Discussion Competitive Tier List

Draskk

Blast From The Past
is guzlord GX a good deck?
(for now it will be teir 4)
Not to be negative, but Guzzlord is horrible. It gets mauled by Gardevoir, it's relatively slow, completely unreliable, and has nothing that really makes it better than any of the decks currently on the list.

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
okay, i just was at a prerelise for crimson invasion, maulled both of them because i was prepared(aka boatloads of fighting types)
(ps it's attacking by turn two)

Draskk

Blast From The Past
okay, i just was at a prerelise for crimson invasion, maulled both of them because i was prepared(aka boatloads of fighting types)
(ps it's attacking by turn two)
Yeah, its attacking by turn two, if you manage to hit 4 Energies off Eat Sloppily. It's a cool little meme deck but in actuality it's too inconsistent, at least IMO. Guzzlord+59 Dark Energy is perfect for pre-releases though.

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
Yeah, its attacking by turn two, if you manage to hit 4 Energies off Eat Sloppily. It's a cool little meme deck but in actuality it's too inconsistent, at least IMO. Guzzlord+59 Dark Energy is perfect for pre-releases though.
is actually only 39 becuase of 40 card decks, why is that an if? they run at least 45 energy, it should not be a problem to hit 3 or 4

Draskk

Blast From The Past
is actually only 39 becuase of 40 card decks, why is that an if? they run at least 45 energy, it should not be a problem to hit 3 or 4
Yeah but then you're still discarding other cards. It's not an if if you literally play 1 Guzzlord/59 Energy, but then your one Guzzlord gets K.Oed and you lose. If you run 4 Guzzlord/56 Dark Energy, you'll still have tons of trouble finding the Guzzlords, and having to waste a turn on Eat Sloppily every time you want to charge a Guzzlord is really damaging outside of T1. 180 also doesn't even OHKO everything; you need Choice Band to get K.Oes on stuff like Turtonator, Golisopod, Espeon, etc. and Stage 2 GXes like Gardevoir and Metagross are completely out of OHKO range for Guzzlord. And 210HP, while sizable, is still killable. Guzzlord also has bad matchups across the board and it auto-loses to the BDIF, Gardevoir. Basically, its a clunky deck with many issues and even when it works perfectly it has many bad matchups. That, to me, is something that isn't worth putting in any tier.

Jacktropolis

Aspiring Trainer
Why was marshadow on this list at all? Let alone tier 2? That's just not a good deck marshadow is too fragile to be his own deck

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
The reason marshadow is their 2 is because it can tank most attakers by copying glaceon, jolteon, regime, and more
Though it may need to be knocked down a bit.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Not to be negative, but Guzzlord is horrible. It gets mauled by Gardevoir, it's relatively slow, completely unreliable, and has nothing that really makes it better than any of the decks currently on the list.
Yeah, Guzzlord is only good for Pre-release tourneys.

politoed12

Aspiring Trainer
WHy is golisopod/garbotoxin tier 2? It should be tier one, garde should be there too

I agree, Golisopod/Garbodor should be in Tier 1 as well, especially if you take Crimson Invasion in consideration. I would call it Tier 1.5 maybe because of the bad Volcanion matchup, but I think that this will become less important with the new cards released.

HumbleChong

Aspiring Trainer
Buzzwole doesnt make the list? or is it not updated yet? Personally i think that since Buzzwole is out , Espeon/Garb would be better than Drampa/Garb

Toxic

TCG Player and Old Deck Collector
Is the Espeon/Garbodor deck listed in tier 3 the same deck as the Garbodor, Necrozma GX, Tapu Koko promo spread deck? Or something different? The Garb/Necrozma/Koko deck won an Expanded Regional and is only a few cards away from being Standard legal. I'm curious on how it stacks up to everything else.