News 'Pokémon Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon' Coming in November for the 3DS!

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
they explicitly stated
-it's an alternate version of SM, not sequels taking place after
-there WILL be new pokemon we havent seen in SM

• Pretty sure they called Black & White 2 alternate versions of Black & White
  • Since these games will be a continuation of Gen 7, that means that the only possible "new" Pokemon are Pokemon we couldn't find in Sun and Moon and new inter-changeable formes.

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
I'm definitely positive these games will have a bigger focus on Ultra Space and the Ultra Beasts. I would've preferred a direct sequel like B2W2, as an alternative storyline to the original gen 7 games seems a lil cheap considering it'll be only a year between release dates, but I do hope in creating an alternate story they focus more on the Ultra Space aspect and have the postgame "story" of Sun and Moon be more embedded into the main campaign. Hey maybe we even get to spend some time in Ultra Space and possibly get new Ultra Beasts.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I'm definitely positive these games will have a bigger focus on Ultra Space and the Ultra Beasts. I would've preferred a direct sequel like B2W2, as an alternative storyline to the original gen 7 games seems a lil cheap considering it'll be only a year between release dates, but I do hope in creating an alternate story they focus more on the Ultra Space aspect and have the postgame "story" of Sun and Moon be more embedded into the main campaign. Hey maybe we even get to spend some time in Ultra Space and possibly get new Ultra Beasts.

How I see it right now is maybe going through Ultra Space from the Sun/Moon version of Alola to the version of Alolan in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.

Feels like I'm grasping at straws right now; but this is what I'm thinking.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Way too little information here to judge these games.

Wasn't too impressed by S/M and Gen VI felt stale so these will have to be something really interesting if GF wants into my wallet again so soon.

Same. With every other Pokemon game, it was incredibly enjoyable to replay but when I played Sun and then played Moon, it felt like a slog and I was glad when it was over. I haven't touch the games since.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Since this is an alternate SM, maybe in this world the UB are just normal legendary. Maybe they have different forms. Necrozma who was a normal legendary is now considered UltraBeast hence the ability to merge.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Way too little information here to judge these games.

Wasn't too impressed by S/M and Gen VI felt stale so these will have to be something really interesting if GF wants into my wallet again so soon.

I agree. For me, this game was too boring and repetitive. Perhaps they thought removing the gyms was enough to make it interesting. Idk. But yeah, this is the first time in my life that I am not going to buy a main Pokemon game blindly, and actually see what it has to offer. And if it does not deliver, well, that would be the first time that I won't buy a new main Pokemon game.

EDIT: And these new ugly forms do not help them either.

Raptor877

Aspiring Trainer
I'm a bit confused over the subtitles stating "An alternative story".
When Masuda is saying "Another story/One more story" set in Sun & Moon.

Also subtitles states "New pokemon which didn't appear in Sun & Moon will appear too"
While Masuda saying just "Pokemon that didn't appear in Sun & Moon will appear too"

KiKi

Team Harmony
I wanna point out that UB Solgaleo and UB Lunala are both in their Radiant Sun and Full Moon Phases...

Maybe they can only fuse with Necrozma in this phase...

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
How I see it right now is maybe going through Ultra Space from the Sun/Moon version of Alola to the version of Alolan in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.

I don't know how much of a direct connection there'll be to the first pair of games, but these are most likely getting the Crystal/Emerald/Platinum treatment where it'll be like 75% the same thing as the originals, just more refined.

Artifactor

Poet lost in static.
I'm thinking that the new forms of Solgaleo and Lunala could be called Solgaleo Eclipsedform and Lunala Eclipsed form, I'm assuming that their new types would be Metal/Dark and Psychic/Dark

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer

That defintely seems like a possibility, a good one at that. But as you said, we don't have much to go.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
Seems like I share the opinion many of you have: I'm relatively unimpressed. A bit sad, really, considering we're on a Pokémon board. I understand they don't want to reveal too much too soon, but I've come to loathe how TPCi's MO is to show off as little as possible upon reveal -- and proceed to reveal 90% of the new features before release, anyway. Show off more in the beginning so you can better spread out the information and build hype gradually.

Another part of my disappointment stems from the fact that USUM appears to be taking cues from what I believe to be the worst part of the "extra" games: like the third versions, the story sounds to be relatively unchanged, and like the sequel games, there's two of them, each focusing on an apparent fusion. I hope there's some amount of "sequel" to USUM, otherwise I'd prefer if they had just made a single Stars/Prism/Eclipse.

That being said, I'm sure my opinion will change as we see what USUM is really all about. Maybe there will be some bigger changes to the story than it currently seems; gyms in those empty plots would be a good start.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I wanna point out that UB Solgaleo and UB Lunala are both in their Radiant Sun and Full Moon Phases...

Maybe they can only fuse with Necrozma in this phase...

Or perhaps fusing with Necrozma inhibits their emotions and causes them to go into those phases?

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
Did anyone notice we got a sneak peak underneath Mimikyu's cloth....
Another mystery unveiled!

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
There was nothing revealed about the story, so what are you going on about?
Apologies if my wording upset you, but I merely interpreted the use of "alternative" as a minor retelling, in the same vein as the third versions. I'd gladly take a revised story ala B2W2, so I'd love if my initial interpretation was wrong!

EdwardJP

It was me, Dio!
I'm interested but not impressed or excited. I still feel fatigued from Alola and slightly annoyed by all the corners they had to cut due to the 3DS' hardware limitations.

Here's hoping they fix festival plaza because that feature was hot garbage.