'Cosmic Eclipse,' November's English Set!

ArceusTrainer

Arceus Collector
Finally a new Arceus, AND GX! but I am quite disappointed in that design, they could make it so much better than that.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Igglybuff and Cleffa are two of my favorite Baby Pokemon personally. I know they've been done before, but I like that they're putting them on a big fancy Tag Team card. It's a really cute card, too.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Fairy Babies TTGX - Main atk fine. One Will and KO Garchomp & Giratina. The GX atk is nuts but its awkward to pull off. 240 HP that can stack 16 energy is may be not good. Maybe if you pull 12 energy from Morgan, that could work. 4 Geodudes
  • Dialga & Palkia & Arceus TTGX - The GX atk is the main highlight and cause some issues in Expanded with DDE. 4 Geodudes
So that leaves Fighting and Metal as the remaining types with only 1 Tag Team. I predict SM12a might have a Fossil Tag Team (Armaldo & Cradily PLEASE), Celesteela & Kartana (& Stakataka?), and 1 good old fashioned regular GX to cap off the GX era.

I don't mind the babies chosen for this Tag Team, but in retrospect if they wanted to give some love to as many neglected Pokemon as possible the SM10 Cleffa could've easily been Mime Jr. or Azurill and the promo Igglybuff could've been Azurill or Mantyke instead.
We'll get 9 TTGX in Cosmic Eclipse. So far, we got 8 out of 9. There might be a chance.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
TTGX:
  1. Charizard & Braixen
  2. Venusaur & Snivy
  3. Blastoise & Piplup
  4. Solgaleo & Lunala
  5. Reshiram & Zekrom
  6. Naganadel & Guzzlord
  7. Dialga & Palkia & Arceus
  8. Togepi & Cleffa & Igglybuff
  9. Solgaleo & Lunala & Ultra Necrozma?

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
ADP (Adenosine triphosphate lolol) TTGX is broken in DDE (Double Dragon Energy) decks in Expanded. That GX attack + massive energy acceleration breathes new life into Dragon decks. It also makes EX/GX decks more able to compete in the prize trade with non-GX decks... which really hurts the viability of non-_X decks yet again :(

Also, there's potential for a new hilarious combo: ADP-TTGX + Whimsicott GRI 91 + KO'ing a Tag Team = instant 6 Prize KO. Or, paired with Mega Sableye + Ttar TTGX, that's an extra 2 prizes per KO with Greedy Crush if you can manage it.

Meanwhile, Baby puffs TTGX can instant win.... IF you manage to get 16 Fairy Energies onto it. Very difficult but not impossible, again, especially in Expanded. I wonder if they'll ban it in Expanded...

Last edited:

Robert Fuchs

PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
So if you play a Pokemon Ranger supporter, I guess it cancels out the effect of the Arceus Palkia and Dialga GX attack??

Johnny2316

Aspiring Trainer
Okay, these two GXs are extremely awesome looking. And they both have an amazing effect for both. I'm hyped for Cosmic Eclipse, it will be a fantastic set!

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Man, the Creation Trio GX is absolutely broken and I both love it and want it.

The baby trio... well the potential for getting another turn in is good, but at the same time, it's highly unlikely that you're going to have 16 fairy energy cards on it, unless you use a LOT of energy search/energy swap cards

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
So that leaves Fighting and Metal as the remaining types with only 1 Tag Team. I predict SM12a might have a Fossil Tag Team (Armaldo & Cradily PLEASE), Celesteela & Kartana (& Stakataka?), and 1 good old fashioned regular GX to cap off the GX era.

I don't mind the babies chosen for this Tag Team, but in retrospect if they wanted to give some love to as many neglected Pokemon as possible the SM10 Cleffa could've easily been Mime Jr. or Azurill and the promo Igglybuff could've been Azurill or Mantyke instead.

English Cosmic Eclipse set is said to have 16 GX, 9 Tag Teams, 7 Regular GX. So we're expecting another 2 Tag Teams and 4 Reg GX's.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
English Cosmic Eclipse set is said to have 16 GX, 9 Tag Teams, 7 Regular GX. So we're expecting another 2 Tag Teams and 4 Reg GX's.
We're actually only missing 1 Tag Team! The 3 Starters, the 2 from Dream League, Naganadel/Guzzlord, and the 2 revealed at Worlds.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
I already don't like tag teams, but really? The second Fairy tag team is three babies? Wow, y'all really got your best minds on it, Creatures Inc...

Let us make the tag teams. Then we'll make actual good ones like Diancie and Mega Mawile, Xerneas and Tapu Lele..you know, actually good Pokemon.
The literal gods of creation of the Sinnoh region: *Am I a joke to you?*
Puns aside, it’s got potential, especially with the gx move. It just needs stuff to accelerate it

Scoop

Literally a sheep
So the CHR cards are secret rares now, huh? I hope they've got good pull rates... Maybe it'll be like an Evolutions SR deal where they're pretty easy to get. I hope so.