Full Metal Wall in February

ShinyZard

Aspiring Trainer
Pheromosa & Buzzwole GX is sick as it can take 6 prizes in one turn against another EX or GX with Beast Bringer attached. The combo isn't that hard to pull off with beast ring in the format. Super sick attack. I'm not surprised if TPCi ban some of the Ultra Beast support cards as a result of this new Tag Team GX.

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Kartana + Counter Catcher/Combo Catcher + GRI Victini + Koga = OHKO anything!

It sounds convoluted, but the possibility of picking up 3 Prizes from a Tag Team GX our if almost nowhere is appealing.

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
I actually think Kartana could be a really good tech inclusion in Buzzwole Shrine decks, since that deck already plays all the multipliers to help it hit good numbers on the first attack (Beast Energy, CB, Shrine), but more importantly, I've always wanted a good pivot for that deck, so Kartana could serve that purpose as well

gema5

Aspiring Trainer
For me, kartana is a nerfed buzzbaby. Fewer HP, fewer base dmg, more situational attack effect, and it's second attack is more situational. BUT... It pairs very well with him! Buzzbaby can hold early game, while kartana can 1shot big GXs with shrine. Not mentioning that they both hit the majority of tag team GXs for weakness and score OHKO with CB equipped.

About hypno, well... He's going to be a PAIN, just sitting down there in your bench and, if you hit 2 or 3 heads throughout the game, your opponent is going to have a very bad time trying to manage his guzmas and retreats. Too good to pass up.

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
“If all of them are tails, you lose the game.” - You have been punished for your greed, partner!

TatsuyaOrimuta

Aspiring Trainer
okay slowbro is epiccc, i guess fliptini can help it and ummm i guess aqua patch and dce can power it up in 1 turn, potentially 300 damage is cool but also a potential game loss so yeah

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
Kartana seems like a neat one-off in some decks and also i guess false swipe can pair with the buzz+phero tag team GX move

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
That Slowbro is quite a nice joke card. You have a 12.5% chance to do 300 damage, 37.5% chance to do 200, 37.5% to do 100 and 12.5% to lose the game. If used with Victini, you can reduce the chance of losing the game down to 1.6%. Doing 100 is pretty good on a one prize attacker for 3 energy, but since you have a 50% chance of doing 200 or more, Slowbro can actually be quite excellent.

Hitmontop could also be pretty good, depending on what Hitmonlee is like, since doing 60 damage to every Pokemon on your opponent's field is pretty nice.

jinjitsu

Aspiring Trainer
So the combo is: use Hitmonchan 30 and retreat then hitmonlee do 90 to any pokemon and then hitmontop for 60 to each pokemon?
Sounds... long and difficult. Probably a bad but fun rogue deck.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
No reason for a card like that Slowbro to exist in a legal product. That card should be in a joke based set that isnt tournament legal.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Slowbro - cool gimmicky card. Victini can help because the chance of getting 3 tails is low. Minimum of 1 Heads is 100+30 and KO Blaceph and any fire GXs in its range. Not a nuts card, and don't expect this thing rock tournaments. Bit expensive tho. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Hitmontop - 3-turn setup, no. It's so clunky and having very annoying RC of 1 sucks. So how do we attach 1 F to one of them and Escape Board them at the same time, whether you barely need Choice Band and can retreat once per turn? 2-3 Geodudes

SeventhPrize

Pokemon Player
Slowbro's Brilliant Wager has a 1/64 (1.56%) chance of flipping 6 tails in a row and losing the game, assuming a Fliptini is in on the Bench.

If you choose to reflip Brilliant Wager coin flips with Fliptini each time you only flip 0 or 1 heads, you have a 75% chance of hitting 2 or 3 heads for 200/300 damage (First round of flips has a 50% chance of yielding 2/3 heads; if it fails, then the second round of flips has another 50% chance of 2/3 heads).

If you do opt for this method of reflipping each time your first round of flips yields 1 or 2 heads, you'll have an expected damage output of 187.5 damage per Brilliant Wager attack, with a 1/16 (6.25%) chance of ending the second round of flips with 0 heads.

187.5 damage for [W][C][C] with a 1/16 chance of loss sounds on a non-GX sounds decently strong, but the 1/16 loss chance in a game where you're attacking 6 times means you have a 32.11% (1-(15/16)^6) chance of losing on flips.​

Last edited: