Major 'Pokemon Switch' Rumors Today -- A Breakdown and Analysis!

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Hmmm...I can see what you're saying. Only pokemon I know of so far that is for sure restricted is new, which is pokeball plus only for now. I imagine zapdos and the other will be available though considering me mewtwo is another big part of the game and already confirmed to be in it. As for missing raids, the legendary birds are being cycled through as a "research reward." Read on serebii that zapdos was cycled out for articuno recently, but I could see it coming back. Looks like it doesn't take too much work either to get the research rewards. Plus I don't think microtransactions will be a thing because arcticles are saying that you can get various pokeballs for just beating trainers. Like I said though, I can see what you're saying. Too much GO influence isn't going to be good. It doesn't encourage hardcore players to play with newer players like Masuda wants when the game is too much for the casual/newer audience.

The thing is I also dont live in an area where I can complete these goals.I tried once and I have to go out of my way to do any of it. The main issue people have right now is we have to play GO again, and we dont want to. That is all I'm worried about to be honest but I don't see why this couldn't be on the 3DS.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
I don't really care about all of that, I just don't like that I'm being forced to pick up Pokemon GO in fear that I miss out on something. What if the only way to get Zapdos is to get it from GO? I never did the raids because I stopped playing GO. What if they introduce microtransactions for things like Ultra Balls? I'm more worried that GO has too much influence on the game. There is one thing to remember, making a game too casual makes it a worse experience for the real players. Look at what happened to Destiny 2. Casual players don't care for all the advanced features and casual players of GO might not be willing to take a Switch with them to play if all they play is GO anyway. All this does is make the experience worse for us, the people who are going to play the game anyway.

I can understand making somethings similar but if this was a fun little mini game, then sure but all I see is having to spend more money for Poke Balls since I'll be missing almost half of them, which means NPCs give less money for wins which means microtransactions. The only things I'd like to see in the main games is dungeon crawling like in the PMD games. A lot can be done there.
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. Like... any of it. At all.
It sounds like you're worried about being forced to play these games and GO, or else you'll be missing out on something crucial. I don't think these games have connectivity with PokeBank/the main series games--and if it was announced that they do, I honestly forget--so I'm not sure what anyone would really be missing out on. Even if they did have connectivity, you'd be missing out on the original 151 that have been available in a variety of ways for over two decades? Possibly that new Pokemon, but just look at Manaphy. I don't think it would remain exclusive to these games for long.

I decided to not buy either of these games. Not out of protest or anything. I just know they're not for me. I never had any interest in GO. And like WPM is reporting, the addition of throwing mechanics just sounds wonky and tedious when an old fart like myself just wants to PRESS A. So I'm not worried about these games. At best, they might be fun to watch as a Let's Play. Gen 8 will come out next year, and that's good enough for me.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
Its not fine. Pokemon GO is a bad game that you do nothing in, so a lot of people don't play it but the fact that it is now being forced on us and now I have to play Pokemon GO, something I dont want to do and now it's GO's system on a Pokemon console game.

You really haven't played Go then. A lot of your worries seem misplaced/unreasonable. Wait until the game comes out. Everything else in the game seems normal except for the capture mechanics.

crystal_pidgeot

You really haven't played Go then. A lot of your worries seem misplaced/unreasonable. Wait until the game comes out. Everything else in the game seems normal except for the capture mechanics.

I am waiting but having GO integrated into it is a very valid concern. If I can use Pokemon Bank, then there isn't an issue.

crystal_pidgeot

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. Like... any of it. At all.
It sounds like you're worried about being forced to play these games and GO, or else you'll be missing out on something crucial. I don't think these games have connectivity with PokeBank/the main series games--and if it was announced that they do, I honestly forget--so I'm not sure what anyone would really be missing out on. Even if they did have connectivity, you'd be missing out on the original 151 that have been available in a variety of ways for over two decades? Possibly that new Pokemon, but just look at Manaphy. I don't think it would remain exclusive to these games for long.

I decided to not buy either of these games. Not out of protest or anything. I just know they're not for me. I never had any interest in GO. And like WPM is reporting, the addition of throwing mechanics just sounds wonky and tedious when an old fart like myself just wants to PRESS A. So I'm not worried about these games. At best, they might be fun to watch as a Let's Play. Gen 8 will come out next year, and that's good enough for me.

