Finished Mafia LVIII: Project Fusion- GAME OVER: Mafia Wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Also as a deepwolf, I don't kill somebody in the PoE because that makes people get suspicious of everything.
For the record, not all of us can read minds of an expert Mafia player who lives behind a screen miles away from us.
Nick's claim can verify who those roles targeted (if he tracked you last night for instance it could be proven the roleblock is not something you fabricated), along with verifying stuff via its watcher function.
The roleblock thing was plausibly from Piplup as mentioned before, while Nick does not have a watcher function, but a motion detector function.
I'd prefer to wait so it can't get hammered before I can get a chance to finish defense and analyze.
...for some reason I feel uncomfortable with it, but since your argument is reasonable, I shall comply.
Also for that matter has Zone claimed?
Yeah. Unfortunately it cannot be proven, considering Jade did nothing with it N1.
If I were you, I would start reading from Page 15.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
For the record, not all of us can read minds of an expert Mafia player who lives behind a screen miles away from us.
You can't read my mind but you can read past statements I've said about Drac's play as town. I've said before he isn't good enough at having a thread presence or convincing people. You can also infer from the 10+ games I've played with him that I know he's an easy mislynch and doesn't need a decently developed case to get mislynched. You can also see from the games as scum I've played that I don't nightkill people in the PoE.
The roleblock thing was plausibly from Piplup as mentioned before, while Nick does not have a watcher function, but a motion detector function.
Motion detector has a watcher function. He knows I wasn't targeted by anybody last night. It's not very useful but also serves a purpose.
What matters is that tracker-wise it can prove that Cel's ability was removed (or if Piplup wasn't dead if that kind of ability possibly existing). In fact, because that ability can remove active abilities, it proves that there is an additional use to it: you can track anybody who Piplup has removed an ability from to check if they've performed the nightkill.
Town already has more power in Piplup's vig & Ephemera's limited doctor than a typical 9 player setup. It doesn't need to be important but it needs to have a use.

Zone Q11

You can't read my mind but you can read past statements I've said about Drac's play as town. I've said before he isn't good enough at having a thread presence or convincing people. You can also infer from the 10+ games I've played with him that I know he's an easy mislynch and doesn't need a decently developed case to get mislynched. You can also see from the games as scum I've played that I don't nightkill people in the PoE.
I won't deny meta-reasoning, but if I can "grow" to not tunnel you immediately after joining the game, then I don't see how you can't "grow" to be even more unpredictable than you already were. ...clearly it is evident that this discussion will go nowhere. Hence, let us stop this argument and instead let me ask you whom you think are the prime suspects.
What matters is that tracker-wise it can prove that Cel's ability was removed (or if Piplup wasn't dead if that kind of ability possibly existing). In fact, because that ability can remove active abilities, it proves that there is an additional use to it: you can track anybody who Piplup has removed an ability from to check if they've performed the nightkill.
What I had said was merely done on a whim because I found some details to be incorrect; it did not carry any meaning to it. I did not mean to belittle Nick's ability, nor did I for that matter want to start talking about the usefulness of abilities. I apologize for making you think that I was unhappy with anything, and I apologize for wasting your time that you could have spent defending yourself and/or analyzing the game.

P.S. Why the heck do I sound so formal in the second half? Am I on a mood swing or something?

NinjaPenguin

I won't deny meta-reasoning, but if I can "grow" to not tunnel you immediately after joining the game, then I don't see how you can't "grow" to be even more unpredictable than you already were. ...clearly it is evident that this discussion will go nowhere. Hence, let us stop this argument and instead let me ask you whom you think are the prime suspects.
Looking back through ISOs they both check out Ephemera and Nick are confirmed town enough which leaves you/Cel/Naga.
I don't want Cel to be scum because that means scattered put a chat in the game just to pocket me but you/Naga feels so unlikely.
If he's scum with one of the two it's probably Naga with the way he defended Naga in that chat with me and just acted like Naga has an active ability which he couldn't know unless he's scum with Naga which means Ephemera is probably right and I'm probably stupid.
What I had said was merely done on a whim because I found some details to be incorrect; it did not carry any meaning to it. I did not mean to belittle Nick's ability, nor did I for that matter want to start talking about the usefulness of abilities. I apologize for making you think that I was unhappy with anything, and I apologize for wasting your time that you could have spent defending yourself and/or analyzing the game.
Nono you're totally good the goal of being town is for everybody to get on the same page and work as a team. Ask any question you have for me if it helps you feel more comfortable trusting my defense.

Zone Q11

Looking back through ISOs they both check out Ephemera and Nick are confirmed town
I assume this is done through tone-reading?
Nono you're totally good the goal of being town is for everybody to get on the same page and work as a team. Ask any question you have for me if it helps you feel more comfortable trusting my defense.
I see. Then let me ask you this question: What will you do now? Vote someone or vote No Lynch?
I will have you know, that my judgement on your alignment depends on this answer of yours.

