'Sky Legends' Officially Revealed!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Apr 7, 2019.

1. OppositeAttract Aspiring Trainer
    OppositeAttract

Egglet GX has fantastic art while being really interesting and has me thinking about how to use it in expanded with cradily/ sky field to get some busted combos off.

I also think with net ball being exclusive for grass there's decent options to be had with Egglet. Like if you're worried about fire weakness there's a cherin you could evolve up into. However, even with Tsareena, and evolving easily with Egglet GX energy acceleration is still not great for grass. Although I do really like Egglet GX and even think it makes shedninja more viable if someone wants to go that route.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    TheAquaPiplup likes this.

2. Poke_collector Aspiring Trainer
    Poke_collector

Terrakion has to get a GX card in SM11 surely?

Pokenerd and Lord Goomy like this.
  3. Valex Aspiring Trainer
    Valex

So Keldeo GX can hit Hoopa? Nice

VuDu-JuJu and Lord Goomy like this.
  4. Aluminium Aspiring Trainer
    Aluminium

Turn 1 vileplume in expanded

5. jamashawalker Aspiring Trainer
    jamashawalker

There is something alot of us are not seeing with the rowlett A-eggs. It looks awesome and amazing buuut most of the stage 1 and 2s listed are rotating out when this card is released. Decidueye, lurantis and maybe Venusaur are all going to be gone :/ hopefully they bring brand new better stage 2s in the next set otherwise that strategy is looking just alright

Tsreena is nice though. That energy acceleration opens up the door for some cool conbos

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  6. Aluminium Aspiring Trainer
    Aluminium

So 4 og these with goregeist

7. AshCo I gotta spruce this place up for the GAAAEEEEMS
    AshCo

Keldeo!

The fact that the last time there was an ultra rare keldeo was the one from the BW era makes me feel old. That one always felt so prominent that I never felt like it was ever THAT long since we got it.

8. MoFoTY86 Aspiring Trainer
    MoFoTY86

Grass getting a big upgrade. Alolan Execggulet will be a one of off most stage 2 grass decks. Along with Meganium, Tsareena, and Decidueye GX.

And a nice return to Keldeo GX to the meta. Although there are a lot of non GX and EX decks out there that will get rid of it. Plus you'll have to pair this with QuagNag to utilize the GX attack.

9. Wolfe_XD Aspiring Trainer
    Wolfe_XD

It might get a tag team, considering they've released keldeo first. But it could just get a normal GX still.

10. TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK The Phazing Spider-Man
    TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

Me like birb and tree tag team

TheAquaPiplup and Lord Goomy like this.
  11. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

Well, what are we going to call this support monstrosity of a Pokémon? Egglet? Rowlutor? Birb/Eggs? Either way, T1 Vileplume in expanded? That’s evil. The fact that you can just do that into a Lifesplosion Cradily is easily very expandedly evil. In standard, that’s not as bad. It’s actually just what we’ve been needing, although Vileplume (BUS) is going to be a big problem to all sorts of decks. But what we’re not pointing out is that Venusaur SHL can make 3 energy into 6, and Birb/Egg can open that doorway to the field with its first attack. This means that for the low low cost of just $19.99 3 Grass Energy, you can both A, hit 200 damage, and B shuffle every single energy on your opponent’s board into the deck. That’s rather catastrophic, if you can and choose to pull it off.
    Tl;dr: Vileplume combo toxic, Venusaur combo GX attack big boom boom.

Tsareena is also just what we’ve been needing. We could use this with Shining Genesect, Trevanant EX in expanded, and even maybe we could possibly maybe I’m not sure perhaps maybe make a Torterra ULP deck out of this too. The combos are theoretically endless.

Nice to see Keldeo back in another Ultra Rare! Once again, it’s got power, but isn’t going to smash a crater in the game board every time it enters the field. It’s kind of a perfect balance, if you ask me. Nothing too good about it, but it can cream everything within 2-3 turns for 3 Energy while not letting anything through. The GX attack is the 3rd (?) time we’ve gotten Dangerous Rogue, which is kind of annoying, but it’s a cool GX attack to be reprinted (better than Cantankerous Beatdown...)

TheAquaPiplup likes this.
  12. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

I was about to say no, but then I read the second attack...
    You’re onto something.

13. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

I present to you, SUM Solgaleo GX rainbow toolbox.
    (Sol Burst GX into every possible type of energy for the matchup at hand, Ultra Ball the rest away.)

TheAquaPiplup and AngryBokoblin like this.
  14. AngryBokoblin Guzzlord is fun
    AngryBokoblin

Sounds clunky and I love it.

TheAquaPiplup and Lord Goomy like this.
  15. Alex Sableye Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
    Alex Sableye

Keldeo GX fight, since it's attack stabs through the ability

16. Hemos The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
    Hemos

Man, Rowlutor's free energy attack is basically Forest of Giant Plants without the 'as many times as you want in your turn' spam - this could make Decidueye-GX a threat again, pending ya don't mind doing a few turns of buildup.

17. Blinkehyo Aspiring Trainer
    Blinkehyo

It's SUCH a shame that SLI Venusaur is rotating out before this comes out in america

18. zetadragon90 Aspiring Trainer
    zetadragon90

I think its awesome how RowXeggutor GX will make bringing a turn one Vikavolt easier than ever since its first attack works with Grubbin which is a Grass type pokemon, Rayquaza GX decks will get a nice addition.

19. Gengar master shiny pkmn bait
    Gengar master

Advanced Member Member

Rowlet and Egg's free attack is crazy to be honest. This is basically forest of giant plants but with a no energy attack. I can see some Vileplume AOR variants making some appearances in the future for expanded.

20. Hdog7311 Aspiring Trainer
    Hdog7311

Advanced Member Member

here comes turn 1 item lock again plus you can use this in vika bulu rowlet and alolan exeggutor tag team gx is busted

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?