'Sky Legends' Officially Revealed!

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
And the Meta is now searching for all those commons in the bulk bin with a Tackle attack....

Alolan Geodude? Nah. Rowlet? ...

Seems better for cards prior to Sun & Moon, thus Expanded.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
It's been 2 year since the first Sun Moon tcg set, they're introducing z-crystals (main gen 7 feature) a few months before 8 gen 1st set.
Expected as much. The handling on gen 7's TCG is a thematic disaster.

Spring Sun Warrior

Aspiring Trainer
If only this idea, of putting a GX attack on a tool card isn't coming out at the end of the very generation it is based on. Oh well, another Gimmick that might offer some interesting takes in the game for a couple of sets, but will ultimately fall by the wayside. See: Ace Spec, Ancient Traits, Pokemon BREAK, Dual Types (and for one set only!), Prism Star and many more.

yup, you summed up the tcg exactly. i come back to it every other month or so see whats new, if the meta's fun/has a fun deck. play a bit then take a break.
Pokémon's fun, cute and different so this helps me not get burnt out on it

bsguedes

You shall not pass!
If only this idea, of putting a GX attack on a tool card isn't coming out at the end of the very generation it is based on. Oh well, another Gimmick that might offer some interesting takes in the game for a couple of sets, but will ultimately fall by the wayside. See: Ace Spec, Ancient Traits, Pokemon BREAK, Dual Types (and for one set only!), Prism Star and many more.

But they have to fall by the wayside, imagine if we had all these mechanics still alive with new cards in current sets (a) it would be nearly impossible to balance the game (Expanded has already a pretty big ban list due to this) and (b) sets would need to have 400 cards to fit all the variety in card types/combinations.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Watch Rowlet take out a GX.... Ooh I see so many fun possibilities.
Watch Goomy do it instead.
does Normalium Z work with memory nrg/ shining celibi?
It depends. I bet there will be an official ruling put out as soon as this card is released in English, along with that one Cat Day ability. For now, it doesn’t seem like it, because Normalium Z specifies “has that attack” while Shining Celebi specifies “can use that attack.” It’s a real conundrum.

And this attack, as I haven’t specified before, is really boring and mundane. Stop making these boring and mundane cards.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
149233.jpg

VoltorbBaseSet67.jpg

Gaze upon your new Tackling overlords

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Watch as we get so obsessed about which cards could use this move that we'll soon compile a full list of Pokemon cards that can use tackle. Same with the other Z-crystals! :p

MegaAbsol10

I'm playing Big Blacephalon next quarter :)
Currently, in Standard we'll have 2 fully evolved Pokemon that have the attack 'Tackle' when this comes out. Steelix from Celestial Storm, and Camerupt from Unified Minds (as can be seen above). I know attacking Steelix is kind of dead, but this could be nice in a revised version of it.

Panzerolas

Aspiring Trainer
Currently, in Standard we'll have 2 fully evolved Pokemon that have the attack 'Tackle' when this comes out. Steelix from Celestial Storm, and Camerupt from Unified Minds (as can be seen above). I know attacking Steelix is kind of dead, but this could be nice in a revised version of it.

in steelix seems a very interesting tech for the deck as it sometimes has problems in dealing with some one hit KOs. and it already attacks with 3 energies, so one more or a second dce can be easily put to do that final KO

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
This seems extremely powerful when combined with TCE - you pop a TCE on a pokémon and this item, and as long as you had one other energy (or a way to get it on there) you have an instant 200 damage. Seems like an easy one-off, especially in decks like Zapdos where it's very easy to get that extra energy on there, and it's easy to get this item via Jirachi or Volkner - assuming there is a way to get a Tackle pokémon in there cheaply anyway (I don't think any Eevees have tackle in Standard do they?)...

Stuart Elvers

Aspiring Trainer
I think Normalium Z will be interesting as a tech to non-gx decks with a 1 or 2 of pokemon that have Tackle, that also have energy acceleration opportunities. Side Note: The weakness on Numel and Camerupt is not fire...

JoeyBoi

Aspiring Trainer
There are three interesting cards right there. I'm not sure that Jessie and James will receive much play but then again I could be very wrong. In a Malamar deck it could come in handy so I'm not going to say it will not receive any play as there are multiple decks it could be run in.

Victini is practically made for the Birds and I think without Victini it would be a very difficult card to incorporate into many if not all decks. I know Arceus Prism Star could help if there was no Victini but you can only play one and it has a fairly specific attack condition.