Finished Mafia LV : Let's Go (Kanto)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiiruma

Dancer of Doom
Due to last game. Their behaviour made me really unsure and it kept confusing me.
I think getting a feel for it early on is for the best since it helps me long term on this site and short term in this game to test them

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
I randomly chose someone and claimed that guy was mafia and the guy I blamed turned out to be actually mafia.
Dude when you're playing Jest on ToS you can claim Sheriff but ((you have to)) say that your target showed up as "suspicious", not as mafia.
There's no role that is seen as "suspicious" so from your accusation they just think you're a liar and lynch you.
Okay. Now you're flip-flopping.
-> I said I had blamed some Player as Maf.
-> You say that I should've said that that Player was Sus (which, now that I think about it, I did see in some YT videos).
-> But why the heck would anyone do that!? It's such a chore (as Sheriff) because you (as a third Party) wouldn't know whether the targeted Player (of the Sheriff) belongs to Mafia, Coven (if you play Coven), or any the NKs!
-> And then you (from what I understand) imply that I should--
*reads last post again*
*realizes that you meant that town would lynch Jest if Jest writes Susp instead of actual alignment*
But...
*wants to think of a counter-argument, but then realizes that (even now that I found one) I don't need to counter-argue*
*counter-argues anyway because lack of chat*
But that still wouldn't work, because if they knew I was a liar (which will happen to some, but not all Players), then they would also think that I might be a Jester (which again will happen to some and not all Players).
Example: Jester claims Sheriff. Lousy actual Sheriff didn't CC. Sheriff blames Rando, saying Rando is susp. Rando is actually Maf. Other Maf (might) help Rando by saying susp is a weak argument. Voting time: Jest votes Rando. Town mindset sheeps and votes Rando. Rando either gamethrow, or gives role. If former, then Jest is stupidly lucky. If latter, then rolehunting would begin.

--since this game has a 4 days Day Phase, soft-claiming and rolehunting isn't that bad to be honest. Then again, the problem with my reasoning would be that "this game has no fixed roles with fixed abilities".

Hm... Hey future readers, if by now you don't think I am going nowhere, then you've failed to be an analyst. I just want to prolong this conversation because we currently only have 4 Players on RVS.

Zone Q11

Example: Jester claims Sheriff. Lousy actual Sheriff didn't CC. Sheriff blames Rando, saying Rando is susp. Rando is actually Maf. Other Maf (might) help Rando by saying susp is a weak argument. Voting time: Jest votes Rando. Town mindset sheeps and votes Rando. Rando either gamethrow, or gives role. If former, then Jest is stupidly luck
Whoops. This is a bad example. I should've said that Rando is town to give more disadvantage to Jester. Because if town sheeps Rando (Town), then they know that I am lying. At which point the Jailor "might" execute me if Jailor actually pay attention to chat and reacts fast enough to jail Jester. ...huh. What a risky play. --then again, Jest might argue that Rando was framed (if RM belongs to the Role List), or Jester might even fool Jailor completely.
Hm... Yeah, this is not about the current game anymore. This has gone off-topic.
But the chat's been only RVS-ing so far...

Zone Q11

... @NinjaPenguin, I can't believe my eyes. Apparently the new patch says that Sheriffs now no longer say the specific alignment so NKs would have an easier time to claim Sheriff. ...unbelievable. Such an incredible timing... orz

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
--since this game has a 4 days Day Phase, soft-claiming and rolehunting isn't that bad to be honest. Then again, the problem with my reasoning would be that "this game has no fixed roles with fixed abilities".
No this isn't how it works. Rolehunting is never a way to read alignments in a closed setup.
... @NinjaPenguin, I can't believe my eyes. Apparently the new patch says that Sheriffs now no longer say the specific alignment so NKs would have an easier time to claim Sheriff. ...unbelievable. Such an incredible timing... orz
So I guess now you claim you sheriff'd them as mafia and you haven't played in some time? :p

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
#VOTE: NinjaPenguin for continuing the fluff stuff from Zone about Town of Salem.

