Finished Convicted IV: Party Gone Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
I’m probably gonna realize that this is probably a stupid question in five minutes, but who came from the underworld?
Not from the /literal/ underworld. :p I meant it more like a network of crime.

Nyora

A Cat
Someone use this please.

Cloyster’s dex entry:
Slowpoke tails are its favorite food. It has even been known to come up on land to look for Slowpoke from time to time.”

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Sure, I’ll join I’ve been waiting for something like this...

Role: Aspiring Model

Pokémon:Alolan Ninetales

Background: Kuurama, the Alolan Ninetales, had always dreamt of being a model, and why not, she was cute since hatching as an Alolan Vulpix. In high school that cuteness blossomed into beauty. Now she has a part time job for a modeling company and competes in Pokémon contests along with attending college.

Her greatest secret is that she is a manga otaku and would do anything to cover it up. One day, Alolan Exeggutor caught her drawing manga in class due to his height. By the time Alolan Ninetales realized this, it was already too late. Alolan Exeggutor called and threatened to blackmail her for half of her income each month. He’d threatened that the Slowpoke Tails would expose her secret and make her the laughingstock of the school. Turns out that a long neck will help with more than just cheating on tests, it can also make a quick buck.

When she was invited to the party, she thought that she could use it as an opportunity to find out more about Alolan Exeggutor, and maybe even expose him as the cheat that he is.

Moves: Nasty Plot, Attract, Ice Beam, Toxic, Protect, Confuse Ray, Moonblast, Baby-Doll Eyes
Hope this works...

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Sure, I’ll join I’ve been waiting for something like this...

Role: Aspiring Model

Pokémon:Alolan Ninetales

Background: Kuurama, the Alolan Ninetales, had always dreamt of being a model, and why not, she was cute since hatching as an Alolan Vulpix. In high school that cuteness blossomed into beauty. Now she has a part time job for a modeling company and competes in Pokémon contests along with attending college.

Her greatest secret is that she is a manga otaku and would do anything to cover it up. One day, Alolan Exeggutor caught her drawing manga in class due to his height. By the time Alolan Ninetales realized this, it was already too late. Alolan Exeggutor called and threatened to blackmail her for half of her income each month. He’d threatened that the Slowpoke Tails would expose her secret and make her the laughingstock of the school. Turns out that a long neck will help with more than just cheating on tests, it can also make a quick buck.

When she was invited to the party, she thought that she could use it as an opportunity to find out more about Alolan Exeggutor, and maybe even expose him as the cheat that he is.

Moves: Nasty Plot, Attract, Ice Beam, Toxic, Protect, Confuse Ray, Moonblast, Baby-Doll Eyes
Hope this works...
I can do either QT or Discord but Discord is preferable.

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Role: Janitor

Pokémon: Pelipper

Background: Pete is pretty popular in the college. Everytime he triverses the campus he gets greeted by everyone. He got some sort of cult status at this stage. Then again he has been doing this for 15 Years already. Now is probably a good time to mention that he is not a student. But the Janitor. After dropping out of the same college he has been in his room a lot. Not doing much with his life after beeing bullied hard for his weird apperence. Struggling a lot with self consciousness.
He started to turn his life around again by applying for his first ever Job as a Janitor.
His hard work and dedication to the school earned him a great reputation with his supervisors and everyone else there.
Keeping the classrooms in check. Repairing broken things as soon as they appear. But also as a confidant of sorts to many students.

Pete has still been struggeling with himself. Especially since most of his familiy is not with him anymore and he has been single for ever in his life.
But the small ammounts of praises he gets at his job help him through the days.

He got approached by the Alolan Exeggutor to clean up at his place after the party. It's fairly well known that Pete doesn't have many hobbies and is always looking for some extra jobs to make an extra buck.
Exeggutor mentioned that Pete could attend the party too if he brought something with him.
Pete thought about it. Wouldn't it be weird for a middle aged man to attend a college party? But he got nothing to do this weekend, he could leave anytime any way when it get too weird AND he can make a nice trout salad. So might aswell share that "gift" at the very least

...atleast that is his official reason to attend. As someone who cares deeply for the students he started to look out for a gang called "The Slowpoke Tails" and rumor has it that Exeggutor is part of that gang. Pete is going to use the opportunity to try to find some evidence for his envolvement. He can't really believe that this guy would be part of it...
But might aswell look into it. These guys are dangerous. They need to be stopped. Pete sweared to himself that he would try to stop any bullying he can. So less people have to endure what he had to.

Moves: Peck, Wing Attack, Scald, Surf

Discord or QT (one, the other, both or neither): Discord please. mirdo#7165

(I think the grammar in this is very off. I'm sorry. My english broke. Hope everything i tried to convey is clear doe)

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
(I think the grammar in this is very off. I'm sorry. My english broke. Hope everything i tried to convey is clear doe)
Nothing to be sorry about. :p Been there. Besides, I understood everything. :D

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Role: Bitter Ex

Pokémon:
Froslass

Background:

