Full Metal Wall in February

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jan 12, 2019.

1. SeventhPrize Pokemon Player
    SeventhPrize

Slowbro's Brilliant Wager has a 1/64 (1.56%) chance of flipping 6 tails in a row and losing the game, assuming a Fliptini is in on the Bench.

If you choose to reflip Brilliant Wager coin flips with Fliptini each time you only flip 0 or 1 heads, you have a 75% chance of hitting 2 or 3 heads for 200/300 damage (First round of flips has a 50% chance of yielding 2/3 heads; if it fails, then the second round of flips has another 50% chance of 2/3 heads).

If you do opt for this method of reflipping each time your first round of flips yields 1 or 2 heads, you'll have an expected damage output of 187.5 damage per Brilliant Wager attack, with a 1/16 (6.25%) chance of ending the second round of flips with 0 heads.

187.5 damage for [W][C][C] with a 1/16 chance of loss sounds on a non-GX sounds decently strong, but the 1/16 loss chance in a game where you're attacking 6 times means you have a 32.11% (1-(15/16)^6) chance of losing on flips.​

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019

2. TheRealBro.. Venusaur used FlowerPower; his chillness rose 300%
    TheRealBro..

Look at that Slowbro art, simple and therefore very effective. This is the real Bro!

3. SubApathy Team Rocket
    SubApathy

I honestly laughed out loud! That's some good stuff. Victory Star Victini is Slowbros friend...

Toni Kensa likes this.
  4. EpicShonenGuy Aspiring Trainer
    EpicShonenGuy

I am so unlucky that i can see myself using Slowbro's attack with fliptini in play and still flip 3 tails two times lmfao.

bbb888 likes this.
  5. Lanstar The Funny Fairy Bug
    Lanstar

...And in expanded, you can tech a Slowbro from Breakpoint, so that in case you have 1 prize left, you don't have to risk losing the game - and actually use an attack that guarantees that you'd win the game! :p

[​IMG]

ICEdaddy, gema5, Xenth and 5 others like this.
  6. Luplayz The Master of bad Pokemon
    Luplayz

If you are talking about Victory Star Victini that is also in standard. just with different attacks

7. RisingRaichuu Aspiring Trainer
    RisingRaichuu

Advanced Member Member

Slowbro is not that bad. With Victini on your bench you are rarely ever going to get 3 tails as long as you're conservative with reflipping, and you can hit 200 pretty easily. You can power it up with Aqua Patch and DCE as well.

8. DaLoc Aspiring Trainer
    DaLoc

So you need hitmonchan and then hitmonlee to attack first before using hitmontop. That kinda stinks.

Lord Goomy likes this.
  9. boyishgoodlooks Aspiring Trainer
    boyishgoodlooks

I know it is mathematically unlikely, but I have to laugh at the auto loss possibility.

Lord Goomy likes this.
  10. sw_bionic Aspiring Trainer
    sw_bionic

and I thought this machoke's attack was risky haha

[​IMG]

Lord Goomy and Alex Sableye like this.
  11. Seank Never Give Up
    Seank

Contrary Malamar would be Slowbro's nemesis or auto-loss, shy of Garbodor...

Hitmontop is interesting and could work with Marshadow Gx as a pivot...

Or

Combine Porygon Z for a turn 2 sweep...

Lord Goomy likes this.
  12. Kontoleon Aspiring Trainer
    Kontoleon

1)Slowbro is risk attacker! Normally victini should work here (i hope that you can reflip the coin if you have 3 tails and victini)
    And 1/64 to lose is HIGH but is enought reson to risk it! I mean if you go 6 times in a game(basic attacker vs Non GX deck) you need at least 6 attacks to win so 1-(65/66)^6= 9% and if you need more attacks more risk. But with 120 Hp in Stage 1 you may lose anyway against non Gx decks

But at least if you are behind and lucky you can win vs Gx decks. is so funny anyway

The spread 60 is fine i mean we have decks to try split damage but this attack is really very specific,

13. Alex Sableye Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
    Alex Sableye

*documentary voice* And here we see the wild Slowbro, mocked and humiliated. It will show them in time, however. It will show them all...

Lord Goomy likes this.
  14. TheBossBlastoise I rule the PokeSea
    TheBossBlastoise

Advanced Member Member

Worst possi ble punishment even worse than vbeing grounded for life and getting 2nd in fortnite combined

Lord Goomy likes this.
  15. Xenth Aspiring Trainer
    Xenth

I don't think people here realize that if you use Victini to re-flip, your odds of losing on the reflip are not 1/64, but 1/8... It's 1/64 if you only reflip on triple tails and you're looking at the probability of losing on each attack. If you reflip whenever you don't like your result, your odds of losing are 1/8 because you are stuck with your final result.

Alex Sableye and ICEdaddy like this.
  16. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

17. TatsuyaOrimuta Aspiring Trainer
    TatsuyaOrimuta

huh this is pretty nice with naganadel or even baby blastoise from team up

Elray and The PokeMan 11 like this.
  18. Swampert Full Art #GROOKEYGANG
    Swampert Full Art

19. gema5 Aspiring Trainer
    gema5

With vaporeon gx and naganadel, this will be an slower, but very much stronger and much much bulkier blacephalon.
    If you decide to retreat with that item which heals your water mons for 30hp, surely you'll have a long time alive

20. EXCELLENT CARD. This will be great with the new Blastoise.

Lord Goomy and Holden Sheeks like this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?