Contest Autumn 2018 CaC: Counters & Markers! (Results Up!)

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Hey, I made two cards for this season, but only submitted one (ofc). Can I use the other one next time it fits the theme?
Provided it is not posted anywhere else before the next contest, we technically can't stop you. That said, it's in the spirit of the contest to create a new card every month. :p

A Dragon of Destiny

The Ultimate Dragon
My first entry for card a CaC contest for

Basic Meltan GX 120 hp Steel

Ability: Non-Newtonian body
When this Pokémon is hit by an attack, place a Solid counter on this Pokémon. For each Solid counter on this Pokémon, it gains 1 to its retreat cost but takes 30 damage less from attacks.

[M][C] Search for Scrap 30+
Flip a coin. If heads, this Pokémon gains 30 hp and this attack does 30 more damage. If tails, place a Solid counter onto this Pokémon.

[M] Surprise GX
Place a Chikorita counter on each Pokémon (Both yours and your opponents). When a Pokémon is knocked out while a Chikorita counter is on them, shuffle it and all cards attached to it into the owners deck.

GX rule: When your Pokémon-GX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fire x2
Resistance: Electric -20
Retreat cost: [C][C]

This new species of Pokémon becomes a solid when provoke it. It was discovered because dittos all over the world transformed into it.

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
Can I still sign up? If so
Porygon-Z
(C) HP 140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Porygon2

Ability: Data Dissolve
If your opponent's active Pokemon has at least 10 damage counters on it, you may put that Pokemon and all cards attached to it into the lost zone.

(C) System Error
Put 1 Malfunction counter on each of your opponents Pokemon.

(C)(C) Viral Plague
This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponents benched Pokemon for each Malfunction Counter on it.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat: (C)(C)
Created to explore the multiverse, a fatal error in their coding caused many to go rogue.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Can I still sign up? If so
Porygon-Z
(C) HP 140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Porygon2

Ability: Data Dissolve
If your opponent's active Pokemon has at least 10 damage counters on it, you may put that Pokemon and all cards attached to it into the lost zone.

(C) System Error
Put 1 Malfunction counter on each of your opponents Pokemon.

(C)(C) Viral Plague
This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponents benched Pokemon for each Malfunction Counter on it.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat: (C)(C)
Created to explore the multiverse, a fatal error in their coding caused many to go rogue.
Of course! I've put you down in the OP. ^.^

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
Here is my card: Togetic ex! The card was designed for the ex-era.
Togetic ex 100 HP (C)

Stage 1 - Evolves from Togepi
When Pokémon-ex has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Poké-POWER Spread Love
Once during your turn, when you play Togetic ex from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon, you may put up to 2 Love markers on Pokémon in play. Prevent any damage of attacks if both Active Pokémon have a Love Counter on them. There can’t be more than 2 Love markers in play at the same time.

(C)(C) Heal with Love
Remove up to 3 damage counters from 1 of your Pokémon for each Love marker in play. Remove no damage counters from Togetic ex.

(C)(C)(C) Broken Hearts
This attack does 40 damage to 2 Pokémon with a Love marker on it. Then, remove all Love markers in play.

weakness: (L) resistance -30: (F) retreat cost: (C)

Togetic ex is an interesting card. The hitpoints, weakness, resistance, retreat cost are pretty standard. Togetic's Poké-POWER makes two Pokémon fall in love, because they love each other they won't attack. Also, Togetic's attacks Heal with Love and Broken Hearts work with the markes put into play by Spread Love. You can choose between stalling your opponent by placing a Love marker on their most important Pokémon and on Togetic to heal your bench up. Or, you can choose to remove all Love markers, doing 40 damage to both Pokémon that had a Love marker. I hope you like the card!

I take the -2 for editing; I stupidly forgot something important

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Ho-Oh*– [R] – HP130
Basic

(Prism Star) Rule: You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card is discarded, put it in the Lost Zone.

Ability: Firey Rebirth
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may discard a [R] energy from your hand. If you do, place one Rebirth marker on a Pokemon in play (yours or your opponents.) When a Pokemon with a Rebirth marker is Knocked Out, place that Pokemon back onto that player's Bench (discard all cards attached to that Pokemon.)

[R][R] Flaming Judgement 50
You may do 50 damage to one of your opponents Pokemon that has a Rebirth marker on it. If you do, discard a Rebirth marker from that Pokemon. When a Pokemon with a Rebirth marker is Knocked Out with damage from this attack you may take one more Prize card.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: N/A
Retreat: [C]
Its feathers—which glow in seven colors depending on the angle at which they are struck by light—are thought to bring joy. It is said to live at the foot of a rainbow.

Nyan

She/They
Like last time... imma give a little teaser of what's to come

KYUUUUUUUUU~

KnightofDust

your future past waits
https://www.deviantart.com/knightof...en-Star-770036228?ga_submit_new=10:1540640387

Something something the file uploader and the attachment uploader are not working, so here's a link to it instead.

Credits:
Artwork by Sa-Dui: https://www.deviantart.com/sa-dui/art/Pokemon-Mega-Blaziken-397236228
Blank by aschefield101 (https://www.deviantart.com/aschefield101) and paulsnoops (https://www.deviantart.com/paulsnoops)
Foils by icycatelf (https://www.deviantart.com/icycatelf) and aschefield101
Mega Evoltion rule box by me (modified Tag Team rule box originally by aschefield101)
As always, big thanks to the guys on Discord for helping out and giving suggestions!

Thoughts:
I was thinking of doing a Mega Pokemon for this month, but I didn't want to revert to the old XY blanks, so I thought to myself "Hey, why not bring back Megas to SM?", so I settled with that in mind. Obviously Steffenka already did Mega GXs (see this thread: https://www.pokebeach.com/forums/th...-image-based-now-with-mega-pokémon-gx.140456/), so I decided to do Mega Prisms instead.

The swirling pattern is actually the fighting type Prism blank under 2 layers of holosheet. I messed with the contrast of the fighting 'base' a bit to make the colours pop out a bit more (because orange on red is not a good combination). I originally intended to make this a dual type card, but I scrapped that idea because it doesn't feel authentic to me (because the official dual types sucked).

Mega Blaziken is known for Speed Boost, where your speed increases every turn, but since speed is not a factor in the TCG, I decided to go for power instead. Instead of increasing speed every turn, this card increases damage everytime you attack with it, this kind of symbolizes the 'thrill of battle' that I had in mind when looking at Mega Blaziken. He's a fighter, and he loves fighting.

Hopefully Star-Searing Strike is balanced. I thought that a move designed to overwhelm the opponent is a fitting move for a battle-hungry chicken, and base 110 damage in addition to energy discarding is at least fair. The damage does rack up quickly, so I had to balance it with HP. 230 HP seems fine, it allows Mega Blaziken to duke out with other big GXs while not being too beefy to be a scary sweeper. Standard water weakness and no resistance, with 2 retreat cost to match with the official M Blaziken EX.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Could I sign up for text please?
Of course, Vom! Incidentally, welcome back. :D

And with Vom's entry, we have hit capacity for text-based. This means that we can no longer accept new entrants unless somebody already signed up drops out. If you wish to drop out, you must do so by November 27th so as not to incur a penalty for future rounds of the competition.