Finished Mafia XLIX: Fight for the Falls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jabber, nothing changed my mind, I was busy at EoD and never had time to place a vote on BB, and put my money where my mouth was. I would've otherwise.
Define EoD. At what point in the thread did you come to the conclusion that bb was scum?
As for who's scum, going into today I can't say I'm looking into anything in particular. One thing I see that went wrong was D1 was built on the assurance that BB was scum, and we'd go from there. But he wasn't, and that sets up back because instead of going immediately for the people tied to a scum flip, we have to look elsewhere for scummy actions and scummy people. I have nothing right now.
Give me one scummy player right now. Just one. There are nine players in the game who aren't you or confotown.
I'm curious to see why Camo thinks Mariano's scum though.
Aren't we all.
Apparently you two are confirmed town so why wouldn’t y’all say if your abilities got swtiched? (Unless your not town 0:)
Because they didn't want scum to have that information. Scum do not need to know who the doctor and who the bulletproof are.

Is rainy usually this unproductive? I can't remember the last game I played with him.

Now analyzing why Mafia chose simsands for the nightkill. I'm reading the posts sim did on Day 1 to find something he said that could interfere with Mafia plans. I'm excluding his posts talking about bbninjas because we know for sure he is town.
He made a post analyzing why simsands was chosen for the night kill. But for some reason he only talks about me and Gekki (borderline confo town). We weren't the only people simsands talked about.

So, what I see from Sim is that, apart from bb, he questioned Gekki and Camo (a little) even after they claimed. That makes me doubt a bit if Gekki's and Camo's claim are true.
All he's talked about literally all game is me. Read his posts. Literally only me. He must have really not liked me voting him yesterday.

After careful consideration I have decided to help break this game.

I am the seer. I have host confirmation that I am sane and that my results are guaranteed accurate. The catch is that I am not allowed to say what my results are. The joke is that all of my results will be posted on my death.

I scanned Gekki night zero because after the last game I didn't want to sift through 500 posts of bullshit to guess his alignment. Based on his claim and not my seer result, Gekki is town. I received a useless sweater at the end of night zero, and at the end of night one when he targeted me again. This means his role is not a safe claim and he actually is town.

I scanned Robin Aisaga night one because people were beginning to town read him because of his quality posts. simsands did that last game and was scum, so I needed to make sure he could be trusted.

Jade said I could lie about my results but I'm waiting for confirmation on whether that means I'm allowed to lie about who I scanned or about what result I got for the person I did scan. In the meantime, don't lynch Robin Aisaga.

There are eight players of unknown alignment, and Robin Aisaga who I personally would not lynch:

4. The Last Shaymin
5. Mariano11887
6. rainyman123
7. NinjaPenguin
8. Jabberwock
9. GM Draclord
11. Lord o da rings
12. MegaPod_781

The only way town loses at this point is if we mislynch five times in a row, which I doubt will happen. If scum tries to kill me or any of the confo towns and the doctor successfully blocks it, they lose. If I get role blocked or killed and the watcher catches them doing it, they lose.

I am calling for a massclaim. We need to find out what everyone's abilities are and prioritize who of the eight unknowns should be lynched today. The confirmed towns can then dictate how to use their abilities, and anyone who doesn't listen gets strung up.

You are Stanford Pines, and you are aligned with Gravity Falls.

Active Ability - Read and Write: Once per night phase, you may pm the hosts “Read and Write: [player].” You will learn that player's alignment, and add it to your journal. You may not share anything you learn with this ability, but everything you learned will be revealed when you get killed or lynched.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to Gravity Falls.

People who are probably also town but it's just me talking out of my ass this time:

NP - Blew a one-shot role cop on a confirmed townie. This would only make sense as scum is if NP, Gekki, and Camo were the three scum and he was looking for a way to cement their town status, but we know this isn't true because Gekki is already confirmed town.

Refraining from voting until I see reactions.

NP - Blew a one-shot role cop on a confirmed townie. This would only make sense as scum is if NP, Gekki, and Camo were the three scum and he was looking for a way to cement their town status, but we know this isn't true because Gekki is already confirmed town.
Yeah the role isn't purely a role cop, it just can be manipulated to be such. I got double confirmation on the masons in fact being town and got another advantage that makes why I scanned Camo evident.

Whatever helps us win, buddy.

Alright we should do a mass claim, I can sense from PMJ's post that he has seen my claim and the rest checks out too. I'll start with sharing, I have no good reason to hide my abilities:

You are Robbie Valentino, and you are aligned with Gravity Falls.

Passive Ability - Bully: You can not be lynched. If the day ends with you at majority, there will be no lynch.

Passive Ability - Main Say: During day 1, you will have a vote weight of 3. You will have a vote weight of 2 during the rest of the game.

Win condition: Eliminate all threats to Gravity Falls.

