Sylveon GX

Teir 4:

Tapu Koko GX
Lucario
Passimain
Venasaur/Genesect
Tyspholision
Guzzlord GX

NOTE-- I will try to put my lists up for each of these decks. If there is anything that isnt on here that should be here please tell me

Last edited:

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
i played it last year(i have played for a year now), thinking "hey vespiquen is non ex, so it must be dirt cheap!"
well at least it was a good deck

Luis Rodriguez

Aspiring Trainer
In my opinion, greninja is better than last season. The only thing holding it back right now is that people are teching Giratina promo to counter it. Without giratina i believe the deck would be tier 1. I only really lose to Golisopod and yet sometimes i can take a game or 2 from it, you just have to manage his ways to retreat and you can have a chance.

Magmarco

Aspiring Trainer
Does anyone else have a "tier list" for standard right now? I'm coming back to the format again after taking a break and I don' really know anything besides the top decks (Gard and Golisipod). Can anyone else help me with viability in Standard right now? Also, my best deck in XY used to be Darkrai, is that still any good now with Darkrai GX to add?

TheSceptileMaster

Gastrodon ate my cake
If this is Standard, drop Darkrai and Magnezone to Tier 3. They didn't do well at Worlds and will probably be winning Cups at best. Greninja, IMO, is immensely weakened by the loss of staples such as Ace Trainer, Dive Ball, Level Ball, Teammates, and etc. This removes the consistency and strength by magnitudes and will have trouble with even Darkrai and Magnezone. Alolan Ninetales is great right now and is 100% Tier 1

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
My current Tier List would be as follows:

Tier 1:
Gardevoir GX
Volcanion and all it's variants
Golisopod/Garbodor
Tapu Bulu GX
Drampa/Espeon/Garbodor

Tier 2:
Alolan Ninetales
Metagross GX

Tier 3:
Greninja Break
Darkrai
Tapu Koko GX

I really want to put Alolan Ninetales in Tier 1, but I feel like it just falls short. It gained the baby Alolan Ninetales, but most decks have a way around it and Gardevoir, Ho-Oh, and Tapu Bulu all have ways to hit 210 damage to OHKO Alolan Ninetales GX.

I think Drampa/Espeon/Garbodor could be put in Tier 1 as well. Tord took the deck to Regionals this past weekend and got 2nd place, showing that it's still a deck to watch out for.

As much as I love Metagross, and run the deck a lot myself, it just has poor match-ups against any Fire deck and decks that run Garbotoxin, so that's why I placed it in Tier 2.

Greninja can still be a threat, but it lost a lot of consistency after rotation and it already had consistency issues to begin with. It's Tier 2 at best, but feel like it fits Tier 3.

Darkrai just gets dominated by Gardevoir. It also doesn't really have any match-ups where it has an auto-win. If Gardevoir quiets down a bit I would move this up to Tier 2.

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
While I agree that just about every Tier 1 deck has a way to OHKO Alolan Ninetales GX, that's also true for Golisopod GX/Garbodor and just about every Tier 1 deck can OHKO one another, so I don't think the fact that Alolan Ninetales GX gets OHKO'd by tier 1 decks other than Golisopod GX is the main issue here.

What I think Alolan Ninetales GX lacks as a multihit KO deck is the ability to apply consistent pressure with the same speed as Golisopod GX, an issue that I think Zoroark GX will fix fantastically. Golisopod GX/Garbodor is able to apply consistent, 120+ damage pressure with First Impression and locking out abilities which is why it passes as a 2 hit KO deck. It's also very sustainable with Rainbow Energy + Acerola. Alolan Ninetales GX needs to "set up" energy before it can swing for anything big, and it doesn't hit as hard as other set up decks like Bulu & Gardevoir. Its damage cap is 190 while Bulu can hit for 210, Gardevoir can hit for whatever it feels like, Turt/Ho-oh/Volcanion can hit 230+. If you don't have the numbers to take guarateed OHKOs over time, you need the numbers to guarantee 2 hit KOs rapidly which is what Golisopod GX achieves and Alolan Ninetales GX can struggle with.

I think Zoroark GX has the potential to be a Tier 1 attacker as it needs a single DCE to deal consistent damage and Mind Jack is incredibly powerful in a meta where people are liking 2 Brigette in their set up decks. I might be hyping up the card a bit too much but I honestly am incredibly excited for it to become a thing.

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
I think Zoroark GX has the potential to be a Tier 1 attacker as it needs a single DCE to deal consistent damage and Mind Jack is incredibly powerful in a meta where people are liking 2 Brigette in their set up decks. I might be hyping up the card a bit too much but I honestly am incredibly excited for it to become a thing.
Have to agree regarding zoroark. As baby zoroark Does well in this format...unfortunately it doesn't have the hp to hold its own (even with break its hp is 150). Gx zoroark with 200hp and 1 dce attachment will be tier 1. It also has the benefit of being able to attack next turn unlike golisopod which can sometimes get stuck in active thereby nullifying first impression damage.

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Have to agree regarding zoroark. As baby zoroark Does well in this format...unfortunately it doesn't have the hp to hold its own (even with break its hp is 150). Gx zoroark with 200hp and 1 dce attachment will be tier 1. It also has the benefit of being able to attack next turn unlike golisopod which can sometimes get stuck in active thereby nullifying first impression damage.

I actually don't think the frailty of non-Zoroark GX is an issue. His job is to assassinate. You leave a Zorua on the bench, attach a DCE and choice band and evolve up when the situation is right, Stand In and KO whatever is in front of you. Since its job is to assassinate your opponent's active, that usually means that you will have eliminated the one threat that can KO you back, and even if someone were able to KO you back right away, you're taking 2 prizes, they're taking 1.

Trading a non-GX for a GX KO is pretty much always worth it. If you do that 3 times you win the game and your opponent doesn't. Non-GX Zoroark is not the kind of attacker like Gardevoir or Metagross where you'll be setting them up on the bench or active and letting them sit there for a few turns. You have to be clever with it, which is Zoroark's theme.

Last edited:

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Where do people think Solgaleo/ Rayquaza fit in?

Also I've seen a decent amount of talk regarding Magnezone and Pikachu EX but I haven't actually seen any decklists.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
Where do people think Solgaleo/ Rayquaza fit in?

Also I've seen a decent amount of talk regarding Magnezone and Pikachu EX but I haven't actually seen any decklists.

Check out Andrew Mahone's video on Derium's Competitive channel! Mahone was the originator of the "PikaZone" deck, or at least he was the one who took it to a League Cup recently and placed Top 4.

Solgaleo/Rayquaza is viable, but Metagross is just better. I tried a Solgaleo/Rayquaza deck recently and it just didn't run as smooth as Metagross does.