Resource Mafia Master Document & New Player Guide - Looking for Hosts!

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Via PM or here?

...? Sorry, I keep looking at Post #4 and see that the game is missing Mafia LIV, LV, LVI, LVII and LVIII.
...hey. Has there ever been a case where someone hosts a game while another game is ongoing?

Also, I am assuming that hoping for 17 players is too much to ask for?
Am I correct to assume that 9 players is the "current" norm?
Via PM, it says so in the OP that you accused of being outdated. :p

1. Not that I recall, typically it's only the sign ups that begin halfway through.
2. Obviously I cannot give you an exact number, but recent mafia games are a good source. I wouldn't make a game designed for tons of players.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you have via PM as well. :)

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Via PM, it says so in the OP that you accused of being outdated. :p
Fair enough.
1. Not that I recall, typically it's only the sign ups that begin halfway through.
2. Obviously I cannot give you an exact number, but recent mafia games are a good source. I wouldn't make a game designed for tons of players.
Okay.
I'm happy to answer any other questions you have via PM as well. :)
Hm... Very well. I will PM you.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
In the most recent Mafia Game (Forest Fire as of the time of writing), host @NinjaPenguin decided to steer away from the term 'lynch' and derivatives due to the racial connotations it has. This change stems from MafiaUniverse, one of the biggest names when it comes to Mafia, as announced here after the question sparking here.

The PokeBeach Forum Games team echoes this sentiment, and as such, we will also be moving away from 'lynch' as the official term. The term will not be removed from the terminology section in the interest of new players, but it will be pointed out as obsolete, having no place in official contexts, and will instead direct them to the new term - Elimination.

Hosts are asked to use 'Elimination' instead as the new official term, and players should also change their own terminology - though they are free to explore and experiment with their own replacements. It should be noted that terms that simply dance around it (such as 'lunch', for example) kind of defeat the purpose. Hosts should also include a small reminder of the terminology change in their OP, at least for now.

However, unlike MafiaUniverse, PokeBeach only ever has one Mafia game active at a time, and so it is infinitely easier to ensure this ruling is followed. The present Mafia game will serve as a period of transition where slip-ups will be pointed out, but action will not be taken until after a number of repeated offences. Depending on when the next Mafia game takes place, it could potentially also be used for transition, but as of Mafia 63 (the current game being Mafia 61) the transition period will be over.

MafiaUniverse is taking a different approach by allowing players to moderate each other in that regard, but on this site that would be against the mini-modding rule and so instead we're implementing this transition period that both players and hosts can use to adjust to the new term without being penalized.

I've tried to anticipate questions and address as much as possible here, but please reach out if there is anything I missed.