'Sky Legends' Officially Revealed!

You just know the special FA of this card is gonna have Rowlet roosting inside the leaves on Exeggutor's head.

Meganium is a stage 2 grass type pokemon
Imagine a Meganium/Venesaur/Tsareena/Decidueye GX stage 2 deck with this as the main attacker.
I guess the venesaur is not necessary with the tsareena and lurantis is better than decidueye.
Meganium/Tsareena/Rowlutor sounds good.
With life forest and healing stuff like in celisaur.
150+20 (lurantis)+30 (band) =190
190 with heal 30+more sounds good to me.
IT HAS 270 HP

Or even just max potion+2 tsareena+energy from hand

Last edited:
Also that Keldeo is busted with nag/quag
Just need a non gx attacker for the dos matchup (any ideas?) and keldeo is set to go.

• Rowlet & Alolan Exeggutor TTGX - The free atk could help some G stage 2s became better. Like Decidueye-GX, so that Turn 2 it'll do bunch of dmg with its feather arrow. Or Venusaur so that you can do the GX atk for 3 G nrg. 4 Geodudes I still don't trust Meganium until it won a decent tournament.
  • Tsareena - Let's say a good combo with Rowlutor. This is like... DRM Blaziken. Anyway, people make good uses for that. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Keldeo-GX - EX¤GX immune on a GX. Nice! Although the main atk could KO Reshizard with a CB. Still worried on the rotation tho. We have Aqua Patch and NagaQuag so that W energy accel won't be a problem. 4 Geodudes

Also that Keldeo is busted with nag/quag
Just need a non gx attacker for the dos matchup (any ideas?) and keldeo is set to go.
I'm not sure you actually do, as it hits 110 on the dot anyway. You've still got the Quagsire that has Wash out and the fighting one, so you should be OK. I really do see this being the BDIF

The meganium lets you get tsareenas out easy and in 1 turn.
If you get a meganium out turn 1 (use it turn 2) with rowlutor, you can chain them like groviles. You would get another meganium out and then use that to get a tsareena. Turn 3, you get another tsareena.
Your bench can easily be:
2 meganium, 2 tsareena, 1 lurantis/decidueye

lurantis or decidueye is a hard decision.

Decidueye Pros:
Decidueye is a stage two so you can get it with meganium in 1 turn, it snipes 20 anywhere, not just active, and it has an ok GX attack.
Cons:
Stage 2. Can't just evolve (not really a problem because meganium). Also, gives up 2 prizes

Lurantis Pros:
Stage 1. Less clunky. Gives up 1 prize.
Cons: Less versatile.

wow, alolan exegutor looks awesome. just bench 4 rowlets, then attack, next turn candy+attack, then the other turn, candy, you got 4 decidueye in a very small amount of time. I cant remember another grass card that would be awesome in this strategy, but it's still good though

Rowlutor GX is also compatible with Garbodor, if you want to aim for 2-shotting things with Hurricane... but I guess most upper stage Grass types are mostly used for their abilities.

Mmmm, so the viable stage 2 lines for starters with grass mons are Venusaur, this Tsareena, Meganium, Jumpluff (though we all know the attack is just not as good for it).
And the stage 1 lines are promo Lurantis, and Grovyle (because actually leaving Grovyle there is most of times much better).

I didn't realize there was so much support for grass types in standard available right now, though SLG Venusaur is rotating out on September and that's a shame. Also for Vileplume, since having it on deck with this would also be a problem for basic-only decks.

Keldeo GX is a nice toy for stall, that unfortunately is killed by Abandoned Power Plant, so it's not as good as Hoopa previously was. It's also a 2-prizer.

Rowlutor's first attack is really good. Most of the good combos have been metioned already: Venusaur,Meganium,Tsareena, and Decidueye. Unfortunately 150 damage is only 180 with band you need 3 Decidueye to knock out a Pikarom 4 eyes and a kukui to knock most TTs. The GX attack is Zero vanish but more damage. This attack is incredibly matchup specific. Good against Pikarom. Not much else.

Tsareena is a stage 2 It could see play in Meganium and Rowlutor other than that it is just a reprint of SLG Venusaur.

Keldeo GX! Ability is good attack is good enough and the GX attack is great! This is like Zeraora GX, a good frakenstien. Hoopa ability is already good. Lycanroc Dangerous rogue is already good. The attack is good enough paired with it's other attributes. Personally I think Quagnag is heavy duty. You need that for Whales. For this you can setup reasnobally fast with attaches and patches.

Aqua Patch is rotating out, so the deck is stuck with Naganadel as energy accel (unless you go the crazy RNG way with Blastoise). Poipole and Naganadel not being protected by Articuno TEU also puts a wrench into the deck, that by nature is so slow that it needs the help of Articuno TEU to get the ball rolling. I wouldn't call it BDIF even after rotation, since you need to setup a lot of evolution lines to make consistent damage, though Keldeo GX makes the match-up against Tag Teams much better - reason I'm predicting Abandoned Power Plant will start to be used at 1-2 just to kill the damn thing.

And here I thought the coconut man would be paired with it normal form like raichu and muk. Excited about the attact dissapointed by by getting a Rowlet as a gx

Egglet GX has fantastic art while being really interesting and has me thinking about how to use it in expanded with cradily/ sky field to get some busted combos off.

I also think with net ball being exclusive for grass there's decent options to be had with Egglet. Like if you're worried about fire weakness there's a cherin you could evolve up into. However, even with Tsareena, and evolving easily with Egglet GX energy acceleration is still not great for grass. Although I do really like Egglet GX and even think it makes shedninja more viable if someone wants to go that route.

Last edited:
Back