Japan's March Set: 'Rebellion Crash,' Plus Toxtricity V, Charizard VMAX, Grimmsnarl VMAX!

Has anyone else realized how much BREAKpoint vibes this set gives off? It has a lot of the same Pokémon that were in BREAKpoint, and even seems to have a water theme going on with the arts. I really like it because BREAKpoint was the first set I ever really got cards from. If only there was another Skyla Full Art in this set.

Milotic V would be playable if it's first attack costed 1 energy, maybe 2, but 3 is ridiculously bad. It's disappointing that it's literally the worst V Pokémon we've gotten that doesn't evolve into a V-Max.

We have Frosmoth + Galar Mine. Playing Lapras V+Frosmoth on PTCGO as we speak. It's easy to get 3 energy on, 6 energy is the tough part. But 3 energy is really easy. With Milotic it is less prizes+ more consistent

One Galar Mine on a 3 retreat cost pokemon is 260 damage. If we add Absol to the mix on the basic that's 310 damage.

There's something to build here

EDIT: We also are getting Water Bucket. Going to be an amazing card paired with Frosmoth

Last edited:
I finally complete my Rebel Clash set list. Combining VMax Rising and Rebellious Clash will give us 14 Vs so I add the Promo Eiscue V on the list, plus the list has some missing cards so I add Perrserker, Poke Ball, and Full Heal from two different ETBs. Is it okay if I put a link to my setlist here so that people will see?

Attack translation time (and the only one at that):

Flapple: Acid Bomb > Acid Spray, a move it gets in the video games.

this is my top 7 pokemon arts from rebellious clash

7 wingull i just like the style I dont have much to say for this one

6 chaterot I really like the style and the way it looks like its saying hi to the people that are chatting in the background overall just pleasing

5 Alcremie its so friggin cute

4 milery Its also cute

3 spirtomb I think its really weird and honestly kinda puts me into a strange mood when looking at it just how it should be

2 lampet looks so cool its in a room lit by itself and theres also a sableye on the bed and I just like the style

1 Milotic V its beautiful just like how it should be

add Ludicolo to the list he just makes me happy

Last edited:
Okay.

I know that I complained not even 12 hours ago that Sword & Shield so far hasn’t had much in the innovation and weirdness department.

Cursed Shovel, Olivia, and Dan. Wow!

I was wrong. Glad I was wrong. All I can say is: There better be a Full Art Dan

Ability: Top Entry
If you draw this card from your deck at the beginning of your turn and there is room on your Bench, instead of putting it into your hand, you may play it directly onto your Bench.

- I love this ability, seeing that 3 pokemon gets it (Lampent, Lombre & Luxio) I hope in the future, more would this ability, atleast it would help more stage 2 became playable abit.

It has 160HP and no good way to accelerate energy. It's pretty bad.
I think you're missing the fact that the previous falinks does 30 damage for each pokemon with falinks in its name on the bench. That's 150 for 1 twin energy not including modifiers like martial arts dojo. Falinks V doesn't need to attack, just benchsit and reduce damage done to the active falinks.

Like it's not broken by any means, but this can be a fun deck that preys on fighting weakness and takes advantage of being a 1 prize attacker (still loses to Zacian V ADP easily tho)

037930_P_BURIMUON-1.jpg

brb, bowing down to my queen in the least emotional way possible lest she kill me.

From my understanding Galarian Weezing needs to be in the active to turn off your opponent's abilities. So it's basically Slaking on a Stage 1.
Ok, I had another look and yeah that's how it is.

I got confused because the Japanese バトル場 just means battlefield/battle spot, so not being overly familiar with the Japanese TCG wording conventions, I assumed that referred to being "in play". Double-checking against Dragapult V (which I should have done first), it seems バトル場 refers to the active spot rather than the battlefield in general.

Thanks for pointing that out, its a bit of a relief :)

The text on Runerigus's first attack seems to specifically say "damage counters on this Galarian Runerigus," presumably to prevent an instance where the attack can be copied by a Pokemon with a lot more HP.

Ability: Tar Generator
Once during your turn, you may search your discard pile for up to 1 [R] Energy and 1 [F] Energy and attach them to your Pokemon in any way you like. Then, shuffle your deck. --- Why do I have to shuffle my deck, when I attach Energy from discard?

Back