Froslass and Alolan Exeggutor first met back in High School, and they hit it off right away. Soon enough, Alolan Exeggutor asked her out on a date, and she accepted, and they dated for a while but things simply didn't work out. Or at least, that's what Alolan Exeggutor would like you to believe.
In reality, Alolan Exeggutor asked Froslass out simply because she was one of the best students in the school, and he wanted to be sure he could cheat off of somebody in case he hadn't studied well enough. She managed to ignore this fact for a while due to her crush on Alolan Exeggutor, and slowly but surely, the two grew into something resembling a real couple. They went to dates together, he began to cheat off of her less, and eventually he grew to have feelings for her too. They were the happiest couple in the school.
Until one day, the unthinkable happened. Alolan Exeggutor suddenly broke up with Froslass out of nowhere. He said he just felt incompatible, since he was so weak to ice types such as her. But the look in his eyes said something completely different. In last period, she was called into the principal's office. It turned that one of the teachers had gotten a whiff of them cheating, and Alolan Exeggutor was given immunity if he just gave the school proof of what happened and Froslass could be punished instead. Soon after, she got a letter from the college saying that her acceptance had been withdrawn and she would need to apply again next year. Without a bit of pity, he simply sold her out and took away a year of her life while escaping completely unscathed.
Now, Froslass worked her way back up, and has done so well in college that she has been able to skip a year of school and be a part of the same graduating class as Alolan Exeggutor again. So when she saw his party, she figured it couldn't hurt to show up and cause a bit of chaos. Only right after what he's done for her.

Moves:
Powder Snow, Destiny Bond, Draining Kiss, Ice Shard, Captivate, Ominous Wind, Astonish, Blizzard

Discord or QT (one, the other, both or neither):
Both are good.

TOTAL_EPICNESS

it wouldnt let me put morse code
We're halfway through the sign-ups, @TOTAL_EPICNESS did you decide on something?
i did, just cant figure out how to write the backstory in a way that actually sounds good and gets across what im trying to say about the character and it sucks cause this always happens when i'm writing something and i dont wanna have to drop cause this looks awesome

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
i did, just cant figure out how to write the backstory in a way that actually sounds good and gets across what im trying to say about the character and it sucks cause this always happens when i'm writing something and i dont wanna have to drop cause this looks awesome
You could probably post a draft of your character profile in-thread and get some advice from other players? I'm sure they'd be able to help you out, and none of us would want to see your ideas go to waste. :<

TOTAL_EPICNESS

You could probably post a draft of your character profile in-thread and get some advice from other players? I'm sure they'd be able to help you out, and none of us would want to see your ideas go to waste. :<
I’m not really sure if I’m comfortable making it public yet. I’d love some help though if someone is willing

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
I’m not really sure if I’m comfortable making it public yet. I’d love some help though if someone is willing
Try making a bullet point list of all the things you want to include (not necessarily in sentences, even just a single word is fine). This includes story, names, single events, really everything you want to happen in no particular order, although it does help if you do it chronologically. But this is just a rough draft, it doesn't have to be.

After you do, you can refine and streamline each dot individually until you have a complete sentence out of the idea. Repeat this for as many dots as you like, and eventually you'll find you just need to connect the dots.

This is what I do for school essays or when I'm stumped, it usually helps me get going and sometimes even gives me new ideas or angles to work with. Hope this helps you as well.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
After you do, you can refine and streamline each dot individually until you have a complete sentence out of the idea. Repeat this for as many dots as you like, and eventually you'll find you just need to connect the dots.

This, as well as remembering that you can take inspiration from anything and can make big stories from simple ideas or thoughts are one of the most helpful things I keep in mind while writing anything at all, no matter what it is. I'd be more than happy to help out with any ideas you have!

TOTAL_EPICNESS

Role: Party Crashers

Pokemon: Zweilous

Background:
When Zweilous was but a Deino life was pretty great he had plenty of friends, did well in school and had his whole future planned out. however fate would not be so kind. Near the beginning of his time at high school Deino noticed something...strange at first it was just a feeling but as time went on the feeling morphed into what felt like a presence and at the end of his first year a "personality". Eventually Deino was able feel what it felt and was somewhat comforted by it. Of course he didnt tell anyone about it out of fear they'd think he was weird, cant have a reputation of being the guy who still had an imaginary friend.

At the end of his second year the personality gained the ability to communicate simple ideas and feelings. This was when Deino became concerned as it only communicated feelings of annoyance or mocking towards Deino this made him decide to finally talk to his parents who assured him it was perfectly normal. This did not comfort Deino at all. his fear was realised when he evolved, and realised his case was not normal in the slightest.

While most Zweilous heads argue over simple things such as food very few disagree on a fundamental level. While the original head (Deino) was friendly and responsible the new head (Zweilous) was rude and lazy with a rather twisted sense of humour. This proved challenging for Deino as he now had to not only deal with a completely new body being controlled by another person as well as him making him extremely clumsy he also had to deal with the trouble caused by said person. Zweilous had other effects on Deino's life such as his old friends of which he used to have many not wanting to spend time with him due to Zweilous and Deino being forced to make an active effort to prevent Zweilous from causing trouble, and at the end of high school Deino went from being a top student with many friends to an average student with very few friends which as one would assume was quite the blow to his self esteem.

Now Deino was finished high school and just starting college. A new start, one Deino was not exactly hopeful for. this worry was only amplified the moment Zweilous saw a certain Alolan Exeggutor and took an immediate dislike to him for no apparent reason stating it quite loudly to the shock of many others to which Deino responded by apologising profusely. Exeggutor laughed and claimed it was alright but as he turned to leave saw Exeggutor and a group of other pokemon glaring at Zweilous. Later that day Zweilous was approached by an obviously worried Wishiwashi who told Zweilous to meet him after school but before he could ask why the Wishiwashi ran(?) off.