May we know the reason of this vote?
Unvote:
Vote: Mariano

For marking 1 fluff post (in RVS) as scum while a lot of people post fluff while not being scummy (in past game)
I voted for Cel because RVS

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
I'm not seeing how that anecdote in ToS is related to this game, so it is fluff in my mind.
I see it bad because it deviates the focus of seeing people's reactions of RVS.
Why can my focus not be instead on seeing the way Zone tries to interact through this conversation?

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Unvote:
Vote: Mariano

For marking 1 fluff post (in RVS) as scum while a lot of people post fluff while not being scummy (in past game)
I voted for Cel because RVS
Hehe, it wasn't one fluff post, there were multiple.
And how do you pretend to have a reaction from Cel if you don't state any reason? ;). That's something I learned from my last game, where I RNG'd my RVS vote and was attacked for that.

Why can my focus not be instead on seeing the way Zone tries to interact through this conversation?
Fair enough, that's a good reason.

Zone Q11

No this isn't how it works. Rolehunting is never a way to read alignments in a closed setup.
I know. Which is why I said (or at least implied) that it was a bad idea to rolehunt here. Especially when our abilities keep changing.
So I guess now you claim you sheriff'd them as mafia and you haven't played in some time? :p
Well... If I were to be Jest, then it would be a 50-50 as to whether Town would believe me (who would be lying) or whether they lynch me so that I can win as Jest.
Fair enough, that's a good reason.
This... I feel that NP's post is grammatically incorrect, but if you are going to analyze how I interact through this conversation, then you've already failed because:
Hm... Hey future readers, if by now you don't think I am going nowhere, then you've failed to be an analyst. I just want to prolong this conversation because we currently only have 4 Players on RVS.

Celever

Wheeeee~
Zone and NP's posts so far read to me like the 2 scumbuds having a good time and laughing in their scumchat about their jokes that they're making in the main thread. Obviously it's day 1 and I'm not going in on that theory, but it's possible (and would be funny fair play).

##VOTE: Nick

Because he keeps dropping from games so :shrug:

Zone Q11

Zone and NP's posts so far read to me like the 2 scumbuds having a good time and laughing in their scumchat about their jokes that they're making in the main thread. Obviously it's day 1 and I'm not going in on that theory, but it's possible (and would be funny fair play).
First of all: Our fluff talk are no jokes. They are fluff, but except the post where I mentioned about the new patch, there was nothing funny about our talk.

Secondly, while I would love for NP and me to be scum, it is unfortunately not the case. After all, if that were true, then I wouldn't have written three whole paragraphs as my reaction, and instead I would've voted NP back.
##VOTE: Nick

Because he keeps dropping from games so :shrug:
Oh. Huh. I forgot about that.
##UNVOTE: scattered mind
##VOTE: TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

Celever

Wheeeee~
First of all: Our fluff talk are no jokes. They are fluff, but except the post where I mentioned about the new patch, there was nothing funny about our talk.

Secondly, while I would love for NP and me to be scum, it is unfortunately not the case. After all, if that were true, then I wouldn't have written three whole paragraphs as my reaction, and instead I would've voted NP back.

Oh. Huh. I forgot about that.
##UNVOTE: scattered mind
##VOTE: TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
Not that my post was entirely serious, but the fact that your go-to response is the definition of WIFOM is interesting.

Zone Q11

Not that my post was entirely serious, but the fact that your go-to response is the definition of WIFOM is interesting.
Well you've played with me before, so surely you understand that I usually act/play WIFOMy without even realizing nor caring about it. By the way, do you know Vom and GamePhoenix?

Celever

Wheeeee~
Well you've played with me before, so surely you understand that I usually act/play WIFOMy without even realizing nor caring about it. By the way, do you know Vom and GamePhoenix?
Sure, but that wasn't a subtle WIFOM it was clearly quite intentional.

Vom is an old veteran who I do know he's a cool guy, GamePhoenix I know but I don't think in a mafia context.

Status
Not open for further replies.