NinjaPenguin

I assume this is done through tone-reading?
Tone and equivalent stuff. Nick I quickly glanced at his claim again to see if it felt like there was an agenda of pocketing me he was going for with it and Ephemera I looked back at the walls to see if anything felt off perspective wise and see if there were any conclusions from them that felt forced and agenday.
I see. Then let me ask you this question: What will you do now? Vote someone or vote No Lynch?
I will have you know, that my judgement on your alignment depends on this answer of yours.
No Lynch is the objectively better play because there's less chances for town to vote wrong (3 instead of 4) and there's a chance Nick gets something of use with his ability. I need to read over you-Naga interactions and Cel's ISO to check my feelings that you two can't be scumbuddies and Cel is more likely to be Naga's but then I'll cast my vote for it.

Zone Q11

No Lynch is the objectively better play because there's less chances for town to vote wrong (3 instead of 4) and there's a chance Nick gets something of use with his ability.
Well then, from "you are possibly scum" you are back to "you are only scum if Nick is scum ...which is unlikely to be the case, since nobody opposed the idea of Nick being town".
I need to read over you-Naga interactions and Cel's ISO to check my feelings that you two can't be scumbuddies and Cel is more likely to be Naga's but then I'll cast my vote for it.
I see ...that is going to take a while, isn't it?
@Celever, @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, what do you think of NP? Still scummy? Well I don't anymore, and now I am stuck waiting for the No Lynch to happen.

Zone Q11

By the way NP, are you going to claim your role yet? Cel's already more or less revealed it anyway, but I want to read it regardless.

NinjaPenguin

By the way NP, are you going to claim your role yet? Cel's already more or less revealed it anyway, but I want to read it regardless.
You are Lucas and you are aligned with The Pokemon Trainers. It took you long enough but you finally found someone who is willing to trade their Haunter without attaching an Everstone to it. The moment you got your Haunter it evolved into a really scary looking Gengar. But is seemed like a scarier creature was walking next to you. It looked like a Hypno, but its mane was.. Fins.. of a Gyarados. Before you could do anything, the weird Hypnodos started to use Hydro Pump. You managed to defeat it thanks to your powerful Gengar, but it looks like there are more to come. You decided to call an old friend and he offered you to join a team of Pokemon trainers to fight the good fight. Guess it’s time to put your new Gengar to the test!

Pokemon: Gengar

Passive Ability: Destiny Bond
If you are lynched, the last player to vote you will lose all abilities.

Passive Ability: Shadow Connection
Your friend’s Pokemon can connect with your Pokemon as well as both you and your friend’s minds. Starting at night 1, you both will get a special link where you can communicate during the nights and days outside the game thread. Can they be trusted? It is up to you to decide.

Win Condition: Eliminate all Project Fusion members.

NinjaPenguin

Everything else leaves me pretty convinced but this is the post that concerns me about the Naga-Zone aren't scumbuddies theory:
Ok, here’s a long one. My read post.

-I am pretty confused about the Drac kill. I’m seeing an experienced player on that team, pretty sure of themselves that they’ll survive.
-Zone has definitely shaken up the game.
-Looking back, I’m finding Mord more sus. Probably should’ve listened to everyone before about how his last post is NAI.
-I’m finding Ephemera most towny, I can’t see any sus motives and they’ve contributed too much to be Mafia IMO.
-I’d like to see some more activity from Mord.
-I’m personally not reading Zone as townleaning. After pressuring me that much, I don’t understand how normal town can read him as town.
-I’m expecting a lot from Nick’s post later. Hopefully some new leads.
-I’m finding Nick a little under the tier of Mera’s towniness.
- @NinjaPenguin why do you care if people sheep you? Why are you hesitant to vote because other people will follow? Won’t that just help you? What is your real motive for not voting, because there is no doubt in my mind that having people vote for themselves isn’t it. I know

##Vote: NinjaPenguin

Here’s my list of people from most to least towny.

Mera
Nick
Cel
NP
Zone-Mord
It still feels so strange that he's pushed me so hard while Zone and Morda he claimed to see as more scummy the whole time and when he realizes he was voting Zone (supposedly his larger scumread the whole time) unvotes and apologizes (Post #214).
Then again he also literally says nothing about Cel here and puts him in the middle of his reads list which is equally incredibly weird.

Zone Q11

You are Lucas and you are aligned with The Pokemon Trainers. It took you long enough but you finally found someone who is willing to trade their Haunter without attaching an Everstone to it. The moment you got your Haunter it evolved into a really scary looking Gengar. But is seemed like a scarier creature was walking next to you. It looked like a Hypno, but its mane was.. Fins.. of a Gyarados. Before you could do anything, the weird Hypnodos started to use Hydro Pump. You managed to defeat it thanks to your powerful Gengar, but it looks like there are more to come. You decided to call an old friend and he offered you to join a team of Pokemon trainers to fight the good fight. Guess it’s time to put your new Gengar to the test!