That day after school Zweilous told Deino he was going to a super secret book club meeting and that he had to cover his eyes and ears. Deino being a bit too excited that Zweilous was doing something somewhat commendable for the first time in his life agreed. Zweilous found the Wishiwashi behind the building and was taken just outside campus to a small river with an even smaller waterfall which he instructed Zweilous to walk through. On the other side was a table and a group of pokemon sitting at said table with a Cloyster at the head who explained to Zweilous that the group called themselves The Cloyster Shells and that the Exeggutor that Zweilous had just insulted was a fairly high ranking member of a rival gang called The Slowpoke Tails that had been causing them a lot of trouble recently. Cloyster also told Zweilous about the party and that he wanted him to do something to Exeggutor to show that the Cloyster Shells meant business and that he would be rewarded based on how well he did that. Of course Zweilous agreed getting rewarded for something he probably would have anyways. How could he possibly turn that down? the only problem was the goody-two-shoes he shared a body with.

The night of the party Zweilous told Deino he was crashing it but didn't tell Deino about what he was planning to do. After some convincing Deino reluctantly agreed to go as long as Zweilous promised to stay out of trouble. Now with Deino convinced all that was left to do was for Zweilous to put his plan into motion.

Moves: Swagger, Substitute, Dragon Rush, scary face, Earth Power, Roar, Double Team, Thunder Wave

Sorry it took so long for me to write this out i'm not too good at writing out stories. Its like i have the idea and know exactly what i want to say but just cant put it into words and i hope i was able to hit everything required.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Sorry it took so long for me to write this out i'm not too good at writing out stories. Its like i have the idea and know exactly what i want to say but just cant put it into words and i hope i was able to hit everything required.
Nonsense, it was great! :D

And sign-ups are over! You guys have until next year to PM me anything you want about your characters. I will also be PMing the murderer shortly. Happy hunting!

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
**Obligatory gore warning** I know I said so in the Discord, but there may be readers who are not participating in the game. For those: there is gore towards the end of the chapter, but the worst thing you could possibly find besides that is alcohol use in some parts. If you're squeamish or just don't like gore in general, there is a very obvious turn-away point almost in the end so you're safe to read until then. Do NOT read past it if you know you can't. **This has been your gore warning, enjoy~**

Chapter I
The Body
“There’s someone I’d like you meet,” said Meowstic to her little sister. “He shouldn’t be hard to find.”

Karta’s older sister, Meowstic had invited her to spend the day at her college to introduce her to some of her friends. Meowstic got more than she bargained for, however, as the little Espurr found a poster about some party and insisted they go. Unable to say no her sister, Meowstic accepted.

They were in front of a door that was, quite frankly, way too high for Karta’s taste. The same could be said for the rest of the house: it towered over all nearby buildings, like a lighthouse in a storm. Its owner was no different; Alolan Exeggutor was indeed the tallest Pokémon in the entire college.

“Alright, I’m just happy I get to spend some time with you. Ever since you started college, you don’t have as much time for me anymore. And I get it, I do, but I still miss you.”

The music could be heard from the doorstep, and the windows seen vibrating from the bass. The longer she looked at it, the more Karta found the house to be comically big. It looked like a mansion, but it was just a very tall version of a regular house–nothing too fancy.

This was true for the inside, too, as the opening door revealed the already half-drunk students under a ridiculously high roof. A Pokémon with white fur welcomed them, and a shiver went down Karta’s spine as she recognized it. He wouldn’t be allowed here if it wasn’t safe for us, right?

“Welcome, welcome,” said Absol. “Drinks are over there, dancing is over here, and Alolan Exeggutor is uh…out back if you need him. Now, if you’ll excuse me.” After pointing the pair in various directions, Absol rushed back into the mass of Pokémon and disappeared. Something seemed to be bothering him, as if he had a hard choice to make.

“Come on, we can grab a drink later. Absol said he’s in the back,” Meowstic said, grabbing Karta’s hand and taking her through the crowd. As they walked, Karta saw all sorts of Pokémon, united by the power of booze. It was pretty much all she could see, really, given her height.

After zig-zagging their way to the backyard, nearly fighting a passed out Houndoom who was muttering something about a haunted house for passage, and a security check by a Glaceon, Karta and her sister finally reached Exeggutor.

“This is Alolan Exeggutor, Karta. He wants to talk to you about something important,” said the Constraint Pokémon, putting a hand on her sister’s shoulder. “Don’t be scared, Karta. Everything will be ok.”

“You did well, Meowstic,” said the Pokémon whose neck was, for Karta’s taste, frankly way too long. “Go home now. I’d tell you to enjoy the party, but I can’t risk having you and Karta here teaming up and doing something stupid. You understand.”

Karta looked up at her sister with a slightly frightened look, not understanding what was happening. When her sister turned on her heels and left without even looking at her, she realized her sister had set her up–this had never been about her in the first place. Fueled by the bitter taste of betrayal, any trace of weakness on her face vanished, giving room to a defiant, cutthroat look.

“Don’t go getting any ideas, now,” said Alolan Exeggutor with three unsettling grins. “It’s just business. Just like this. It’s all…just business.”

Karta didn’t know which disturbed her more: the fact that each head completed the other’s sentence; or the realization that she was, for the first time in her life, truly alone.

By the table with drinks and food, a dark Pokémon struggled with, well…himself.

“I TOLD you this party was a bad idea. What if we get in trouble?”

“Why are you such a party pooper? If you’d just enjoy things instead of worrying about them your entire life would be different. Our life, I guess. Besides, I told you I’d stay out of trouble, remember?”

The head on the right let out a sigh, received by an irritated look on the other head.

“Fine, fine, whatever. So what are you gonna do?”

The two-headed being reached into a bag, feeling a few rough round objects that the head on the right seemed to have no previous knowledge of.

“I’m just gonna light up a few things, Deino. A lantern here, a lantern there. It will be…to die for.”

