Finished Mafia LVIII: Project Fusion- GAME OVER: Mafia Wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Day 1 Vote Count#2

5 votes for a majority

The player with the most votes is tagged

If you think there’s anything wrong, just ask

NagandalisBeast (1) - celever, GM DracLord
Celever (1)- TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK (0)- GM DracLord
GM DracLord (1)- Ephemera , NagandalisBeast, NinjaPenguin
Ephemera (1)- Jadethepokemontrainer
mordacazir (1)- NinjaPenguin

Not voting: TheAquaPipilup , GM DracLord , mordacazir, Ephemera

@Professor_jplap - Sorry, but a player can't sub in after they get subbed out for very obvious reasons. But be sure to alert the hosts of games you signed up for about leaving for vacation
next time.

Day 1 ends in about 35 hours from now.
*Note: GM DracLord is at V/LA untill Wednesday
*Note: Pay attention to your role- some of the abilities are day abilities, meaning the time to use them is during the day and not during the night.

Last edited:

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
I just woke up so I'm going to need a few hours to get school stuff done and the thread read. Give me 3-3 and a half hours and I'll post again with my thoughts.
Back to that, Mord is most suspicious because of his stating that leads are fair but not pursuing one himself, as others have said. That stated, however, it is merely day one and people haven't been very active making this the best lead we have. Thats about all I have that I can say on the subject however.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Concerning my reads, does anyone think I'm wrong or missed something?
By the pure fact that three scum in a nine player game is super unbalanced, I think you're bound to be wrong haha. I'm reading Naganadel as town right now so that's my largest disagreement with you here. His posts just seem pretty pure to me.
So far reading today I've got just about nothing. Ephemera seems towny but in a very cult of personality sense that I'm wary of. Everyone else seems to be playing pretty normally and NAI, including mord, Naganadel and Drac, imo.

Right now I think best play is lynch @TheAquaPiplup if they don't come in and post.
Is it the fact he's never played mafia online that's part of what's bugging you? Their posting also feels good in terms of tone to me but it feels like it's coming from a player who at least has a handful of games under his belt rather than none and that's giving me hesitation.
Sure thing, let me go through the list~

Nick - neutral - Hasn't really posted anything of notice, like you said RVS and side commenting. Just reminding me of their early game meta tbh. Would love to hear your thoughts on the game right now though @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK who do you find sus?
Ephemera - neutral, leaning town - I see what Cel is saying here, so definitely worth keeping an eye on, but I'm reading a lot of their posts as more towny than anything.
Naganadel - neutral - I'm honestly just reading them as slightly confused town right now. Especially if they are inexperienced. @NaganadelIsBeast have you played Mafia before?
Piplup - neutral - Hasn't posted anything. @TheAquaPiplup please give input on the game and who you think might be scum.
Drac - neutral - Again just hasn't said much of note, though as they said they are busy right now and don't have much time to post.
Cel - neutral, leaning town - What they've posted has read more town to me. From the little they've posted imo they have brought up some good points and contributed well.
NP - neutral, leaning town - Active and contributing, easily the most active and contributing. Reading more town NP imo but Idk, haven't seen anything from him to show otherwise.
morda - neutral, very slightly leaning scum - I say very slightly as he is basically the closest thing we've really got as a lead at the moment imo, though I'm really not sure how much of a lead that really is. Keep an eye on him, but really that's about it.

About all I've got right now. There really is nothing I have seen to go off of. I'll be busy the rest of today but can hopefully get on again this evening.
Can you give me a ranking from 1-8 on townieness here? The fact that everything is so neutral means I can't really get any conclusions off of it.
Back to that, Mord is most suspicious because of his stating that leads are fair but not pursuing one himself, as others have said. That stated, however, it is merely day one and people haven't been very active making this the best lead we have. Thats about all I have that I can say on the subject however.
This has been stated in this thread multiple times. Is there a single post/read that nobody has commented that stands out to you? For somebody who said they were taking time to read the thread this isn't even a somewhat new thought at all.
##UNVOTE: Mordacazir
##VOTE: TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

Celever

Wheeeee~
Is it the fact he's never played mafia online that's part of what's bugging you? Their posting also feels good in terms of tone to me but it feels like it's coming from a player who at least has a handful of games under his belt rather than none and that's giving me hesitation.
Y'know, this could be it, or at least part of it.

