News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

Lukata

Aspiring Trainer
Octillery could work well with counter energy to get off a quick 150 damage in 1 turn with choice band.

Cooper

Aspiring Trainer
I like the first 2, I can definitely see some lockup play with them. I will use mismagius in my deck for sure.

Androsidy

Aspiring Trainer
Yes with mismagius you could play N to put cards in opponents hand. Use chaos wheel. Next turn they can't play some cards from their hand. After that use black magic plus choice band could be 150 damage and very disruptive.

Matthew the Fairy Lover

The Lover of everything Fairy
I like the Mismagius card, could make a great deck when partnered with Generations Wobbuffet, if that card is still in rotation when the Mismagius comes out. It's a shame it has the Darkness weakness as Darkrai decks got a boost in Darkrai GX. But let's see what happens ;)

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
I like the Mismagius card, could make a great deck when partnered with Generations Wobbuffet, if that card is still in rotation when the Mismagius comes out. It's a shame it has the Darkness weakness as Darkrai decks got a boost in Darkrai GX. But let's see what happens ;)
It is, Generations is one of the sets that's still legal in Standard.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Mismagius - Stage 1, 1 Energy Chaos Wheel, Weak to Darkrai, RC of 1, 4 Geodudes
  • Xerneas - Does it mean we'll see Dialga, Terrakion, and Cobalion in this set? Because in Shining Legends, we have Palkia, Yveltal, Keldeo and Virizion but other pairs not (also Kyurem). Anyways, the card is not particularly good for me. 2-3 Geodudes
  • Octillery - It's fine but not particularly great. 3 Geodudes. I didn't notice the good part of it, it can OHKO Volcanion for weakness even without a Choice Band. The downside is you need to discard a Special Energy which you mustn't do. Special Charge is not enough for it to recover energy. Yes Puzzle can do, but remember, Garbodor.

Last edited:

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
First Kartana GX and now Mismagius. There seems to be a lot of anti-special energy coming into the game, and they are both incredibly playable in already playable decks. I never imagined that they would make playing Sycamore a disadvantage against any deck. If you hold onto too many cards to avoid Trashalanche building up, then you're just going to get smacked by Black Magic instead. Weakness to Darkness is kind of bad, more so in expanded, but there needs to be checks & balances so it's fine.

I almost want to like Xerneas since it is an option to search for supporters with a full bench, colorless so you can put it in any deck, but this card has little value so long as N exists in the game.

Any Octillery that isn't Abyssal Hand Octillery is IMO not worth playing, and the attack requirement is horrible usage of special energy. There's no reason to use a Rainbow or Splash Energy on this to attack for 120. There are much better attackers.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Personally I think the weakness to Darkness from Mismagius is not a problem: it has 110 HP: it's going to get knocked out by Darkrai-GX anyway! Imagine: Red Card + Garbotoxin + Chaos Veil in the same turn. Your opponent would be utterly shut off from pretty well everything. That is a highly playable deck and one I have very high hopes for. The Sun and Moon era is really giving us some powerful, single Psychic energy attacks!

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
That Mismagius is disgusting. I remember people talking about Trevenant GRI pairing with GRIbodor, and I think this will be much more potent.

I know it is, but I'm saying if the Wobbuffet will still be legal when this Mismagius comes out in the Western parts of the world.
This should be in Crimson Invasion in November.

Elray

Expanded Player
I could see Octillery becoming a silly budget deck, just run a bunch of special energy (including the new Counter Energy) and 3 or 4 Special Charge.

EDIT: Also, Xerneas wouldn't be so bad of a tech card in Gardevoir-GX decks. It would help against the Alolan Ninetales matchup since Hex Maniac rotated out of Standard. A Xerneas start wouldn't be so bad since you could search for a supporter without Lele.

Last edited:

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
Mismagius weakness to dark I think is an advantage vs other Garb decks, and I haven't seen too many Darkrai decks being played online. Both its attacks are great as chaos wheel limits opponent's play and second attack although 3 energy (2 if dce) can be quite harmful especially vs psychic weakness.

Octillery is also interesting. I see it fitting into a Lapras gx as a potential counter to baby Ninetales....I guess it could fit into most decks playing Octillery (breakthrough) but need the water energy.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Mismagius weakness to dark I think is an advantage vs other Garb decks, and I haven't seen too many Darkrai decks being played online. Both its attacks are great as chaos wheel limits opponent's play and second attack although 3 energy (2 if dce) can be quite harmful especially vs psychic weakness.

Octillery is also interesting. I see it fitting into a Lapras gx as a potential counter to baby Ninetales....I guess it could fit into most decks playing Octillery (breakthrough) but need the water energy.
You're right. I've seen virtually no Dark online, and I play a lot of both Standard and Expanded with Espeon Garb. Mismagius doesn't have much to worry about weakness-wise, IMO.