The new Pokemon will most likely be a special Mew or Pikachu. Almost 100% sure its not a new Pokemon the world has never seen. The very reason it connects to GO is the reason I'm worried about missing something. They are connecting a console game to a mobile game, one that relies on micro-transactions to progress, which is being tied to a paid game, so what is stopping them from removing Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres from the game and force you to buy Raid Passes to get them? Look at what they did the the TCG sets. They removed things like Rainbow Ho-Oh-GX and put it in a promo product. They have done thing a number of times and while I don't mind a company wanting to make money but this seems too much like a way to make more money through Pokemon GO.

"You want that Zapdos? Well, we're running Raids for the Legendary Birds all month to get them! Stock up on Raid Passes, now for half the price! Just to celebrate Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokemon Let's Go Eevee, we are giving all Pokemon GO players a free Raid Pass! Be sure to connect with your friends and add these powerful Pokemon to your team!"

I'm sure it'll go something like that. Oh, and I just learned that you get Poke Balls from trainers. Those micro-transactions in this game seem more and more likely now.

Senorsmith

Aspiring Trainer
Wasnt it stated that there would be nothing online related to the game? Honestly, if this game DID get tied into Pokemon Bank, itd probably be a 1 way transfer, for use in the next gen game. If there are no online features, then that means no online battles, which means most likely no competetive for this game. Even if I were a competitive player, I would not be too worried about this game.

The way I see it is that Pokemon GO got people who were originally not that interested in pokemon, interested in it. By sharing features with it, such as capturing method and transferring Pokemon from GO to Let's Go, it allows a more casual audience to be drawn into a more legitimate pokemon game via the movement and battle system. THEN They release the next gen game, possible sharing the same level of graphics and other features as Let's Go, but they revert back to the ORIGINAL way to catch pokemon.

Boom. Bigger audience, monay monay monaaaay

All in all, I'll be getting the game to play with my kids

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
The new Pokemon will most likely be a special Mew or Pikachu. Almost 100% sure its not a new Pokemon the world has never seen. The very reason it connects to GO is the reason I'm worried about missing something. They are connecting a console game to a mobile game, one that relies on micro-transactions to progress, which is being tied to a paid game, so what is stopping them from removing Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres from the game and force you to buy Raid Passes to get them? Look at what they did the the TCG sets. They removed things like Rainbow Ho-Oh-GX and put it in a promo product. They have done thing a number of times and while I don't mind a company wanting to make money but this seems too much like a way to make more money through Pokemon GO.

"You want that Zapdos? Well, we're running Raids for the Legendary Birds all month to get them! Stock up on Raid Passes, now for half the price! Just to celebrate Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokemon Let's Go Eevee, we are giving all Pokemon GO players a free Raid Pass! Be sure to connect with your friends and add these powerful Pokemon to your team!"

I'm sure it'll go something like that. Oh, and I just learned that you get Poke Balls from trainers. Those micro-transactions in this game seem more and more likely now.
Well, the point I was trying to make was that--let's say everything you're worried about does happen--it just sounds like more trouble than what it's worth. At this point, I don't see anything that I feel like I would miss out on. Even if these do connect to PokeBank, I don't see anything exclusive that I couldn't get in another game. So I don't see why anyone feels like they HAVE to buy these games, especially if the possible implications you're worried about is stressing you out.

I'm just suggesting not buying them. Then you won't have to worry about these issues. :D But you're certainly free to spend your money however you want. :) Just thought I'd offer another perspective on the situation.

crystal_pidgeot

Well, the point I was trying to make was that--let's say everything you're worried about does happen--it just sounds like more trouble than what it's worth. At this point, I don't see anything that I feel like I would miss out on. Even if these do connect to PokeBank, I don't see anything exclusive that I couldn't get in another game. So I don't see why anyone feels like they HAVE to buy these games, especially if the possible implications you're worried about is stressing you out.

I'm just suggesting not buying them. Then you won't have to worry about these issues. :D But you're certainly free to spend your money however you want. :) Just thought I'd offer another perspective on the situation.

I'm going to wait and see. I was going to buy a Switch for this game until I heard the detail. I want to be wrong on this.

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Wasnt it stated that there would be nothing online related to the game? Honestly, if this game DID get tied into Pokemon Bank, itd probably be a 1 way transfer, for use in the next gen game. If there are no online features, then that means no online battles, which means most likely no competetive for this game. Even if I were a competitive player, I would not be too worried about this game.