I…think I may have overdone it this time, Pete thought, as the “Chug! Chug! Chug!” chant around him faded in the distance as he poured more and more beer into his mouth. Once the bottles were empty, he did his trick once more, just barely remembering how to do it: small droplets of alcohol came out of his body, intensifying with every flap of his wings.

“Look Kuu, this is the coolest bloody thing I've seen since all that Leavanny nonsense,” said a pink Pokémon sitting by an Alolan Ninetales. “Bruv, nothing that cool ever happens around here.”

The droplets moved to the front of Pelipper one by one, faster and faster, until they became a single sphere of floating beer. By now, everyone knew what to do, so they all opened their mouths and looked up, cheering. And just like magic, a small squirt from the sphere landed in every single mouth, not a single Pokémon having grown tired of it.

This spectacle, however, unbeknownst to the other guests, was but a facade masking another purpose. And, had they not been so consumed by Pete’s trick, they might have noticed the fire burning in his eyes as he saw a small Pokémon leave the party with teary eyes.

In a small room past the dance floor, a few Pokémon were sitting idly, drinking their sorrows away. Curiously enough, none of them had planned to do so, fate had them all wind up in the same place for the same reason: Alolan Exeggutor.

“I was the best, you know? And then, then…how dare he undeservingly take my place?” said one of the Pokémon, Kadabra.

“He screw you over too?” asked Froslass bitterly. “We dated a while back. I thought what we had was real…what wouldn’t I have done for the guy. But because he messed up one day, he chose to let me carry the burden. What a jerk. If someone cut off that high head of his, they’d be doing the world a favour.”

“Not just your world, you know. He’s destroyed other worlds too. Mine, for example,” added a little Elgyem. “Name’s Ejy, nice to meet you.”

And as the three souls realized they were fueled by the same rage, a small, undetectable grin appeared across each of their faces. Maybe it was the alcohol, maybe not, words were not needed. They all understood what the others were thinking.

As the hours went by, so did the guests, until only ten remained, plus Alolan Exeggutor. He joined the partying inside after his ‘talk’ with Karta, but no one there was really interested in having a good time with him as they all had their personal agendas.

“I’m going to my room, Candice,” he said to Glaceon. “Wake me up if anything happens, but I’d really rather have you deal with anything that comes up. Thanks for everything.”

“No problem boss, you got it,” she replied, but her stone-cold eyes suggested otherwise. This look was lost in Alolan Exeggutor though, as he was too tall to actually read her facial expression. “Rest well.”

With these words, she sighed with relief as she was finally free to do as she pleased now that her boss was gone. If only it was always like this, she thought, before heading into the party.

A few hours later, a high-pitched scream was heard from the second floor–the floor where Alolan Exeggutor’s room was. The effect was almost instantaneous: a few Pokémon rushed upstairs, followed by those who stayed when the former did not immediately come back.

“What is it, Kuu?” asked a concerned Aromatisse. “What in the–”

The trail of blood he saw on the floor stopped him and the group after him cold. He followed it with his eyes, eventually landing on Alolan Ninetales staring into a room. Being careful not to step into it, he tiptoed around it. For such a tall building, the hallways were rather narrow. When he and the guests reached the room, they couldn’t believe their eyes: the scene they saw would be forever etched into their memories.

It was Alolan Exeguttor’s room, and most things seemed to be in their respective place. It was very tall with scarlet walls, a few bookshelves on the left side and a desk on the right side. It was only when they saw the dark, diagonal streaks of red on the furniture that they realized the red in the walls wasn’t red at all–it was blood. His blood.

The broken body of the being once known as Alolan Exeggutor lay on the floor, still spitting blood from a thousand gaping holes. The neck, once frankly way too long for a certain guest’s taste, was bent at various disturbing angles, the leaves on top torn to pieces and all three heads missing. The immediate reaction to this detail was horror, but most of them quickly changed their minds as they realized that meant they wouldn’t have to stare at his hollow expression.

“Well, f*** me,” was all Candice managed to say when she realized what happened. Quickly getting ahold of herself, she spoke up.

“You were the first one here, right?” she asked Kuurama the Alolan Ninetales.

She nodded.

“Well, what the hell happened?”

Accused: Kuurama @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
Dead: Alolan Exeggutor

You now have 3 days to PM about character stuff. Nick, you know what to do. Happy hunting.

Last edited:

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
There will be gore in just about every single chapter from now on, but I won't always include a turning point as clearly as I have until now. Read at your own risk.

Chapter 2
The Coat

How could his instinct have failed him like this? There had been no warning whatsoever. No shivers, no visions, not the slightest itch in the back of his mind. Perhaps it was because the event itself wasn’t worthy of the ‘disaster’ label, but even after all these years he still didn’t know exactly how his abilities worked.

Glaceon’s voice brought him back to reality.

“So…do you care to explain yourself?”

She’s…so cold about all of this. Weren’t they close? Certainly seemed so, what with her following him around everywhere. Then again, that is kinda her job description. But still…she’s taking a bit too well. Better to lay low and keep my wits about me. Wouldn’t wanna risk everyone turning on me.

“Well? We don’t have all day, Kuurama.”

The Alolan Pokémon wasn’t too sure of how to react, as she had been too busy scanning everyone’s reactions to adjust her own. But this Glaceon is hard to read, I need a little bit more time.

Trying to buy herself some time without looking suspicious, she looked deep into Candice’s eyes, hoping her hail Mary would work. Slowly but surely, she saw Candice’s eyes melt from stone-cold and calculating to hopeful and full of lust. A small smile from the corner of her mouth was even starting to form a little bit. Kuurama couldn’t help but let out an almost imperceptible simper.

