'GX Ultra Shiny' Pack Featuring Shiny Pokemon, Worldwide Card Legality After All?!

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
It's 2018 and I still can't believe people can't take better quality pictures of individual cards from these posters (LOOKING AT YOU, GUZMA)

itmealice

Aspiring Trainer
Love that the new Guzma follows the trend set by Lillie/Lusamine of being his later-in-the-story version, having his Team Skull logo crossed out~

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
Who in the heck are Morgan, Nita, Evelyn, and Dana?

On a real note, I am in love with how they are treating Shiny GX Full-Arts! I hope we get it here in the west. Should've launched Shining Legends in 2019 so it could have all the Shiny GX cards. That would have been nice. Also, does this mean Tapu Lele GX (Along with the other GX reprints) will be legal in the next rotation?

Loving this set and if it does come to the west then I hope there will be a GX included in every pack! I am NOT spending $30 for a GX card.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
I have the mightiest of needs for that shiny Gardevoir GX. And shiny Energy Evolution Eevee is a very nice surprise too!
Love that the new Guzma follows the trend set by Lillie/Lusamine of being his later-in-the-story version, having his Team Skull logo crossed out~
I didn't notice that! Nice catch! Makes me wonder if Cynthia will be sporting her vacation clothes from Black and White. Ha ha.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer

On a real note, I am in love with how they are treating Shiny GX Full-Arts! I hope we get it here in the west. Should've launched Shining Legends in 2019 so it could have all the Shiny GX cards. That would have been nice. Also, does this mean Tapu Lele GX (Along with the other GX reprints) will be legal in the next rotation?

Loving this set and if it does come to the west then I hope there will be a GX included in every pack! I am NOT spending $30 for a GX card.

Unless they make a third lele-GX for the projected final set AND new VG gen one year from next month, judging from the reasoning behind the Alt. Arts these days, Lele-GX will be gone from Standard for good two months shy of the projected month of the next gen of pokemon(at this point, the next gen is projected to hit November '19), but will the new gen be pushed into March as a launch title for some "Switch Mini"? I saw reports that say Nintendo is making an improved Switch, making me wonder if it will have two screens as well for purposes of 3DS support on top, and, that if the reports are true, that the Mini could be the 3DS's true successor...

^ However, I'm taking the above as a grain of salt until Nintendo confirms... "Late 2019" could be either the end of Nintendo's financial year 2019-20, or it could be Holiday season 2019. Given the news, I'd rather wait and see if TPCi is somehow afraid of the Switch's bulk vs. the 3DS's, and decides at the last minute to port and convert the next gen's pokemon offerings from the bulky Switch to the Mini before they are comfortable enough to release it, even if they need one-to-three months past the holiday season 2019 window to do that... In the meantime, what would such a move require to satisfy the prerelease normals we have in the states? One possible answer would be one concept pack turned into a main expansion Internationally followed by a global new gen first-expansion launch that leaves some cards out from the International release to be released Internationally later, if only for the purpose of re-establishing the Jap-English gap that could be zeroed out as a result of global release, a gap that could be a side-effect of said decision? Or, if they don't want to release the first set of a new gen globally, another possible answer would be not one, but two Japanese Concept Packs turned into main expansions to buy time satisfying the International prerelease normals until a later-than-expected next-gen of pokemon comes into the English TCG? Ah, one can only dream...

^ The future is not set in stone yet, but if they need two Concept Packs prior to the next-gen release halfway through the yearly tournament cycle, I hope they release the load of Shiny GXes, along with new copies of their respective previous line stages(due to the fact that any prerelease pokemon could be wasted in the prerelease metagame without their basic and any other species along the respective evolution chain that evolve into the shiny GXes), and either split the load in two, or, if they announce one more Concept Pack for Jap, they could hold back the ones that have yet to be rotated at that point in time(approx. the GXes originally printed in CIN/UPR-LOT) and just release the Shiny GXes that are the newest to be rotated out at that same point(approx. the GXes originally printed in SUM-SHL/CIN) in the other Concept Pack...

^ I hope that two concept packs are not needed to bridge the gap before the next-gen's eventual arrival in TCG form, but if it is, I'll take GX shiny gap-fillers all the way!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
If you've played the video games, these four girls are the Battle Chatelaines of the Gen VI games; they run the Battle Maison and are the bosses you must face at a certain point during your streak. Each of them specializes in a different battle format: Nita in singles, Evelyn in doubles, Dana in triples, and Morgan in rotations.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Why did they add a random trainer no-one cares about, yet they still haven't made cards for Mega Pinsir, Mega Banette and Mega Latias?! Seriously, how long do we have to wait?

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Did more thinking about this card and the rest of the Battle Chetelaine crew.

First off: Morgan sounds like, if you jam the others in there, would be FANTASTIC for Guzzlord meme decks, outfitted with Random Receiver and Dowsing Machine. Id on't know, just a thought.

Other than that, it sounds like that the Battle Chatelaine crew is Missing Clover 2: Electric Boogaloo. Except, and this is all conjecture, all of them have the same requirement, so you can have all 4 in hand and have 4 different directions you could go in.

IF this is the case, I may have a new thing for my Imakuni? deck instead of Missing Clover. Depends on if they all get the FA treatment.

IvanAipom93

Ice/Electric type member
Morgan just looks unplayable, but hey - don't forget we have Sylveon-GX's Magical Ribbon! Just get 1 by normal drawing, energy evolution, magical ribbon at turn 1, play the big effect at turn 2, gigantic profit.

ShinyJordeon

Aspiring Trainer
The picture has a very nice border. Im so excited about this set, that i want to open all boxes i pre-ordered.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
The February set Team Up will probably have cards from SM GX Ultra Shiny. Or Ultra Shiny will get a couple themed collector's boxes over here. But i am ever so anticipating the Sun&Moon Team Up January Pre-release and set.