News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

Nyora

A Cat
May not be that bad if the Kakuna does something really good, like Water Duplicates, Serpentine Strangle, Rom something like that.

falzarpmu

Aspiring Trainer
May not be that bad if the Kakuna does something really good, like Water Duplicates, Serpentine Strangle, Rom something like that.
tbh what is the chance of that even happening, they'll probably print some meme move on Kakuna like harden cause it's Kakuna

RagingMath

Aspiring Trainer
Mismagius have me hopeful that we'll see some real nasty interactions in the game coming forward. I'm glad that they're putting more emphasize on some cards that are non GX related.

Omarphylax

Aspiring Trainer
Ooh, the art is quite nice!
Sadly the card itself isn't that good.
I believe it is. Maybe not meta enough, but there's many items to devolve a pokemon. Acerola, Scoop Up, Devolutor (I guess it'll be standar) add a band and maybe seviper and you could be dealing around 60 damage with 1 energy and paralyzing the enemy. Forcing him to use the acerolas or guzma to attack, and by doing that you could also force him to use some sycamore to get the acerolas fast.

wobbuffet lover 1

Aspiring Trainer
my opinion is this
Card Ratings
mismagius 5/5 great tech card
xerneas 1/5 dont see it being good
octillery 3/5 ok but discarding special energy is never good

Draskk

Blast From The Past
If Forest hadn't been rotated/banned then this would be absolutely ridiculous with Forest, DeVo Spray, and Super Scoop Up. It could still see play if we get a good Kakuna. If they print a Kakuna and Weedle with Adaptive Evolution, then this would be amazing. You can use BUS Seviper and Choice Band to increase damage as well!

If Kakuna and Weedle get Adaptive Evolution or some other similar effect, this will be good.

If they don't, this is a fun, non competitive rogue deck.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Took ya long enough to put this card here

Yeah unless Kakuna has a Adaptive Evolution ability, i'm just gonna have to say this card is terrible.

True, plus grass is pretty dead, we all thought back in SUM-1 Lurantis GX, was going to be a God, but that didn't happen

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Would have been quite good in expanded if they didn't ban Forest of Giant Plants.

Why evolve up into this in order to do 30 damage while paralyzing in hopes of doing another 60 damage when you could just hit for 120 up front with Golisopod or hit for 20 without attacking with decidueye?

10 damage + poison + paralysis is not worth using your attack for the turn, especially on a stage 2 which requires 4 cards to use.

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
Why doesn't pokemon simply nerf FoGP to only allow non-gx pokemon to use it?

Also, I hope this is in the next theme deck. It'll be a monster

Vexen_IV

The Paul Heyman to Giratina-EX's Brock Lesnar.
That Mismagius is pretty neat: a 1 Energy Chaos Wheel!

That Mismagius is going to be disgusting with Garbodor or Noivern.

Oh man, that Mismagius seems pretty scary.

Yes with mismagius you could play N to put cards in opponents hand. Use chaos wheel. Next turn they can't play some cards from their hand. After that use black magic plus choice band could be 150 damage and very disruptive.

I like the Mismagius card, could make a great deck when partnered with Generations Wobbuffet, if that card is still in rotation when the Mismagius comes out. It's a shame it has the Darkness weakness as Darkrai decks got a boost in Darkrai GX. But let's see what happens ;)

That Mismagius is disgusting. I remember people talking about Trevenant GRI pairing with GRIbodor, and I think this will be much more potent.

This should be in Crimson Invasion in November.

Mismagius/gardodor/bkt garb will be a disgusting deck

Mismagius looks disgusting. Just thinking about it with Garb makes me wanna throw up.

That Mismagius looks good, lol i was hoping it could've been a basic, but that would be ludicrous and broken.
I give it 5 stars, that card is gonna be boss, especially in expanded with trevenant. whether its gonna be broken in terms of price... remains to be seen. It's a very neat card, it will definitely see play.

Oh man, I can't wait for that Mismagius, its gonna be a great addition to Garb!!