“I remembered how odd Exeggutor and Absol were acting earlier after Karta showed up, so I came up to ask what Absol had said and see if Exeggutor was alright. What I found, however, was a dead tree instead of a sleeping one.”

Of course she involved me. Goddammit.

“Sorry to interrupt your little moment,” Absol said, “but I mean, Kuurama seems smart enough. We’re presumably dealing with an actual murderer here, so unless she can offer up examples of how I was acting weird, there’s not much to explain. I just greeted people and even told them where to find Exeggutor. Why would I do that if I wanted to get him alone and kill him?”

“Well, I reckon that’s cuz ya didn’t’ve the bollocks to do it yerself, and ya were hoping someone else would,” said a voice coming from a small pink fellow.

“What? That’s ridiculous. And even if I did do that, wouldn’t that just mean I did NOT kill this sorry excuse for a Pokémon?”

“I really don’t see what the big deal is about,” said Zweilous. “Dude was probably an asshole.”

“You barely even saw him, how can you hate him already?” asked Zweilous.

“He looked like an asshole,” replied Zweilous.

You look like an asshole, and that’s not even a reason to hate someone,” argued Zweilous, trying to reason with Zweilous.

“This isn’t even our business anyway,” pitched Zweilous. “I say we leave the body here, get the hell out and let the police do their job.”

Now this was a proposition most of the guests could get behind. Seeing the undistinguishable mumbling and head nods among them, Candice remembered she had to keep the situation under control. Chaos would do no one good.

“And let you get away with it?” exclaimed a disgruntled Candice. “I think not.”

“Ok, listen,” started Zweilous before he lost momentum, “if you’re so scared you’re gonna get caught, this wood looks pretty good and durable. We could get rid of the body by making a luxurious furniture line out of it. That way, you walk away and we get rich. Who’s in?”

To Candice’s surprise, a few Pokémon thought it was actually a good idea, evidenced by their expression of approval in a show of hands.

Before anyone could get to further butchering the body, though, a set of small explosions shook the house, confusing them all except for a certain two-headed Pokémon.

“Is everyone ok?” asked Pete, looking around for any wounded as the cloud of smoke disappeared. Besides a few coughs, no one seemed to have sustained any serious injuries.

Except for one Pokémon, who was petrified in place. It was Absol, and if his face was any indication, one would have thought that he had seen the end of times itself.

“What’s wrong with him?” asked little Ejy.

“He’s an Absol,” explained Kadabra. “He probably just had a vision of something terrible somewhere in the world. It’s a heavy burden to witness every horrible thing to ever happen in history, but it is one they carry with pride.”

“Let’s just hope it has nothing to do with those explosions,” said Froslass. “It was…an awfully convenient timing.”

“Well, better check that out before we do anything else. You’re free to come with me or stay here with the dead body. It really makes no difference to me.”

Candice sounded like she knew what she was doing and although a few Pokémon could have used that, upon seeing that the general reaction was neutral, they decided it was better to let Glaceon go it alone.

It was at this moment that Kadabra noticed Karta, and that she hadn’t said a word or moved much since they came into the room.

“You should probably leave before this gets any uglier, kid,” suggested Kadabra. “Do you have someone to pick you up? Maybe a parent? A sibling?”

At the mention of the word ‘sibling’, Karta’s stern face vanished.

“I…I won’t answer that.”

“What’s she gonna say? Take me home, someone died?” mocked Zweilous.

“Dude, that’s straight up just mean. I apologize for my second head, he can be quite touchless.”

Knowing what had happened, Kuurama shyly added: “Her sister abandoned her. I…I saw it.”

With these words, Karta realized she couldn’t run from it anymore. The words had been said. And if the words had been said, then it was true. It was all true. Unable to hold her emotions anymore, she started sobbing.

“She’s…she’s GONE!” she lamented. All present found the situation quite awkward, but tried to comfort her best they could. Except for…a certain two-headed Pokémon.

“Jeez, just knock her out or something. I can’t stand the crying.”

Dude. Her friggin’ sister just left her, have some class. We’re not assaulting a child because she inconveniences you. Apologize.”

“Are you taking the piss bruv? She’s just a child. She needs us right now. C’mon brain boi, let’s get’er to Candice. Probably better off with her than with these guys.”

“Anything to get away from this lot,” agreed Kadabra, and then both Karta and himself followed Aromatisse out of the room. Kuurama followed them almost immediately after.

It was at this moment that Absol unfroze.

“It’s the beginning of the end,” he said. “We’re screwed. We are so screwed.”

By the time Aromatisse and the others caught up to Candice, she was in the basement, cursing at a machine she was trying to fix.

“What are you doing, Glaceon?” inquired Kadabra.

“The name’s Candice, and I’m trying to get this thing back online,” she said, patting a monitor.

“What happens if you don’t?”

“Well, whoever blew this up knew what they were doing. This monitor controls the house’s security system, and it’s programmed to lock us down if we fail to submit a ping signal. If the monitor is destroyed, I can’t send the signal. And if I don’t send the signal, well…it probably won’t be pretty.”

“Woah, what a buzzkill. I was just startin’ to feel comfortable in here again.”

“I have to agree with Aromatisse here. That is not good. Anyhow, we thought we should leave Karta here with you. Can’t be worse than leaving her with team furniture over there.”

“I look like a nanny to you? You can’t just ditch the kid here and expect me to–”

“C’mon Candy, she has no one, nowhere to go to. It’s just for now anyway.”

