Finished Mafia LVIII: Project Fusion- GAME OVER: Mafia Wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@NagandelIsBeast You liked that above post but didn't post anything yourself. Do you have any thoughts on who is suspicious seeming or anything that has struck you as unusual so far?

@NagandelIsBeast You liked that above post but didn't post anything yourself. Do you have any thoughts on who is suspicious seeming or anything that has struck you as unusual so far?

I liked that post because I thought but was funny because it’s the third time it’s happened. (And if jplap doesn’t vote for The Darkness.. today, it’ll be a fourth), and I even deleted a post I made joking about how we should do a status thing, but decided to delete it because I don’t think @scattered mind needs or wants that right now.

Well, @mordacazir had some unusual behavior. He defended me for no apparent reason (that I know of) and didn’t vote as well. I’m not as experienced as most other players in this game, so I could be wrong about this. I honestly don’t know what to think of him.

Well, @mordacazir had some unusual behavior. He defended me for no apparent reason (that I know of) and didn’t vote as well. I’m not as experienced as most other players in this game, so I could be wrong about this. I honestly don’t know what to think of him
In your opinion, would there be a specific motivation to do that as mafia which morda wouldn't have as town? If so, what is it?
@NinjaPenguin What about your thoughts on suspicious people? You seem to be the most vocal of us (probably a good thing, btw).
Almost nobody has posted any worthwhile content which I can judge.
My vote's on morda right now because I thought it was strange how he told Drac all leads are fair to be pursued at this point but didn't pursue one himself. I'd consider that the most alignment indicative thing so far but it's barely anything which is why we need a bunch more content from everybody here.
I have a couple other mental notes but I don't want to say them so I can wait and determine if it's a pattern or not because they aren't that suspicious in isolation.

I have a couple other mental notes but I don't want to say them so I can wait and determine if it's a pattern or not because they aren't that suspicious in isolation.
One of these is almost definitely me stating that I'm not Zone. If not, I'm incredibly disappointed in you

Honestly not seeing much to comment on right now. Agreeing with NP somewhat that morda could be worth keeping an eye on, but I've really got nothing else.

@NinjaPenguin What about your thoughts on suspicious people? You seem to be the most vocal of us (probably a good thing, btw).
Since you asked NP this, mind if I ask you the same thing? Are you finding anyone sus so far, and if so who?

In your opinion, would there be a specific motivation to do that as mafia which morda wouldn't have as town? If so, what is it?

Nothing much I can think of. Maybe he has some ability where he gets some boost if I’m his nightkill (some a random player ability), but idk. I mostly just found his behavior was the most suspicious out of all.

Quoting isn't working so here we go:
Naga:
Well, @mordacazir had some unusual behavior. He defended me for no apparent reason (that I know of) and didn’t vote as well. I’m not as experienced as most other players in this game, so I could be wrong about this. I honestly don’t know what to think of him.
Me: That was meant as a joke to maybe get a conversation going. Which worked I guess.
NP:
My vote's on morda right now because I thought it was strange how he told Drac all leads are fair to be pursued at this point but didn't pursue one himself. I'd consider that the most alignment indicative thing so far but it's barely anything which is why we need a bunch more content from everybody here.
Me: I didn't know what questions to ask so yeah I didn't pursue.
Also calling it now that at least 1 out of the people who commented I am suspicious is scum

Disclaimer: Most of this is pure conjecture.
Now that that's out of the way, let's go down the list of players.

1. TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

I can't really tell based on his content whether he is suspicious or not. Given that this is D1, I suppose that is to be expected, but I would neither see him as town or scum right now. Nothing major in his posts, RVS, side comments... I have nothing.
Neutral

2. Ephemera

I'll skip myself, for obvious reasons.

3. NaganadelIsBeast

Being an inexperienced player, there is always the chance that they are simply finding this a bit confusing (I know I am). However, I am finding them slightly suspicious due to their post on Mordacazir, right after NinjaPenguin pressured Mordacazir as well. Slight bandwagoning maybe? However, this also may mean that they are not scum, because if they were scum, they might have been getting tips from the other members. This could get me into a confusing spiral, so I'll leave it at that. Right now, I can't read NaganadelisBeast as town.
Neutral, leaning scum

4. TheAquaPiplup

Having no posts and replacing a player with no posts hinders me from making any reads. :confused:
Neutral, I guess, but only because I have nothing to read...

5. GM DracLord

There is little to analyze from GM DracLord's posts, the main things being he finds it interesting to vote new people (which I guess is fair) and maybe some subtle redirecting of NP's question about OMGUS? (Unless that was a satisfactory answer, in which case idk.)
Neutral, maybe leaning scum a bit?

