Japan's March Set: 'Rebellion Crash,' Plus Toxtricity V, Charizard VMAX, Grimmsnarl VMAX!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Merovingian Dead Game Enthusiast
    Merovingian

Articles Head Member

I’m going to be gutted if Dan doesn’t get a FA.

Sort of excited about Cursed Shovel SR though

fleshrum likes this.

2. Clam Almost decent
    Clam

its always the gimmicky trainers like dan that get full arts but this time i kinda wanna see a dan FA

Cynaptex and FourteenAlmonds like this.
  3. Hongo Aspiring Trainer
    Hongo

The gold Persserker is kind of exciting.

4. Yaginku Aspiring Trainer
    Yaginku

Aaaaaaand FA Oleana goes straight into my binder.

The rainbow supporter experiment has been largely a failure, as their prizes fall exactly on the same level as the regular FA. I'm not sure they'll discontinue them any time soon, but they could increase the Expected Value by printing something people actually want instead.

Perrserker is extremely random and boy is it gonna be a bad pull. I am not against rares getting a golden card, but they could print a more collectible card instead.

And finally, no gold nugget. Boo.

5. don()shinobi PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
    don()shinobi

Man, Gigantamax Copperajah really is unsalvageable in card art.

Hongo and Malavok like this.
  6. Clam Almost decent
    Clam

nintales and falinks are the only good ones at least to me if you dont agree i respect that

7. AngryBokoblin Guzzlord is fun
    AngryBokoblin

Eldigoss looks good which I am happy about because I am pretty sure I will look at it a lot in the future.
    Boss's Orders just looks bad, though.
    What is the hand doing?

8. Malavok Aspiring Trainer
    Malavok

I like them all except Copperajah VMAX, which looks terrible.

9. Cynaptex Aspiring Trainer
    Cynaptex

I'M LOVING THAT FULL ART FALINKS!!! All the full arts look good it seems!

Also I kinda thought they might be giving Perrserker it's own gold card. I was thinking if they kinda went off the promos from the Build & Battle prereleases when Frosmoth got it's gold card, then the only other option would've been the Perrserker to get a gold card. (They wouldn't do the starters so early so Rillaboom wasn't getting it, and Cinccino was from another generation so it wouldn't get it either)

10. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

Love that my golden, cutie Perrserker is represented :D

Also, can I just say I love the Malamar FA! Imo both of Eske's other Malarmar cards (EX and regular V) has been kinda eh (V was better than EX, but still), but this one looks really good!

Oddish22 likes this.
  11. Merovingian Dead Game Enthusiast
    Merovingian

Articles Head Member

No FA/RR Dan

No SR Cursed Shovel

NO Gold NUGGET!

True crimes have been committed here. Looks like I only need $1.50 in singles from this set

Clam likes this.
  12. Mudkip_Is_God Aspiring Trainer
    Mudkip_Is_God

All of the full art V cards look really good, excluding the Copperajah V, but yes, the Boss's Orders just broke his pointer finger.

13. Mudkip_Is_God Aspiring Trainer
    Mudkip_Is_God

*Giovanni on the Boss's Order card. Sorry!

14. MasterGallade ThePokemonRhombus @ YouTube
    MasterGallade

I'm only sad because I thought that every main set in this era would have a Gold card of the set's mascot, while every subset would have a Gold card of a playable Pokemon from the previous set, but that gosh dang Perrserker debunked that theory ;_; I wanted my Gold Toxtricityyyyyyy

That aside, Dragapult FA and Falinks FA are my faves from this set easily <3 Milotic is gorgeous too

15. CharizaedXbest Aspiring Trainer
    CharizaedXbest

that gold Giovanni looks better then the FA one which is wierd because most of the RR varients looked worse to me

16. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

Is there a reason Copperajah is that weird brick shape?

17. AbyssalHand Surge Double Bellelba
    AbyssalHand

card is gonna get better w the new meowth but yeah i sorta agree

18. Malavok Aspiring Trainer
    Malavok

That's its GMAX form.

19. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

Nah, I mean in general. There's usually some reason. Something tied to the culture. I get why copper (sort of, it's not like India is a huge copper producer today, but maybe in the past), elephants, the portmanteau name (a word which itself is a kind of trunk/luggage), but I suspect the general blockyness of the evolved Cufant is meaningful somehow. It looks like construction equipment or mining machinery. Maybe that has something to do with it.

20. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

So far all I have is that Ganesha, son of Shiva is represented as having the head of an elephant. Idols of Ganesha are typically made of copper or bronze (not sure why yet). That ties in the copper better as well as the over all elephant form, but I still don't quite get the blockyness. Must have something to do with mining. The more I look at it, the more the VMax looks like one of those giant bucket wheeled strip mining machines. The V and stage 1, kind of like an excavator.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?