Candice looked Karta up and down. The little Espurr seemed pretty sad…

“I can stay with her too if you like,” suggested Kuurama. “You won’t even have to watch her.”

“No, no–just leave her here,” she said, letting out a defeated sigh. “But if she breaks anything, she’s out.”

In Alolan Exeggutor’s room, Ejy was examining the body–they had been too far from Absol to hear his doomsday muttering.

The blood had mostly dried at this point so there was not much to see anymore, but it was revealing enough to show roughly where the wounds were. They weren’t placed like a usual stabbing (all or most in one area of the body)–but all over, in almost every possible angle.

The legs were basically intact, as was the tail. The small head on the tail was also missing, though.

The neck was bloody, but it hadn’t snapped. It was just…bent, retaining the shape it had been given, just like clay. Probably just rigor mortis, Ejy thought. But how it had been bent in the first place remained a mystery.

There was nothing to see at head level (as the heads weren’t there), but the empty places where they had once been.

The body itself was a few steps away from the bed, but there was no blood trail.

There was blood all around the room, almost as if someone had filled a giant balloon with blood and then popped it.

Satisfied with this information, Ejy went back to the corner where Pete, Froslass, Zweilous and Absol were.

“What do you mean, we’re screwed?” asked a concerned Pete.

“Yeah dude, what the hell. You can’t just drop a bomb like that when you have disaster powers, bro. Not cool.”

“For once I agree with my other,” said Zweilous. “It’s…kinda stressful when someone who just saw the future says we’re screwed.”

“Wait, what?” said Ejy, joining the conversation.

“Yup, Absol just condemned us, Ejy,” explained Froslass.

As they were all waiting on an explanation, Absol ignored them and walked out of the room with a blank expression on his face. Ejy decided to follow him.

They followed Absol close enough to see where he was going, but not quite enough that they could hear what he was saying. They just knew he was mumbling something. Eventually, Absol went back to the living room, and threw himself on the couch.

Once he fell asleep, Ejy came out of their hiding, and only now dared to get closer.

“…what good…are walls…without…”

Before the Elgyem could hear the rest of the sentence, a loud mechanical noise started all around the house, followed by the harsh clank of steel descending from the roof to the ground, coating the house in an impenetrable shell.

“Well…that could have gone better,” said a tired Candice. “C’mon kid, I’ll show you my room. You must be tired by now too.”

Candice’s room was upstairs, past Exeggutor’s. They were never together or anything of the sort, but they both agreed it would be mutually beneficial if she lived in the same place he did.

It was about as big as her boss’ room, with enough space to fit two beds. It had a single lamp in the corner, and a desk with a few pictures on it.

“Alright, I’ll close the window so you aren’t cold, and I’ll set up another bed. You sleep tight. We’ll figure this out tomorrow.”

The next morning, everyone sleeping in the living room (which was everyone other than Candice and Karta) had a surprise.

There was a trail of blood from the couch Absol was sleeping on to the room where Froslass, Ejy and Kadabra drank together on the night of the party. In the room, the first thing they saw, written in blood on the golden wall: “Let the games begin,” with something resembling a black knife in a half moon shape next to it, almost like a scythe’s blade.

Blood was still dripping from the letters, and they did not understand it immediately, but it was all made clear when the last one to enter closed the door behind them. Absol’s torn, bloody fur was hanging on the door, almost like a sinister coat put away after the rain. The whole body was missing, but if the fur was any indication, there wouldn’t have been much of a body left anyway. Which was…strange, since other than the trail of blood that led them there and the writing on the wall itself, there were no traces of blood to be seen.

“Of course this would happen,” said Kadabra. “I don’t know what I expected after the whole system failed and locked us down.”

Only now did the group realize that it was unusually dark for the time the clock said.

“What do you mean, lockdown?” asked Ejy. “We’re trapped here? How do you know?”

“Wait, did you do this?” asked Pete. Seeing as everyone’s faces turned to him, Kadabra was forced to give some sort of explanation.

Accused: Kadabra
Dead: Absol

Feel free to send me your stuff by Discord instead of PM if you want, just because I say PM doesn't mean I only mean PM. :L
Anyhow, experimenting with a longer chapter now, as well as not tagging anyone to keep the suspense. ;o

Last edited:

Turtwig

Retired retired Mod. Jovimohnaeliackvid.
A Turtwig special. Wait, Turtwig posted this one? What is this, a crossover episode?

Chapter 3
The Puddle

Kadabra scoffed at the accusation. “How can you be so clueless...obviously we're on lockdown. You didn't hear the sound of metal locking us in? That'd be the lockdown system Candice was talking about earlier. Some buffoon destroyed the computer that sends signals in order to keep the house from going into lockdown.”

Silence. A quick glance around the room told Kadabra his explanation went over their heads, so he let out a sigh and got to the point. “I don't know who decided to come up with that system in the first place but apparently that's what we're dealing with. Just ask Candice herself, she's the one who told me about this in the first place."

Just then, the creak of a step on the staircase revealed Candice the Glaceon near its base. She noticed the turn of everyone’s heads and slowly finished her descent to the floor one paw at a time. “I told you that someone damaged the system, so don’t go throwing my name around to defend yourself.”

The two mentally butted heads with piercing glares. Glaceon bent down, threatening to pounce, and Kadabra bared his spoon in angst. No one dared speak for an intense few seconds--the murderer could’ve cut the tension in the air with a knife.

“And I thought I had a Scary Face,” Zweilous cracked.

“No, we’re not doing this. We need to talk,” Deino said in protest. “Bathroom. Now.

Zweilous walked out of the group discussion, one head furious with rage and the other hung in shame, and went into the bathroom. The lock clicked as a couple Pokemon turned their heads.