6. Jadethepokemontrainer

I can't really tell. There's not much to analyze. Voted for me in RVS, then asked me what my reads are, that's fair. Nothing really suspicious, but nothing too major to the game?
Neutral

7. Celever

I got nothing. Starts RVS, then leaves. I guess that's to be expected, considering he said he wouldn't have much time, but that means that there's nothing to base any reads off of.
Neutral

8. NinjaPenguin

Seems to be the most vocal. Content is mostly pressuring GM DracLord b/c OMGUS, then Mordacazir about pursuing leads, then asking me and NaganadelisBeast about playstyles and reads. Says there's almost no content to judge, which is somewhat fair. I can't say whether NP is town or scum, but I wouldn't vote for him today, if this were to keep up. My gut feeling says he might be town, but my feelings have been wrong many times before...
Neutral, slightly leaning town but only b/c of gut feelings

9. mordacazir

Has NP on his case b/c of not pursuing a lead while talking about pursuing leads? Somewhat true, but this is also D1. May not mean anything. Also, NaganadelisBeast (i need a nickname for you) thinks that he's suspicious b/c of not voting and other stuff? Okay... He is calling that either one of the people thinking he is suspicious is scum... that's possible. I would put him between GM DracLord and NaganadelisBeast on my sus list. Could be suspicious, but nothing solid enough.
Neutral, leaning scum

TLDR:
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, Jadethepokemontrainer, Celever are neutral, nothing suspicious b/c nothing solid enough to read
TheAquaPiplup is neutral, but only b/c he has posted nothing.
NP feels town, but there is no evidence to point one way or another. He's aggressive, but I believe that's normal?
GM DracLord feels slightly suspicious, but again, nothing solid.
mordacazir seems defensive, but not too much. Slightly suspicious, more than GM DracLord.
NaganadelisBeast is either inexperienced and made a mistake, or bandwagoning on mordacazir. Somewhat suspicious.

Man, that took long.
@Jadethepokemontrainer Do you have any reads?

Also, @NaganadelIsBeast:
Do you see anyone other than Mordacazir as suspicious? I'm slightly suspicious of you pointing at him just after NP pressured him.
Just wondering.
I'll take my vote off for the time being.
##UNVOTE: GM DracLord

Honestly not seeing much to comment on right now. Agreeing with NP somewhat that morda could be worth keeping an eye on, but I've really got nothing else.
Can you reread every post in the thread and give me some conclusion on why (i.e. with what agenda) it was posted? Every single post ought to come from somebody who thinks what they are saying can get them closer to their wincon, so try to find that motive behind them.
Me: I didn't know what questions to ask so yeah I didn't pursue.
I feel like you do know the kinds of questions you can ask though. You've played so many games of mafia I find it hard to believe you can't ask anything, especially when you've gotten better at pressuring people recently.

Also, @NaganadelIsBeast:
Do you see anyone other than Mordacazir as suspicious? I'm slightly suspicious of you pointing at him just after NP pressured him.
Just wondering.
I'll take my vote off for the time being.
##UNVOTE: GM DracLord

I mostly find morda suspicious, other than that, I agree on your comment about DracLord. I can understand why you’re suspicious of me. It’s purely a time issue. NP was able to pressure morda before I could even read his post.

Okay. I'm still somewhat suspicious, but I accept your reasoning.
Concerning my reads, does anyone think I'm wrong or missed something?

So far reading today I've got just about nothing. Ephemera seems towny but in a very cult of personality sense that I'm wary of. Everyone else seems to be playing pretty normally and NAI, including mord, Naganadel and Drac, imo.

Right now I think best play is lynch @TheAquaPiplup if they don't come in and post.

Sure thing, let me go through the list~

Nick - neutral - Hasn't really posted anything of notice, like you said RVS and side commenting. Just reminding me of their early game meta tbh. Would love to hear your thoughts on the game right now though @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK who do you find sus?
Ephemera - neutral, leaning town - I see what Cel is saying here, so definitely worth keeping an eye on, but I'm reading a lot of their posts as more towny than anything.
Naganadel - neutral - I'm honestly just reading them as slightly confused town right now. Especially if they are inexperienced. @NaganadelIsBeast have you played Mafia before?
Piplup - neutral - Hasn't posted anything. @TheAquaPiplup please give input on the game and who you think might be scum.
Drac - neutral - Again just hasn't said much of note, though as they said they are busy right now and don't have much time to post.
Cel - neutral, leaning town - What they've posted has read more town to me. From the little they've posted imo they have brought up some good points and contributed well.
NP - neutral, leaning town - Active and contributing, easily the most active and contributing. Reading more town NP imo but Idk, haven't seen anything from him to show otherwise.
morda - neutral, very slightly leaning scum - I say very slightly as he is basically the closest thing we've really got as a lead at the moment imo, though I'm really not sure how much of a lead that really is. Keep an eye on him, but really that's about it.

About all I've got right now. There really is nothing I have seen to go off of. I'll be busy the rest of today but can hopefully get on again this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back