Think about what PMJ (our seer) said, now consider how scum would try to abuse my ability Bully to prevent a lynch. If not now, possibly at a later stage. Apparently PMJ can't confirm my claim, but if my claim wasn't true PMJ could still deny seeing it ^^^ but he won't.

So claim people. The important roles are already out there.

Is that the host of the TeamChaos game I see? Welcome to PokéBeach mafia!

##VOTE: MegaPod_781
RVS
Why? It's literal RVS, why place your trust in someone because of their experience? That doesn't rule them out from being scum. There are also other people, such as Camoclone and NinjaPenguin who are leagues better at this game than I am.

I'm willing to bet he read through the last mafia thread and put his trust in me without really knowing what RVS was, but don't give people your trust blindly, jp.

Given the first 3 posts it should be self-explanatory.

I find this ironic because you have 4 numbers in your name yourself. :p
Warns jplap of trusting people, kinda townish since if they were scumbuddies Lorde would've said this in scumchat. Rest is basically fluff
But what's the point of this? It's no, I am Spartacus but with seers. What's to be lost or gained from this?

Yes but he uses votes and reads them better than anyone, tbh. It's not a small part, it's a key part of his playstyle.
Also a townie post. Opinions on Camo's ability massclaim idea mattered then, and the second sentence was helpful. Or at least it would have been if I didn't know for sure whether Camo was town or not. :p
I get most of it, but for bolded, wdym? Wouldn't this entire thing be sort of random?
Continuing the Camo ability massclaim discussion after it had been established that wasn't happening is useless & fluffy, and for someone who is usually productive with every post this is OOC (Being active has nothing to do with being productive.)
I agree with this for the most part, BB and Mariano are the only people who look odd to me. But I don't understand the jplap case at all. He read my signature, how does that make him scummy?

Hey, to be fair I said I wasn't gonna be very active this time around. ;)
No original opinions other than the misinterpretation of the jplap case.
That's fair.

Mariano gives off the very same vibe from last game (though he did flip town so it's not strong at all), and like Camo has pointed out, BB's been unusually fluffy. Reminds me of D1 last game with all the cake gifs...

I don't believe that was buddying? I think it was strange for him to agree with me one an RVS, which just makes me believe he has no idea what he's doing, but w/e.

This wasn't the only thing I said in that post, though.
So he's acting like he did last game as town and you think he's scummy?
BB flipped scum last game, that's why it's pinging me. He's much more focused round the clock on his town meta, iirc.

It's still imho the best one. BB spouting fluff is basically what he did to start D1 last game and he ultimately flipped scum, but if it's due to irl problems then it loses a lot of ground to stand on.
Yay opinions and a not fluff post!
I don't think I ever said he was unable to make a decent case? Also, in my recent experiences with him as scum, yeah he acts a lot less serious.

I strongly disagree that I'm tunneling, to say I've been razor-focused on BB when I've been unable to be here a lot is a ridiculous notion.

Looking over it, it goes to Jabber imho. It's not his defiance of Camo, I actually thinks that's townie of him, my main problem with him is he's so much more aggressive than I've ever seen before. I also didn't really like his defense of BB. Tied with him would be Gekki. I forget whomever said it, but whoever posted the idea of Gekki trying to pocket Camo I agree with.

Still on my RVS vote. Not moving it to BB, but I may as well move it to you, ##VOTE: Jabberwock. BB's at L-3 right now, so...

I disagree with the idea he's forming a case on me, a question with some pressure applied to it doesn't look like a full blown case at all.
More sheeping.
I have a question for you. If BB is lynched and he flips Town, would that change your reads on Mariano and Jabber at all?

OMG I needed that laugh after the s*** day I've had. They don't play very similarly in my opinion. Camo has a reputation on this site for being hyper-aggressive and assertive in mafia. It's not scummy for him, it's just how he plays any alignment.
First thing is echoing, second is fluff.
That may be because I haven't seen anyone else ask that question?

So Camo and Jabber had a feud thing. Just makes both of them look worse.

What exactly does this mean?

- What? I can't switch off of my RVS vote? Jfc.
- I'm not tunneling and I think it's hilarious you think so. Honestly tunneling someone with dedication takes a lot of activity, something I am not able to have atm.
- Because Camo has said multiple times Jabber and Mariano are the best people to look into if BB flips scum. So what if he flips town, what then?
- I don't think I got the notion that you were even trying to build a case on me.

:p

Seconding this, actually.
Throwaway WIFOM defense, a true observation, and some defenses that are OK except for the last one. He's been pushing you for awhile now and his vote is on you, how is that not building a case? Seems dismissive. And then-yay-more sheeping!
I thought you were the best lynch. Didn’t exactly get on before EoD so I couldn’t wrap up my thoughts. But hey, you’re back, I haven’t seen a Retributionist on forum mafia before.

What was I trying to do by voting Jabber? I didn’t recognize his aggression and since I considered you scummy him stickin his neck out to defend you made him look shady imo as well. But you flipped town, so I have no reason to vote him at this point.

