Pokemon What Is Your Most Disliked Pokémon and Why?

For me, it's Sunflora. Its design is literally something a kindergarten student could draw, and its overly enthusiastic smile makes me uncomfortable. But most importantly, as I was binge watching the anime, I tapped out during Gen 2 (too many sequential filler episodes), and the specific episode was "Grin to Win." I guess it's not the best reason, but I just immediately draw negative connotations whenever I think of Sunflora.
This is definitely a contender for the most uninspired and obscure Pokémon.

The only remarkable feature I can think of is that its pre-evolution, Sunkern, once held the record for the lowest BST in the game. But this is now surpassed by Wishiwashi's base form, so it doesn't even have that going for it.
---
In terms of the worst design, I think Lucario actually might be the worst in my eyes.

That's not because it's popular. I like Charizard and Pikachu. They have well-executed designs and clear themes which represent their elemental type. Pikachu's lighting tail and pouched cheeks are very iconic, for example.

I feel as though anyone suggesting Lucario has even a half-decent design hasn't looked at it closely:
250px-448Lucario.png

Problems:
1. What are those fleshy protrusions sticking out of its head supposed to be? Dreadlocks? Why?
2. Why is its mouth /underneath/ its muzzle?
3. Shoulder cylinders. What?
4. What function do the spikes on the outside of its hands serve? Does it backslap its enemies?
5. What is even going on with that tail?
6. Why is it wearing shorts?
7. Why are its legs thicker than its torso?

Eeeeeeeeesh. What a train wreck.

Last edited:
I hate spearow most since it hurt my cute pikachu:( In Pokemon Go, it needs 50 candy to evolve, uh.

I hate charizard with a passion. It has been given way to much stuff that has shifted attention away from any other pokemon. It didn't need two megas. Mega X was pure edge lord fan service. Plus the fact that it always takes a gimmick tcg print away from any other pokemon (the only gimmicks it hasn't gotten was a light pokemon print and a break evo and technically a legend print but its not a legend soooo)

I have no clue why but I hate hawlucha. I have literally no justifiable reason what so ever I just hate it.

And lastly the elemental monkeys, oddly enough I think I'm the only person that hates them but loves their design. I hate them only because of how they were introduced in gen5 as a pokemon given to you to counter the first gym making the whole 3 gym leader that counter picks against your starter thing kinda pointless. Outside of gen5 I like them and wish they were a little more useful in the tcg
I feel the same way about the monkeys!

As much as I love Gen 5 as a game, most of my most hated pokemon come from that generation. Not all are gen 5 but here are my least favourite pokemon, these include:
The monkeys (I don't like monkeys, just don't like their designs)
Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanilluxe (Boring and uninspiring 3 stage line)
Klink/Klang/Klinklang (See above. Also could you get more generic with the names?)
Amoongus (This thing is SO ugly)
Cryogonal (Thing is so creepy)
Bouffallant (Rehashed Tauros)
Wingull/Pelipper (Annoying)
Exploud (Ugly)

Slurpuff, Aromatisse, Jynx, Mr. Mime etc.

But one more unusual Pokémon that I hold contempt for is Sharpedo. I mean, it has a decent design and is a great battler but always seems to overshadow my favourite Pokémon, Camerupt. Everywhere I look where there is Camerupt merch (spoiler alert, this happens a lot) there always seems to be that silly shark right next to it. For some reason it seems to be so much more popular and well loved and sidelines my boi Camerupt in all locations. So yeah, Sharpedo, go suck it, you feeble fish you!

Oh, and ever since the release of Burning Shadows in the TCG, Gardevoir. There always seems to be a relevant Gardevoir in the meta, because they keep pushing this uninspired Pokémon that looks like it was designed to be fetish material as one that most people actually like. Its just weird. And as an avid Volcanion and occasional Garbodor player, a part of me dies whenever my opponent on the ladder turns over a Ralts followed by his seemingly infinite copies of Tapu Lele-GX.

Last edited:
Can we talk about how bad Feebas is? It's basically an ugly Magikarp with the coloring of sewer water and it's design is completely unoriginal. It copies Magikarp almost completely, and Magikarp's design was really unoriginal in the first place.

Can we talk about how bad Feebas is? It's basically an ugly Magikarp with the coloring of sewer water and it's design is completely unoriginal. It copies Magikarp almost completely, and Magikarp's design was really unoriginal in the first place.
Not to mention how much of a hassle it is just to find it

Conkeldurr and it's pre-evolutions is clearly #1 for me.
2. Gothitelle (Gothita and Gothoria are also bad, but not as bad).
3. Watchog
4. Sawk/Throh
5. Least favourite Legendaries: Landorus, Thundurus, Tornadus
6. Spoink/Grumpig
7.-x. Emboar/Pignite, Incineroar, Bronzong, Toxicroak, Purugly, Spiritomb, Cofagrigus.

1, 2: Too much like a human. Mr. Mime and Jynx I got used to by now. But Conkeldurr and Family are ugly too.
3: The red eyes look too unhealthy.
4. Similar to 1, 2.

Last edited:
Ratatta. I got an Evolution pack and it had a white code and my rare was a ratatta. Ever since Ive ripped every ratatta in my collection and every one ive pulled

Servine

dumb cry
dumb design
dumb stats
dumb name
learns basically nothing
Serperior sucks
Snivy sucks
basically the whole line is garbage but Servine is the biggest offender and so he gets the doodoo award.

Servine

dumb cry
dumb design
dumb stats
dumb name
learns basically nothing
Serperior sucks
Snivy sucks
basically the whole line is garbage but Servine is the biggest offender and so he gets the doodoo award.
What do you expect? Its generation 5. Of course it has a booty name

Regigigas. Worst legendary NA. The other golems aren't much better in my opinion.

I really don't hate any Pokémon but like competitively I get so tired of seeing Groudon and Kyogre Primals and having to put up with the abilities.

I've only ever disliked one Pokémon, and that Pokémon is Farfetch'd. Solely because at the time of release, I wanted Magneton to have an evolved form (that luckily came true in the form of Magnezone).

Most of the Normal/colorless Pokemon. They're basically normal animals for the most part (obviously there are some notable exceptions Raquaza, Shaymin, etc.). Ho-hum...

Back