Discussion Competitive Tier List

Gardy/sylveon is not really an "opinion" if I've played against it several times and won, otherwise please look up the definition of opinion. And bulu, honestly, bulu isn't a bad match up. I can set up faster as bulu can and sweep through their attackers before they do mine. And if I happen to get rid of vika, well gg they basically lost already. Weakness doesn't mean something is an auto-loss. If you've never played Lapras you wouldn't know that it's bulu match up is pretty good. I'm not saying lapras is S tier, it's far from. but It's way better than people expect it to be. It's super underrated and the set up is pretty consistent. T2 lapras and you can sweep through a lot of decks with ease. And maybe not golisopod, but enough to be considered a decent deck. At least that's what I think, and I wish I had the top table data to back it up, which I don't, which honestly I think is because nobody even considers lapras anymore which is such a shame. But I still have faith in lapras, and that's all I really want to say. If you don't think lapras should be up there, I won't argue further, simply because I really can't back anything up with "oh it got top 8 here and there". All I'm saying is that it's a super good underrated deck, and I think it should deserve more love competitively.

You probably played against bad Gardevoir players/lists then. I really don't see how you can beat Gardevoir considering that all they need is fairy DCE and choice band and everything in your deck dies. Plus with Guzma and Acerola everywhere Lapras GX attack is very underwhelming now.

You also obviously lose to Golisopod, which kills everything you have for 1 energy. Even Bulu will have little trouble killing everything you have, because it can just do 120 x2 to kill Lapras. You are kidding yourself if you think you can kill the Vikavolt, all the Bulus that he puts out, and keep this going forever when all you have are Aqua Patches and Max Elixir and they have a dedicated energy attachment engine.

You probably played against bad Gardevoir players/lists then. I really don't see how you can beat Gardevoir considering that all they need is fairy DCE and choice band and everything in your deck dies. Plus with Guzma and Acerola everywhere Lapras GX attack is very underwhelming now.

You also obviously lose to Golisopod, which kills everything you have for 1 energy. Even Bulu will have little trouble killing everything you have, because it can just do 120 x2 to kill Lapras. You are kidding yourself if you think you can kill the Vikavolt, all the Bulus that he puts out, and keep this going forever when all you have are Aqua Patches and Max Elixir and they have a dedicated energy attachment engine.
"you probably played against bad players" that's such an easy argument to go to. "Oh you won so they must've sucked." that shows a lot of ignorance on your side. I also never mentioned once that golisopod was a good match, not once. Ofc it's a bad match, I would never even try to argue about that. .-.
And bulu, I've beaten bulu enough times. It's not that bad, weakness =/= autoloss. You can easily get rid of bulu and if they don't have t2 vikavolt they're not set up well enough to keep up with lapras. they would have to rely on manual attachments and horn attack simply doesn't do enough, even with band. and if they do get t2 vikavolt. then yes It might be tough but it's faaaaar from undo-able. Like, If I still get the first kill, All I really need to do is stream attackers, and with the help of elixers, patches and manual attachment I never have any trouble doing so. And vikavolt is easy to kill tbh, i've killed it several times before it even hit the field. so meh

Last edited:
Gardy/sylveon is not really an "opinion" if I've played against it several times and won, otherwise please look up the definition of opinion.

I'm sorry but your personal experiences don't rise to the level of solid data, thus they are subjective. Your wins don't take into account things like personal skill level of both players, or how well each deck was balanced. Maybe the Gardy players you beat didn't quite have the right balance of cards and ended up dead drawing or not getting the pieces they needed consistently.

It's not a personal attack, but if it's a deck you're passionate about keep grinding away at it. If it has 1st Tier meta potential then eventually it'll catch on and we'll have the data we need to make that assertion. Right now though if I was going to put it anywhere on this list it would probably be 2nd Tier.

I'm sorry but your personal experiences don't rise to the level of solid data, thus they are subjective. Your wins don't take into account things like personal skill level of both players, or how well each deck was balanced. Maybe the Gardy players you beat didn't quite have the right balance of cards and ended up dead drawing or not getting the pieces they needed consistently.

