News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

None of these cards are giving me confidence that we'll actually see a decent counter energy user.

Last edited:
You're right. I've seen virtually no Dark online, and I play a lot of both Standard and Expanded with Espeon Garb. Mismagius doesn't have much to worry about weakness-wise, IMO.

If Psychic starts having a strong presence then I would expect to see a lot of darkness begin to pop up, just like how people are looking to steel to counter Gardevoir GX.

But ultimately your first point still stands. It's very easy for Darkness decks to hit 110 without weakness, so it's basically a non-issue.

As if Gardevoir wasn't good enough, now it has a slighttly weaker version of Wonder tag for a single prize, that can be put in any deck. Why are people not taliking about this again?

"Ends your turn after using it" isn't "Slightly" weaker.

Turn 1 Brigette is a huge part of lele's power as a card, and xerneas doesn't really help with that at all.

We've seen cards with versions of that attack see use in the past, it's certainly not nearly as good as Lele but you'll see it in budget lists and possibly in Xerneas BREAK lists. If Guardians and SM4 don't leave in the same set it'll see play post rotation in 2020 or so if nothing better comes along.

Octillery is okay seeing as a lot of decks play the remoraid for BKT anyways. Mismagius is a pretty good card, the only darkness attacker you still see anymore is Zoroark and that card feels gimpy without being able to attach DCE. But if DCE is attached prior to Maggie hitting the field the card is pure food, or if you have darkness and go to BREAK the second attack will OHKO her back with even only 2 cards in your opponent's hand.

in order to use counter energy u have to be behind on prizes, u cant use it if prizes are even either
I believe counter energy provides 1 colourless even if you are not behind on prizes...2 energy if you are behind. Therefore with 1 water and a counter energy you could use it.

To add to the comments that Mismagius's attack is the same as [the most recent] Giratina-EX, Xerneas's is the same as Florges-EX's.

Anyway, between Garbodor and now this Mismagius I can only feel like. That's okay I didn't wanna play Buzzwole anyway. :')

i dont think mismagius is as powerful as ppl are making out. giratina worked because it was streamable basic EX mons that survived hits (and had immunity ability to help) and also takes KOs while the lock was kept. mismagius cant be streamed as easy as a stage 1, also is an easy prize with 110hp, AND also incredibly weak attack that doesnt pressure the opponent against playing slowly. i guess it will be decent with the garbodor tho.

Personally I think the weakness to Darkness from Mismagius is not a problem: it has 110 HP: it's going to get knocked out by Darkrai-GX anyway! Imagine: Red Card + Garbotoxin + Chaos Veil in the same turn. Your opponent would be utterly shut off from pretty well everything. That is a highly playable deck and one I have very high hopes for. The Sun and Moon era is really giving us some powerful, single Psychic energy attacks!
They can still play item or supporters long they not tool cards. Doesnt really shut down thwy cab still attaxh energy just not special. So woukdnt say shut down. The card really not that good . They can still field blow then use abiltys it has 110 health and stage1. Almost everything in decks can one shot it.

They can still play item or supporters long they not tool cards. Doesnt really shut down thwy cab still attaxh energy just not special. So woukdnt say shut down. The card really not that good . They can still field blow then use abiltys it has 110 health and stage1. Almost everything in decks can one shot it.
Plus pokemon ranger would cancel the effects

That Mismagius looks good, lol i was hoping it could've been a basic, but that would be ludicrous and broken.
I give it 5 stars, that card is gonna be boss, especially in expanded with trevenant. whether its gonna be broken in terms of price... remains to be seen. It's a very neat card, it will definitely see play.

That Mismagius looks good, lol i was hoping it could've been a basic, but that would be ludicrous and broken.
I give it 5 stars, that card is gonna be boss, especially in expanded with trevenant. whether its gonna be broken in terms of price... remains to be seen. It's a very neat card, it will definitely see play, with Garbodor, this card would be even better.

Back