I hope more are revealed, Pokemon has been releasing a lot more strategy lately. Mismagius is perfect with garbotoxing Garbodor, absolute lockdown. :)

Using N guarantees you 120 damage with Mismagius

Mismagius, nihelego GX, Garbodor garbotoxin
Personally I think the weakness to Darkness from Mismagius is not a problem: it has 110 HP: it's going to get knocked out by Darkrai-GX anyway! Imagine: Red Card + Garbotoxin + Chaos Veil in the same turn. Your opponent would be utterly shut off from pretty well everything. That is a highly playable deck and one I have very high hopes for. The Sun and Moon era is really giving us some powerful, single Psychic energy attacks!

Sorry, but all of you are insane. This is going to be an average tech card at best that very cheesy decks will run. Special energies aren't as rampant as when AO first hit so that's not a problem, tools will be a problem for those that use more than just the standard 2-3 float stones, 3ish choice bands, etc. And not a whole lot of decks run stadiums, like other than the Alters and Parallel city, is there any playable stadium cards out there that will be around for standard? And lets not forget that what made Giratina such a good card in the first place. 170 hp, 100 damage, immunity to mega evolutions which were a common thing by the time AO was released. Mismagius gets none of these and all of you are acting like it's the second coming of Seismitoad EX

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Sorry, but all of you are insane. This is going to be an average tech card at best that very cheesy decks will run. Special energies aren't as rampant as when AO first hit so that's not a problem, tools will be a problem for those that use more than just the standard 2-3 float stones, 3ish choice bands, etc. And not a whole lot of decks run stadiums, like other than the Alters and Parallel city, is there any playable stadium cards out there that will be around for standard? And lets not forget that what made Giratina such a good card in the first place. 170 hp, 100 damage, immunity to mega evolutions which were a common thing by the time AO was released. Mismagius gets none of these and all of you are acting like it's the second coming of Seismitoad EX
'Special energies aren't as rampant'. Really? Every single one of the top 8 decks from every division at Worlds ran Special Energy, many of which were heavily reliant. Turn 1 Wally into Mismagius would systematically dismantle Golisopod/Garb variants, Greninja wouldn't be able to play Splash Energy to recover the Pokemon, Alolan Ninetales wouldn't have an easy discard option in DCE, Rainbow Road would also be ruined, and whilst Gardy can play around it, losing DCE and Wonder is damaging, especially when Garbotoxin is active to lock off Secret Spring.

You also seem to think Stadiums aren't a thing anymore. Well, Drampa/Garb loses Po Town which is crucial to its strategy, Gardy loses Fairy Garden, and in expanded Mega Ray and Rainbow Road lose Sky Field, any Water deck loses Rough Seas/Brooklet Hill. And Parallel City is not to be rejected: it is splashable into so many decks and losing it can be damaging. This card is anything but average: it is not the second coming of anything, rather a new deck in its own right.

Last edited:

Vexen_IV

The Paul Heyman to Giratina-EX's Brock Lesnar.
'Special energies aren't as rampant'. Really? Every single one of the top 8 decks from every division at Worlds ran Special Energy, many of which were heavily reliant. Turn 1 Wally into Mismagius would systematically dismantle Golisopod/Garb variants, Greninja wouldn't be able to play Splash Energy to recover the Pokemon, Alolan Ninetales wouldn't have an easy discard option in DCE, Rainbow Road would also be ruined, and whilst Gardy can play around it, losing DCE and Wonder is damaging, especially when Garbotoxin is active to lock off Secret Spring.

You also seem to think Stadiums aren't a thing anymore. Well, Drampa/Garb loses Po Town which is crucial to its strategy, Gardy loses Fairy Garden, and in expanded Mega Ray and Rainbow Road lose Sky Field, any Water deck loses Rough Seas/Brooklet Hill. And Parallel City is not to be rejected: it is splashable into so many decks and losing it can be damaging. This card is anything but average: it is not the second coming of anything, rather a new deck in its own right.

First of all, a turn 1 Wally is pretty bad play because you're not locking people out of anything except a special energy attachment at best, maybe a stadium, but a turn 1 stadium denial is not the end of the world. Second of all, half the stadiums you listed are rotating out by the start of the new season.

This card is not going to bring the Seismitoad level of dominance that all of you are thirsting for.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!

Dude, you are clearly forgetting the one special energy card that almost EVERY deck uses, Double Colorless Energy. Also, you didn't prove your point AT ALL, all you were proving was why Mismagius Is good, you said that most decks typically run 2-3 floats 2-3 Choice bands, and if you lock that, you can do damage, AND, put your opponent in a terrible position, you were not arguing your point at all!