“Ahem...so is anyone going to call the police, or….?” Froslass asked. No one moved, so she floated higher in the room to get on her paranormal soap box. “There have been two murders in the past 24 hours. One was my ex-boyfriend, and the other was some annoying premonition-seeing wolf, and I’d rather the next not be the pretty, innocent girl.”

“Aren’t ya already a ghos-” Aromatisse said.

“Are you threatening me?” Kuurama interjected with the snap of a tail. “I have nothing against Exeggutor or the edgy guy, but it sure sounds like you have some mixed feelings, Froslass.”

“Are you saying ‘edgy’ or Ejy?” Elgyem asked with a hand to their forehead.

“I was actually referring to myself with the ‘pretty girl’ part but hey, what a classic--blame the ex. That solves everything, doesn’t it?” Froslass spat.

“Well in this case, it kind of would,” said a defensive Kuurama.

“Listen,” Candice said. “Whoever damaged that control system and sent us into lockdown also cut any phone access we have with the outside world. So we’re stuck here, locked up, until we figure this out or die. I don’t know about you guys, but I’d rather focus on getting out of here alive.”

The stairs creaked once more as Karta arrived to the living room. She looked at the bloody fur and the handwriting on the walls. Her sister had left her at a gangster’s headquarters for recruitment, but had she known about the plot for serial murder? This was too much.

“And where were you?” Aromatisse asked.

“She was with me. Upstairs,” Glaceon said.

“So how do we get to the bottom of this?” asked Pete. “I’m not letting any more students die like this again.”

Glaceon smiled. “Finally, a voice of reason. I’m glad you asked.”

“‘Let the games begin’,” Deino recalled. “What kind of sick joke is that? Do you know what’s going on here, Zweilous? I thought we were just crashing the party.”

“We are. I don’t know anything about these deaths.”

“Then why are we here? There were multiple parties happening last night, so why this one?”

Zweilous sighed. “I kind of took on a job,” he said.

“A job? What, are you the murderer, Zwei? Are you some hitman?”

“Just shut it, bro. There’s no point in telling you anything if you’re just going to accuse me from the get-go,” Zweilous said.

Deino thought hard about his other head, a whole other brain that seemed to create more harm for him than good. “Fine, I’m listening.”

“We’re going to write on paper our own versions of what’s going on? That’s your plan?” Kadabra scoffed.

If you would let me do this my way, Candice thought, maybe we could all get out of here alive.
She nodded after pulling a pad from a nearby drawer. “We need to keep a record of the results so we don’t skew things in advance. We need to document what happened right here, right now. Now please, grab a pen.”

The Pelipper looked at his wing and frowned. “I can’t really do that.”

“That’s ok, Pete, why don’t you go ahead and clean up the blood dripping from Absol’s fur,” Ejy said. “We’ll do the writing for you.”

Pete grinned and began spraying water on the blood puddle. He looked over to Glaceon, who was collecting the others’ written statements, and noticed she hadn’t done one of her own.

“Aren’t you going to write one, Candice?” he asked.

“Yeah, Candice, why aren’t you writing something down?” Kadabra seconded.

She froze. “Well I can write mine at any time, I’m just collecting them all to go over later.”

Pete continued to eye her as the group of six writers--which had excluded Pelipper, Zweilous ( still in the bathroom) and Glaceon--finished their work and submitted their drafts.

“I’m fixin’ to make lunch,” Aromatisse said. “If you want some, follow me.”

Froslass, Kadabra, and Pete slowly followed the Fragrance Pokemon into the kitchen, where they found him already starting to make his favorite poffins.

Candice, Karta, Ejy, and Kuurama remained in the living room crime scene. The latter three looked at the Glaceon for instructions.

“Ok, so I didn’t want Kadabra to know this since he analyzes things too much, but I’m going to trust you two--and I guess you, Kuurama--to keep this quiet. I’m looking at these pages to match the handwriting with that on the wall, got it? If we find a match, we find our killer.”

Kuurama’s eyes narrowed. “Sneaky. A trick like that could work on someone unsuspecting, huh?”

Especially since you never wrote anything down, she thought.

Candice, Ejy, and Kuurama began looking through the writing and comparing it with the wall’s bloody letters. Karta, meanwhile, gazed deeply into the paper she was reading and lost all focus.

Candice is part of the same syndicate that took my sister from me. All of them are connected somehow. When this is all over, are we ever going to live a normal, boring life that we can enjoy? Is this just going to continue to haunt us? And it’s all that Alolan Exeggutor’s fault.

Farther away, the bathroom door opened and Zweilous stepped out. The two heads sniffed the air for a second before thumping their way to the sweet aroma that came from the kitchen.

“And then you flip ‘em over on their backs to prevent the bottom from burnin’,” Aromatisse explained. “Now these’re just regular poffins. I didn’t put anything in ‘em. Those over there tho,” he said, indicating with his nose to the fresh-made poffins on his left, “are laced with eeny meeny, which makes you happy for a little while. After a day like this, I need ‘em. Those’re mine.”

Froslass and Kadabra glanced at one another. “And you eat them how often?”

“That’s none of yer business, now is it?”

As Aromatisse cooked, Pelipper swept the floors with his large wings. “This place sure is dirty.”

Froslass floated over to the table and thumped her elbows down before collapsing her hands on her face. “Exeggutor’s actually gone. I came here to make him feel guilty or angry or...I don’t know, something.” She shakily exhaled. “I just wanted a reaction.”

Kadabra put a hand to his head. The needless conversation, he thought.

