Major 'Pokemon Switch' Rumors Today -- A Breakdown and Analysis!

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
I feel like some people are really missing the point with this game. It's designed to be a super casual introductory level Pokemon game for next-generation fans, it' not meant for us veterans. Id be surprised if there was any amount if competitiveness to it other than basic battling, so I wouldnt expect EV training to even really be a thing, but maybe it could, who knows. I essentially think of it as "Pokemon Go 2". The point is, don't judge it like you would a main series game, because that's not at all what it is. That title will be coming out next year.
They will likely make it to where there will be integration with the new core games/Pokebank, so that if people want to play it competitively with stats/natures/IVs/EVs, they can.
I know when I get it im just going to sit down and enjoy it and not worry about the chores of competitive training.
Edit: whoops I initially typed this with my phone and the font size was giant for some reason. Fixed....

Last edited:

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
This sounds like the main problem is the pokeball accessory and not the game itself. Your first 3 paragraphs are entirely impressions of that and not the game (I say that on the basis that this accessory is an optional additional purchase - but it is important people make an informed decision before they spend more money)

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I don’t know why everybody hates the Pokémon GO throwing. Seems fine to me. It’s supposed to “immerse” you, and I think that’s great and does a fine job of it.

Stop hating a game you haven’t played!

The Last Shaymin

Floof
I don’t know why everybody hates the Pokémon GO throwing. Seems fine to me. It’s supposed to “immerse” you, and I think that’s great and does a fine job of it.

didn't you read it?

he says that go throwing is finicky.

throwing a pokeball in real life, you just chuck it at the pokemon. here its saying you are "throwing an eraser with your wrist"

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I still stick to the old catching method because that is a waste of time and I have to complete the dex in an easiest way possible. How about that a frikin Master Ball which have 100% catch rate may miss with this method. And is switch games vulnerable from cheating/glitching, etc.?

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
And how the number of Pokemon available in the PC? Usually, games have 20-30 PC Boxes × 30. So you'll end up releasing dupes of them. And as a player that loves competitive battling, I don't like what Let's Go offered to us.

At least the rival isn't a more like of a mortal enemy that you've hated the most kinda like Silver. I love rivals who are a bit idiot like Barry who can't stand still (you know what I mean)

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Watched the demo session at Tree House there and does look good, girl playing used joy con which seemed a lot more accurate vs above comments but I imagine touch controls will be as seemless as playing pokemon go?

But love the look and feel will have a blast playing this with the kids over holiday season and beyond! I'm hoping for more surprises between now and launch in terms of post game content please please include jhoto!

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
It sounds fine to me. You seem to be whining about personal views rather than wanting to learn :'P

I like the idea of this game being busy. feels life-like. I hope it does well.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*

Its not fine. Pokemon GO is a bad game that you do nothing in, so a lot of people don't play it but the fact that it is now being forced on us and now I have to play Pokemon GO, something I dont want to do and now it's GO's system on a Pokemon console game.

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Its not fine. Pokemon GO is a bad game that you do nothing in, so a lot of people don't play it but the fact that it is now being forced on us and now I have to play Pokemon GO, something I dont want to do and now it's GO's system on a Pokemon console game.
Just curious, if they removed the catching system and switched it back, then removed go compatibility and the cp stat (which is there just for go players to have an easier time understanding how go strength translates over to levels, not something hardcore players need to pay attention to), wouldn't it pretty much just be another main series pokemon game? It looks like to me that majority is still the same, the most major part from go being the catching system. Even the candies are basically replacing the iron, protein, etc ev raising items.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
I think the main worry with these games is if they do well, like in other franchises that have done the 'casual/hardcore split', you will start seeing more casual branch features imported into the hardcore branch until they're indistinguishable from one another. This is the first mainline pokemon game I won't be buying, and I won't be buying a Switch until we have details on Pokemon 2019. I have no interest in a third return to Kanto, and one with less features than we had in FRLG at that.

I just hope that the special pokemon exclusive to these games is obtainable through other means.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Just curious, if they removed the catching system and switched it back, then removed go compatibility and the cp stat (which is there just for go players to have an easier time understanding how go strength translates over to levels, not something hardcore players need to pay attention to), wouldn't it pretty much just be another main series pokemon game? It looks like to me that majority is still the same, the most major part from go being the catching system. Even the candies are basically replacing the iron, protein, etc ev raising items.

I don't really care about all of that, I just don't like that I'm being forced to pick up Pokemon GO in fear that I miss out on something. What if the only way to get Zapdos is to get it from GO? I never did the raids because I stopped playing GO. What if they introduce microtransactions for things like Ultra Balls? I'm more worried that GO has too much influence on the game. There is one thing to remember, making a game too casual makes it a worse experience for the real players. Look at what happened to Destiny 2. Casual players don't care for all the advanced features and casual players of GO might not be willing to take a Switch with them to play if all they play is GO anyway. All this does is make the experience worse for us, the people who are going to play the game anyway.

I can understand making somethings similar but if this was a fun little mini game, then sure but all I see is having to spend more money for Poke Balls since I'll be missing almost half of them, which means NPCs give less money for wins which means microtransactions. The only things I'd like to see in the main games is dungeon crawling like in the PMD games. A lot can be done there.

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
I don't really care about all of that, I just don't like that I'm being forced to pick up Pokemon GO in fear that I miss out on something. What if the only way to get Zapdos is to get it from GO? I never did the raids because I stopped playing GO. What if they introduce microtransactions for things like Ultra Balls? I'm more worried that GO has too much influence on the game. There is one thing to remember, making a game too casual makes it a worse experience for the real players. Look at what happened to Destiny 2. Casual players don't care for all the advanced features and casual players of GO might not be willing to take a Switch with them to play if all they play is GO anyway. All this does is make the experience worse for us, the people who are going to play the game anyway.

I can understand making somethings similar but if this was a fun little mini game, then sure but all I see is having to spend more money for Poke Balls since I'll be missing almost half of them, which means NPCs give less money for wins which means microtransactions. The only things I'd like to see in the main games is dungeon crawling like in the PMD games. A lot can be done there.
Hmmm...I can see what you're saying. Only pokemon I know of so far that is for sure restricted is new, which is pokeball plus only for now. I imagine zapdos and the other will be available though considering me mewtwo is another big part of the game and already confirmed to be in it. As for missing raids, the legendary birds are being cycled through as a "research reward." Read on serebii that zapdos was cycled out for articuno recently, but I could see it coming back. Looks like it doesn't take too much work either to get the research rewards. Plus I don't think microtransactions will be a thing because arcticles are saying that you can get various pokeballs for just beating trainers. Like I said though, I can see what you're saying. Too much GO influence isn't going to be good. It doesn't encourage hardcore players to play with newer players like Masuda wants when the game is too much for the casual/newer audience.