The way I see it is that Pokemon GO got people who were originally not that interested in pokemon, interested in it. By sharing features with it, such as capturing method and transferring Pokemon from GO to Let's Go, it allows a more casual audience to be drawn into a more legitimate pokemon game via the movement and battle system. THEN They release the next gen game, possible sharing the same level of graphics and other features as Let's Go, but they revert back to the ORIGINAL way to catch pokemon.

Boom. Bigger audience, monay monay monaaaay

All in all, I'll be getting the game to play with my kids
Nah, that was proven as an error in translation. Regular online trading and battling sere confirmed, but no ranking battles, wonder trade or gts, etc, so just simple player interaction ones. Bank might be accessible, no clue though as to how likely it is.

michelmau5

Aspiring Trainer
I think I'll skip the first Pokémon game since I was 10 yo and bought Pokémon Blue.

So you got, all pokemon pokemon games?
Like Pokémon: Magikarp Jump, PokéLand, Pokkén Tournament DX, Detective Pikachu, Pokémon Shuffle, Pokémon Rumble World, Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon and all the other pokemon games?

Remember this is not a core game in the series, the core game will come in 2019.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I am waiting but having GO integrated into it is a very valid concern. If I can use Pokemon Bank, then there isn't an issue.
If we can see a new Pokémon out of that game, then Bank is the issue here because the game is restricted to Gen 1 only and you want to throw 800 Pokémon to compete other people in tournamsnts. I think "No Bank compatibility" in this game right now since it mainly focus on PoGO.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Its not fine. Pokemon GO is a bad game that you do nothing in, so a lot of people don't play it but the fact that it is now being forced on us and now I have to play Pokemon GO, something I dont want to do and now it's GO's system on a Pokemon console game.
I'm with you on this. Having elements of pokemon go is fine but seeing the CP in the corner makes my heart sink. Don't force these elements on established players.

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
I'm with you on this. Having elements of pokemon go is fine but seeing the CP in the corner makes my heart sink. Don't force these elements on established players.
Keep in mind that the cp isnt a separate stat like speed, atk, speed, etc, it's just for pogo players to have an easier time understanding how the stats and leveling in the main series corresponds to pogo stats.

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
If we can see a new Pokémon out of that game, then Bank is the issue here because the game is restricted to Gen 1 only and you want to throw 800 Pokémon to compete other people in tournamsnts. I think "No Bank compatibility" in this game right now since it mainly focus on PoGO.
Personally I think it'll be more of a transfer software like back with bw/b2w2 for xy that connects to bank. That way there is no issues and the transfer can be one way into the 2019 games. Or they add paid DLC that adds new regions instead of making a new one every so often. The latter I feel is less likely though, even if pogo is getting each region's pokemon added in increments.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
We've been given transparency by the company on this matter, we know this is a hybrid of Go and regular games to bridge the gap between player bases and to fill the gap between generations. We know Gen 8 is coming next year and it will be the type of game we know and love. I respect them for their honesty regarding this and that we don't have a disaster situation like with the Fallout franchise right now.

That said, the forced Go integration and Go mechanics are not something I'm looking forward to. Put it simply I do not like Go at all. But I can live with it, this is one-off special edition with no links to the core series, the overworld looks pretty and trainer battles seem unchanged. Will it compare to similar side games like Colosseum and XD? Probably not.

The Go stuff was not a good idea and should be optional but if anything the bigger issue is that this is Kanto yet again and unlike ORAS there's a restriction to the original 'dex which leaves a lot of incomplete evolutionary lines. This is something I'd have a problem with regardless of the format of the game.

But I'll still play it and I'm looking forward to learning more about the story.

evilpacman

Voltorb Collector

You absolutely do not need to make micro-transactions to progress in Pokemon Go. You can get coins for free from gyms. Hell, you don't even need coins to play the game.

aschefield101

is behind you !
Aslong as the 2019 games do not have this Go tripe in, I'm fine to let them go wild with this year on/off filler mush.

If however there's enough silly people wanting more integration from Go or similar, then no screw the gaming side of things.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
I'm going to wait and see. I was going to buy a Switch for this game until I heard the detail. I want to be wrong on this.
Waiting and seeing sounds like a good approach! I can say, though, that a Switch is very much worth the purchase. There are already a lot of great games on it, and looking at E3, there will be plently more great games in the future. Plus Gen 8 will come out next year.