Pokemon: Gengar

Passive Ability: Destiny Bond
If you are lynched, the last player to vote you will lose all abilities.

Passive Ability: Shadow Connection
Your friend’s Pokemon can connect with your Pokemon as well as both you and your friend’s minds. Starting at night 1, you both will get a special link where you can communicate during the nights and days outside the game thread. Can they be trusted? It is up to you to decide.

Win Condition: Eliminate all Project Fusion members.
Alright then. That leaves us with only @NaganadelIsBeast left, as the last person yet to have claimed.
In the meantime, I am going to continue with RL, seeing as this has yet become another waiting game of sorts.
It still feels so strange that he's pushed me so hard while Zone and Morda he claimed to see as more scummy the whole time and when he realizes he was voting Zone (supposedly his larger scumread the whole time) unvotes and apologizes (Post #214).
Then again he also literally says nothing about Cel here and puts him in the middle of his reads list which is equally incredibly weird.
I'll bet 50 nuffies that Cel will say that it is because he is a newbie or something.

NinjaPenguin

Yeah if Cel is scum it's much more likely with Naga than with Zone. There's no evidence that Cel-Zone isn't a thing but there's no evidence it is. Meanwhile with Naga I feel like he perspective slipped that he knows Naga's role and that it has an active ability and there are some things in the QT that make me think this too.
Putting Naga in towncore:
"I certainly agree that Naganadel is town but I think it's hasty to include Ephemera in the towncore just yet."

"Nothing to bank on, but a perspective read could be valuable in this situation where it's kinda us 3/2 (including clear town Naganadel) against 5/4 fairly blank slates."

Me: "What's your thought about the way [Naga]'s tunneling me/voted me despite seeing morda and Zone as scummier?"
Cel: "It's a difficult thing to read into too much I think, mainly due to his inexperience complicating things. I mean, how many players try a pressure vote on the second day of their first game like he has? It would imply buddying if not for Zone coming in and playing aggressively with his pressure, something that Naga first confirmed is viable in mafia, and then replicated.

I think this is just his way of pushing for leads honestly, and comes from a town persuasion."

There's also this:
"I did also just have the thought that realistically this chat might not be open for long considering either of us are the clear namekills in this game. That said, Piplup's role basically confirms the presence of a protective role, so mafia probably should kill Naganadel assuming the doc would protect a namekill. It's a tossup what's gonna happen with a game of newer players."
Shockingly similar to Cel's theory, this post is a nice explanation of how he could have pocketed me by making me think scum him would have targeted Naga last night (when that was impossible).

The only time Cel mentioned Zone in the QT was in that third post in putting Naga in towncore.

Zone Q11

Zone and NP are scumbuddies.
Will try to make a longer post later.
You know, despite having 36+ hours left, I have a feeling that "later" will take him longer than 12 hours.
Meanwhile, I see that Cel is not thinking straight; I subbed Jade. Jade was clearly AFK before I got subbed in. NP isn't the killer, according to Nick. Which means that if he is scum, his scumbuddy has to have done it. If I was NP's scumbuddy, then that must mean that Jade was the killer N1. ...yes, the Jade who went AFK since June 3rd (i.e. a week ago) according to the forum's search function. (-_-)

NinjaPenguin

Zone and NP are scumbuddies.

Will try to make a longer post later.
OK will hold off on voting no lynch until you've done so.
Meanwhile, I see that Cel is not thinking straight; I subbed Jade. Jade was clearly AFK before I got subbed in. NP isn't the killer, according to Nick. Which means that if he is scum, his scumbuddy has to have done it. If I was NP's scumbuddy, then that must mean that Jade was the killer N1. ...yes, the Jade who went AFK since June 3rd (i.e. a week ago) according to the forum's search function. (-_-)
Nah if I was scum I could probably puppet his action.

Zone Q11

OK will hold off on voting no lynch until you've done so.
Oh holy schnitzels Celever, you have prolonged the game yet again...
--by the way, seeing as you hold off the vote until Cel comes back, I assume you are done with your defense and analysis?
Oh. That's a thing? @scattered mind, is that a thing?

Zone Q11

Oh. Oka-- wait a minute.
"I could probably puppet his action" ...which means that NP could puppet whoever he is scumbuddies with? Even an active player?
So Celever's theory is not impossible?

For those who don't get it, this is a joke. I stand by my belief that NP is only scum if Nick is scum.
...speaking of Nick, HEY NICK! What are you going to do aside from watching from the sidelines?

NinjaPenguin

--by the way, seeing as you hold off the vote until Cel comes back, I assume you are done with your defense and analysis?
Done enough. I'd do more but I want to wait until Cel's post because I have a strong feeling that if he's scum, I'll be able to tell if his teammate is you/Naga from it. And if not, I'll hopefully be able to tell that from it too.
...speaking of Nick, HEY NICK!
Lmao writing HEY NICK :joy:

Status
Not open for further replies.