“Oh, you got one,” Aromatisse sassed. “Yer a messy bird.” He left momentarily to run to the bathroom after hearing the door open.

Kadabra grimaced. That wasn’t important to what was happening.

“Yes, but I didn’t want him to die. I just wanted to blow off some steam in his face, you know?”

“ENOUGH,” Kadabra shouted. “Listen up, this is what we’re going to do. We’re not going to write essays on how someone died, we’re going to figure it out. Right here, right now.”

“And how do we do that?” Pete asked.

“We look at the facts: our character bios.”

“What?”

“We can find easy motives in why we’re here. For example: Froslass, you have a reason to kill Exeggutor--he’s an ex-boyfriend that left you in the dust.

“Are you seriously accusing me right now?” Froslass scowled.

“Let me finish. We have some serious gang activity in this building. A Fairy Dust Dealer? A secretive spy? Are we going to trust someone like them? And what about Dark-type Pokemon?” Kadabra asked. “We have to cover all of our bases.”

“Just because we’re a dark type,” Zweilous said as he walked in,“doesn’t mean we’re actually evil. You do know that Sneasel slasher film was fake, right?”

Kadabra frowned. “Of course I do. No Sneasel could have transformed from a Gligar and started committing mass crimes.”

“I’m pretty sure that did happen, though,” Froslass said.

“The point is, anyone could be a killer in this game,” the Deino head explained. “Even Pete.”

“But I’m not--” Pete said.

“We shouldn’t get complacent and make assumptions that could kill more innocent people,” Deino concluded.

“I’m going to check on the others,” a damaged Pete said.

“So then how should we be trying to look at this?” Kadabra asked. “If we can’t go by who’s a delinquent and who’s a nerd, what basis do we really have?”

“There’s just no match,” Candice said with a grunt. “I guess the murderer outsmarted us with the handwriting after all.”

Karta put a hand on Candice’s shoulder. “It was a good idea. It may not have given us an answer, but it lets us know the murderer is crafty--and there can’t be too many people that could think so far ahead.”

Candice tilted her head in interest. “That at least gives us a lead.”

Ejy, now left with nothing to do, slowly followed a bored Kuurama up the stairs. Mopping from the hallway, a rejected Pelipper noticed the motion and began to stalk them from a distance.

“But in that case,” Karta continued, “we can’t really judge anyone too quickly. And we’re all so different, yet so connected.”

Ejy prowled around the room of the deceased Alolan Exeggutor. The bent neck and limp body were still sprawled on the floor, so Ejy simply hovered over the corpse and examined the room’s belongings. They looked at shelves of weird novelty items and bags of unknown contents.

An opened bag, named Draco, was left on the table. It had an interesting purple dust inside that seemed to be almost calling Ejy. The Elgyem opened the bag and found their lights glowing and beeping. They touched some of the dust and memories of their crumbling world, the destruction of their home, the sudden meteors--they came flooding into Ejy’s mind. The bag fell the floor and Ejy fell onto Alolan Exeggutor’s corpse. Who was he? What connection did he have with Ejy’s family?

“And why has no one actually capitalized on the amazing quality of this wood?” Ejy, atop the large body, whispered in pain. “It would make a great shelf.”

Pete peeked in the doorway and found Kuurama drawing inside a small sketchbook. Interested in the model’s passion--and in wonder of how someone could find the focus to draw in the middle of a murder spree--he came closer and saw beautifully-crafted manga art of an Arcanine inside.

Kuurama felt a disturbance in the air and saw the Pelipper spying on her. “What are you doing here?”

“I love your art, it’s really pretty.”

“Leave.”

“But I was just--”

Kuurama slammed the notebook shut, hid it in the fur of her many tails, and ran past Pete and his terrible social cues.

“I can’t have idiots like you threatening me, too.”

Aromatisse brought a plate of warm, fresh poffins to the table. He grabbed a pinch of cinnamon, sprinkled it along the steamed buns and then quickly ran off to the bathroom before eating.

Froslass looked over at the buns, which were separated into two piles: those with and without the Fairy Dust. Hesitantly, she took one from the Fairy Dust pile and inspected it, turning it over in her hands. She thought hard about the decision, but ultimately plopped one into her mouth.

Zweilous and Kadabra each grabbed a poffin as Aromatisse came back to scarf down his eeny meenies. Once Kuurama entered the kitchen and saw them eating, it was announced for everyone to indulge in Aromatisse’s poffins. The nine remaining Pokémon trapped in the building took a lunch break from solving the murder mystery. Somewhere in the mix of paws and hands, the two piles were merged together, but no one seemed to mind. Everyone was just enjoying the poffins.

...Until a loud sound disrupted their pleasant meal. A harsh gurgle similar to a clogged toilet escaped from Pete’s mouth; his throat had swollen shut and stopped his breathing. His face turned purple and his wings flittered uncontrollably, knocking over Karta and smacking into Kuurama. Everyone ran back in terror, afraid to be next, as white bubbles leaked out Pelipper’s beak like the sea foam on a gentle wave.

Pelipper watched through his hollow, empty eyes as the crowd stood, helpless, until he died in place, creating a huge mix of spit and vomit on the kitchen floor. In the end, the janitor only made a bigger mess.

“Aromatisse,” Candice eventually said, “you have a lot of explaining to do.”

Accused: Aromatisse
Dead: Pete the Pelipper

Vom, thank you so much for letting me post a chapter again! Good times, good times. Everyone, please feel free to send your next info to Vom through either PM or Discord. It was great getting a chance to write for Convicted again, even if I cringed really, really hard reading my old stuff. Thanks for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.