It's not a personal attack, but if it's a deck you're passionate about keep grinding away at it. If it has 1st Tier meta potential then eventually it'll catch on and we'll have the data we need to make that assertion. Right now though if I was going to put it anywhere on this list it would probably be 2nd Tier.
I'm sorry If I'm a bit too defensive of lapras, I know it's not tier 1, and as much as I might want it to be, It's not. I've played with it since sumo base and I think It only became better and better and if I had the time/money I would definitely put it to the test of a regionals. If it does horribly there at least I know 100% sure because to be fair, a regionals is bigger as a league cup/challenge and will for sure bring more competitive people.

Either way It is and will be my favorite standard deck, meta or not. and like I said, I indeed don't have any top tier data to back it up. I wish I did. I don't want to force lapras down your throat saying it's meta and everybody should play it lol. But at the very least I want to bring it to people's minds saying it's not bad, and it has it's decent match ups. that's really all. So yeah If I came across a bit too harsh I'm sorry, I didn't take it as a personal attack.

I (on the topic of laparas) feel it dosn't do to well against Gardivoir Sylveon ( if both get set up) becuase garivoir is probably taking 2 KOs for every one of Laparas

:p
I run a rouge deck that relies on Sylveon GX for the setup and M Glalie for the attack with Manaphy for free retreat. Online I run Toxapex just for the heck of it

This tier 1 is wayyy too large. Either move Gardy, GolisoGarb, and Volc into an 'S' tier or moves so other lists out of tier one. Marshadow Box is nowhere near 'meta' either.

S Tier: These decks have few bad matchups, are consistent and are benchmark decks. If you lose to two or more of these decks you're not competitive.

~ Gardevoir/ Sylveon
~ Volcanion Variants
~ Golisopod/ Garbodor

1st Tier: The decks might have a few bad matchups but can tech or play around most of them in a pinch. These decks might not be as consistent as S Tier Decks but they are still reliable.

~ Metagross GX
~ Tapu Bulu GX/ Vikavolt
~ Espeon GX/ Garbodor and Drampa/ Garbodor
~ Ho-Oh GX/ Salazzle GX
~ Ninetales GX/ Espeon EX

2nd Tier: These decks will have consistency issues and have some really poor matchups. They are however still a threat in the right hands and under the right circumstances.

~ Greninja BREAK
~ Solgaleo GX/ Rayquaza
~ Darkrai EX/ GX "Turbo Dark"
~ Ninetales GX/ Decidueye GX

3rd Tier: This could be considered the 'Rogue Tier' in my eyes. These decks struggle to maintain consistency but have that unknown factor that can make them difficult to deal with.

~ Xerneas BREAK
~ Pikachu EX/ Magnezone
~ Marshadow GX Tool Box
I agree all here, expect its quite unnecessary to say someone is not competetive.

Thats not what you said. And you misread my post, I said it was UNNECESSARY, not that you couldn't say it. And you referred it as "you're" not competitive, not your deck archetype.

Oh come on... the rest was clearly implied. I was talking about a TIER LIST, not about individual people. It should have been incredibly obvious that I was defining the competitiveness of the deck archetypes.

It obviously meant the "deck" was not competitive, not a person.

Too many SJW jumping into traffic to protect everyone's feelings.

^ is correct
<is on the wrong thread ( and wishes he knew a site that had the standings for vancouver)(and has a friend who placed 9th in vancouver)
v will be wondering why i posted this way

Zoroark drampa is at least tier three probably even tier 2 with the new GX!

This deck is interesting but I find typhlosion just the better off meta deck I have seen people go 2-2 at league with lots of competititve players and it has a great matchup against
against Gardy Golisopod and Volcanion the main decks it loses to is one prize attackers (not garb) greninja and just yourself dead drawing but if you run a really consistent list that's not really a problem!

Back