@Ephemera how come you decided to do a reads list? I mean, I play mafia irl pretty frequently and we've never gone round the circle giving our read on every other player in the game; that's a pretty online-only tool.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Nick
(team aqua dude for new players, his name's too long)

Take this as peer pressure for you to make a valuable post.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
This has been stated in this thread multiple times. Is there a single post/read that nobody has commented that stands out to you? For somebody who said they were taking time to read the thread this isn't even a somewhat new thought at all.
##UNVOTE: Mordacazir

##VOTE: Nick (team aqua dude for new players, his name's too long)

Take this as peer pressure for you to make a valuable post.

Golly jeez, this feels like a wagon that'll get me killed. I even stated that what I had to say was an echo of what had been said previously. No other post had stood out to me as suspicious and if it did I would have shared which one and why. I've always had pretty underwhelming thoughts, if I could aid more on day one I would but there is just too little for me to glean information from right now.

Ephemera

just a little longer...

Heeehhhh? Just dropping in, voting Nick after 2 other players also voted him, and leaving? I find this extremely unhelpful, and suspicious.
##VOTE: TheAquaPiplup

Concerning my reads list, I have gone through some older mafia games when I was still a lurker on this site.
I'd like to say I can get around in online mafia, even though this is my first time.
Does that answer your question?
@Celever

Also, I'm pretty sure some of my reads were off... three scum does seem like too much for a nine player game, huh?
Right now, I want to hear from @TheAquaPiplup. Why vote for Nick?

Celever

Wheeeee~
Yeeeeeeeeeah

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: TheAquaPiplup

We're gonna need a better shift from you.
Concerning my reads list, I have gone through some older mafia games when I was still a lurker on this site.
I'd like to say I can get around in online mafia, even though this is my first time.
Does that answer your question?
@Celever

Also, I'm pretty sure some of my reads were off... three scum does seem like too much for a nine player game, huh?
Fair enough, though that seems like a pretty high level of understanding of how to play the game just gleaned from observation. Not saying you're lying, it just means you're likely more "experienced" than it being your first online game would have us believe.

Still wary of townboxing you, but I am of NP as well who could also be townboxed so. :shrug:

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
I feel like you do know the kinds of questions you can ask though. You've played so many games of mafia I find it hard to believe you can't ask anything, especially when you've gotten better at pressuring people recently.
I kinda have to agree with that, although the questions I would ask wouldn't get a good response because it was really early in the game.
By the pure fact that three scum in a nine player game is super unbalanced, I think you're bound to be wrong haha. I'm reading Naganadel as town right now so that's my largest disagreement with you here. His posts just seem pretty pure to me.
I've got a hunch that Naga is being coached or he's just that basic towny. It feels like it's too pure to be true.
What? This seems to me like wanting to contribute but doesn't yet have reads of his own. Uncoached townie.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
What? This seems to me like wanting to contribute but doesn't yet have reads of his own. Uncoached townie.

How so? If he really wanted to contribute, surely some reasoning or explanation would help, even if it were to reiterate previous points. Simply posting a vote with no explanation is no contribution.

This defense of Piplup makes me slightly more suspicious of you, although I do agree with your point about Naga (finally a nickname, i can't keep using your full username) being slightly suspicious.

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
How so? If he really wanted to contribute, surely some reasoning or explanation would help, even if it were to reiterate previous points. Simply posting a vote with no explanation is no contribution.
He seems like a newbie who just follows the rest. I am not opposed to lynching him though, as he contributes nothing at the moment

Ephemera

just a little longer...
@mordacazir
Who, out of all of us, do you think is most suspicious right now?
D1 is ending in less than 24 hours. Who would you vote for if you couldn't check in within the last few hours.

@NaganadelIsBeast
You said earlier that not much stood out to you in terms of suspiciousness.
A lot of us have posted since then, though. Has anything seemed off to you? Any new reads?

@TheAquaPiplup
I'll say it again: Why vote for Nick?

NaganadelIsBeast

Pun Intended
{@NaganadelIsBeast
You said earlier that not much stood out to you in terms of suspiciousness.
A lot of us have posted since then, though. Has anything seemed off to you? Any new reads?

Well, I’m a little less suspicious of mord now. I’m not picking up as much suspicion as other people are for Nick, but I definitely think he is potential scum. Until Piplup responds, I’m still not reading them as sus, but whatever he responds (if he does at all) I think will make things clearer. I hope you didn’t want me to do one of those whole lists of ratings or whatever. (I can if you want me to though.)

Right now I’m finding Jade and Cel almost confirmed town.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
Nah, you don't have to make a list like that. I just did because I analyze things too much.

I don't really see Nick as scum as of now. Iirc, people were voting for him to pressure him to give new thoughts?
Why do you see him as potential scum?

Status
Not open for further replies.