I’ve made it incredibly clear that I didn’t have much time to play the game like I had in the past, and that includes lack of commitment when you’re often unable to keep up with the thread. I should have more time for Day 2, because I have no school next week, though. I mean, when I don’t have as much time to spend posting I’m not gonna play normally, because I’m normally on the more active side.
Once again activity=/=productivity. You've been on the thread; you just haven't contributed very much at all.
I'm on mobile rn, and it's late and I couldn't bother to quote shit.

Jabber, nothing changed my mind, I was busy at EoD and never had time to place a vote on BB, and put my money where my mouth was. I would've otherwise. As for who's scum, going into today I can't say I'm looking into anything in particular. One thing I see that went wrong was D1 was built on the assurance that BB was scum, and we'd go from there. But he wasn't, and that sets up back because instead of going immediately for the people tied to a scum flip, we have to look elsewhere for scummy actions and scummy people. I have nothing right now. I'm curious to see why Camo thinks Mariano's scum though.
Brings up a good point about Day 1, however said point doesn't really matter. Since that's true, you should be using your time here to find scummy people instead of pointing out the fact that we don't have much to go off of right now.
Yes, I commented he was the best one, but he was stacking up votes fast and I figured me contributing to that could set him up for quick and easy hammers. In the meantime, I'd try to look elsewhere. I don't know how refraining from adding to a lynch with plenty of votes is bad.
Makes sense.

TLDR:

Lorde hasn't contributed much, sheeps alot, fluff posts, and hasn't done much but defend herself. She does have a lot going on IRL however; but that is not an excuse for being unproductive with the posts you do have time to make, which is my main problem here. Null, slightly scummy.

I fully support a massclaim. (In case anyone missed it, my role is the same except locked. :<) There is this one role that I think exists and I think belongs to a mafian, but I'm not saying it until everyone has claimed.

I'm waiting to claim for something quite specific to happen and will not unless it does.
...you said this last game too, so you better have a good reason.

He made a post analyzing why simsands was chosen for the night kill. But for some reason he only talks about me and Gekki (borderline confo town). We weren't the only people simsands talked about./QUOTE]
Yup, this makes sense. I could see him being inno and getting a tunnel mindset, since you seem to cause those sort of reactions sometimes, but the fact that it's continuing past Day 1 is a bit odd. I could see a Mariano lynch pending claims.

Alright we should do a mass claim, I can sense from PMJ's post that he has seen my claim and the rest checks out too. I'll start with sharing, I have no good reason to hide my abilities:

You are Robbie Valentino, and you are aligned with Gravity Falls.

Passive Ability - Bully: You can not be lynched. If the day ends with you at majority, there will be no lynch.

Passive Ability - Main Say: During day 1, you will have a vote weight of 3. You will have a vote weight of 2 during the rest of the game.

Win condition: Eliminate all threats to Gravity Falls.

Think about what PMJ (our seer) said, now consider how scum would try to abuse my ability Bully to prevent a lynch. If not now, possibly at a later stage. Apparently PMJ can't confirm my claim, but if my claim wasn't true PMJ could still deny seeing it ^^^ but he won't.

So claim people. The important roles are already out there.
This does not sit well with me. Where's the color and bolding in that claim, and why is it not a direct quote from Jade? Lynchproof is also an amazing claim for scum,

He made a post analyzing why simsands was chosen for the night kill. But for some reason he only talks about me and Gekki (borderline confo town). We weren't the only people simsands talked about.
Yup, this makes sense. I could see him being inno and getting a tunnel mindset, since you seem to cause those sort of reactions sometimes, but the fact that it's continuing past Day 1 is a bit odd. I could see a Mariano lynch pending claims.

Robin is most probably innocent, since a lynchproof (providing they're telling the truth) would be broken on a mafian. I wouldn't see PMJ faking a restrictive game-breaking role like the one he's claiming, so I believe him as well.

This does not sit well with me. Where's the color and bolding in that claim, and why is it not a direct quote from Jade? Lynchproof is also an amazing claim for scum,
You role has bold in it? Mind doesn't.

Robin has clearly copied it straight from her role PM (i.e. they did not click "reply" and the copying that quote), which is not a problem. It's why there is no colour, and why there is double-spaces between a couple of lines.

Don't lynch Robin Aisaga. :|

I'm fine with claiming; there isn't anything in my role that could particularly benefit scum to know. However, I still can't c/p, which is annoying as hell. Suffice it to say that I'm Grenda and my only Ability is a passive roleblock that affects anybody who targets me for the Night Phase after they do so.

TLDR:

Lorde hasn't contributed much, sheeps alot, fluff posts, and hasn't done much but defend herself. She does have a lot going on IRL however; but that is not an excuse for being unproductive with the posts you do have time to make, which is my main problem here. Null, slightly scummy.
How does all of that equate to a null-slightly-scummy read?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back