Full Metal Wall in February

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

Yeah, that was pretty busted in that format.

2. ShinyZard Aspiring Trainer
    ShinyZard

Pheromosa & Buzzwole GX is sick as it can take 6 prizes in one turn against another EX or GX with Beast Bringer attached. The combo isn't that hard to pull off with beast ring in the format. Super sick attack. I'm not surprised if TPCi ban some of the Ultra Beast support cards as a result of this new Tag Team GX.

3. Patrick Sweany Aspiring Trainer
    Patrick Sweany

Karana is going to be great whenever the prerelease events for Unbroken Bond start

4. Merovingian Expanded Extraordinaire
    Merovingian

Articles Head Member

Kartana + Counter Catcher/Combo Catcher + GRI Victini + Koga = OHKO anything!

It sounds convoluted, but the possibility of picking up 3 Prizes from a Tag Team GX our if almost nowhere is appealing.

5. Timmony_tcg Aspiring Trainer
    Timmony_tcg

I actually think Kartana could be a really good tech inclusion in Buzzwole Shrine decks, since that deck already plays all the multipliers to help it hit good numbers on the first attack (Beast Energy, CB, Shrine), but more importantly, I've always wanted a good pivot for that deck, so Kartana could serve that purpose as well

6. gema5 Aspiring Trainer
    gema5

For me, kartana is a nerfed buzzbaby. Fewer HP, fewer base dmg, more situational attack effect, and it's second attack is more situational. BUT... It pairs very well with him! Buzzbaby can hold early game, while kartana can 1shot big GXs with shrine. Not mentioning that they both hit the majority of tag team GXs for weakness and score OHKO with CB equipped.

About hypno, well... He's going to be a PAIN, just sitting down there in your bench and, if you hit 2 or 3 heads throughout the game, your opponent is going to have a very bad time trying to manage his guzmas and retreats. Too good to pass up.

7. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

8. Toni Kensa Happy New Year! May all your boosters bring GXs!
    Toni Kensa

“If all of them are tails, you lose the game.” - You have been punished for your greed, partner!

9. Andika Aspiring Trainer
    Andika

Memes Stuff Boyz

Lord Goomy and Wechselbalg like this.
  10. TatsuyaOrimuta Aspiring Trainer
    TatsuyaOrimuta

okay slowbro is epiccc, i guess fliptini can help it and ummm i guess aqua patch and dce can power it up in 1 turn, potentially 300 damage is cool but also a potential game loss so yeah

Lord Goomy likes this.
  11. CynderDarkov Aspiring Trainer
    CynderDarkov

Advanced Member Member

WTF is that Slowbro and why do I want to make a deck with it so badly???

12. Pipotchi Aspiring Trainer
    Pipotchi

Kartana seems like a neat one-off in some decks and also i guess false swipe can pair with the buzz+phero tag team GX move

13. Rcxd9999 Aspiring Trainer
    Rcxd9999

That Slowbro is quite a nice joke card. You have a 12.5% chance to do 300 damage, 37.5% chance to do 200, 37.5% to do 100 and 12.5% to lose the game. If used with Victini, you can reduce the chance of losing the game down to 1.6%. Doing 100 is pretty good on a one prize attacker for 3 energy, but since you have a 50% chance of doing 200 or more, Slowbro can actually be quite excellent.

Hitmontop could also be pretty good, depending on what Hitmonlee is like, since doing 60 damage to every Pokemon on your opponent's field is pretty nice.

bbb888 and Heviin like this.
  14. Mariano11887 Goalkeeper
    Mariano11887

Epic. Worst punish ever!

ICEdaddy, bbb888 and Lord Goomy like this.
  15. jinjitsu Aspiring Trainer
    jinjitsu

So the combo is: use Hitmonchan 30 and retreat then hitmonlee do 90 to any pokemon and then hitmontop for 60 to each pokemon?
    Sounds... long and difficult. Probably a bad but fun rogue deck.

16. crystal_pidgeot Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
    crystal_pidgeot

No reason for a card like that Slowbro to exist in a legal product. That card should be in a joke based set that isnt tournament legal.

17. DarkMatterGaming "Wait, he's not dead?"
    DarkMatterGaming

SLOWBRO IS HILARIOUS AND I LOVE HIM

18. OppositeAttract Aspiring Trainer
    OppositeAttract

Slowbro is the definition of high greed. Love it, easily can be teched into quagsire as well.

Lord Goomy likes this.
  19. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

• Slowbro - cool gimmicky card. Victini can help because the chance of getting 3 tails is low. Minimum of 1 Heads is 100+30 and KO Blaceph and any fire GXs in its range. Not a nuts card, and don't expect this thing rock tournaments. Bit expensive tho. 3-4 Geodudes
    • Hitmontop - 3-turn setup, no. It's so clunky and having very annoying RC of 1 sucks. So how do we attach 1 F to one of them and Escape Board them at the same time, whether you barely need Choice Band and can retreat once per turn? 2-3 Geodudes

20. Nyora Ticked Off ^^
    Nyora

I love the combo moves with the hitmon pokemon, they seem pretty interesting to use.

Alex Sableye likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?