News 'Pokémon Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon' Coming in November for the 3DS!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Video Games' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Deck Maker Xerneas Deck Builder
    Deck Maker Xerneas

Actually, with the release of the full artwork for the new Solagleo and Lunala, the solgaleo and lunala parts of the Pokemon seem more like illusions or projections of the Pokemon rather than the actual thing. Perhaps this is Necrozma using some sort of power to imitate the legendary Pokemon's form. Maybe it can function sort of like a better ditto or the such.

EdwardJP, Metalizard and Elray like this.

2. King Arceus Aspiring Trainer
    King Arceus

Elite Member Advanced Member Member

This is the first time I'm not really excited about a new main series game. There is little information given because they spent a lot more time than necessary on Pokken for Switch. The only part of the direct I cared for was Gold & Silver coming to virtual console.

3. Rcxd9999 Aspiring Trainer
    Rcxd9999

It was stated in the game that Necrozma has been on Earth for a long time. Perhaps these games will go into detail about that. How it can fuse with Solgaleo and Lunala remains to be seen.

4. Lukata Aspiring Trainer
    Lukata

Yeah although B&W2 did introduce new routes and towns and you started on a whole new part of unova, it wasn't just the same game with black and white kyurem added. There was 8 all new gyms etc and in my opinion it worked well as a kind of sequel to B&W

Eggrolls13 and Bolt the Cat like this.
  5. Hackzo23 Nerd? i prefer the term, intellectual badass
    Hackzo23

Is it just me or does solgaleo look like it came straight out of Zoids?
    I've always thought it looked similar to the white liger especially since its shiny form is red. But with Necrozma being his "attachments", makes me think it even more so.

6. Rcxd9999 Aspiring Trainer
    Rcxd9999

I'm the opposite then. I'm excited for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon but the Virtual console release of Gold and Silver bore me as I still have my copies of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

7. AuraJackle Aspiring Trainer
    AuraJackle

and it's on 3ds just to point that out to all you 3ds haters who think switch is all that matters

8. Zygarde Z-Dawg
    Zygarde

So that's why they didn't include the whole dex in Sun and Moon. Now it won't be weird for them to add new alolan forms for Pokémon that were not on the original Alola Dex. This pretty much excludes any mon that was available in the originals though. Hope all the recent GS nostalgia cash grabs make us get Johto alolan forms.

9. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

I thought the same thing. xD

Liger Zero upgrade?

Hackzo23 likes this.
  10. Tails The Blonde Brainiac
    Tails

Forum Mod Advanced Member Member

Ultra versions of Sun and Moon weren't something I was anticipating; but I was pleased to see they didn't go the whole "Pokemon [Stars] Switch" route.

I do wonder how Necrozma will fuse with Solgaleo and Lunala. Perhaps the DNA Splicers will get a second use? Probably not; they'll probably just come up with a "sister version" that does the same thing...

11. Rcxd9999 Aspiring Trainer
    Rcxd9999

It seems like you're correct. The only question now is how will Necrozma be able to change formes if not by fusing with Solgaleo or Lunala.

Attached Files:

12. Yog Rogue
    Yog

All it said was alternate storyline, nothing about timelines or dimensions or any of the conclusions I've seen people jump to.

As in, it won't just be the exact same story again with add-ons. e.g. B2W2 had an alternate storyline to BW. Probably just set a few years later in a slightly tweaked Alola. Maybe those empty lots have Gyms now, that kind of thing.

13. Tapu Lele Inflated and Overstocked
    Tapu Lele

Where is this press site?

14. Rcxd9999 Aspiring Trainer
    Rcxd9999

Here's an interesting image. Note the line "Nintendo Switch: [​IMG] TBA"...

15. Mitja veteran smartass
    Mitja

they explicitly stated
    -it's an alternate version of SM, not sequels taking place after
    -there WILL be new pokemon we havent seen in SM

16. GM DracLord Shadow of Death
    GM DracLord

Hard to say, but they looks super weird. It doesn't have the feeling like Black/White Kyurem have. We might actually see more Alolan form from different generations

17. Mitja veteran smartass
    Mitja

I breathed a sigh of relief :'D

18. Jake_Silberman Competitive PTCG Player
    Jake_Silberman

It doesn't say anywhere on their press site that the games are releasing for Switch.

19. Tails The Blonde Brainiac
    Tails

Forum Mod Advanced Member Member

If they do release US/UM for the Switch, there shouldn't be that drastic of a product change from handheld to home console.

The only thing that could be on the Switch port would be walking Pokemon; something a home console can handle better than a handheld.

That's just me.

20. Perfect_Shot Standard sucks, so Ban Expanded
    Perfect_Shot

Way too little information here to judge these games.

Wasn't too impressed by S/M and Gen VI felt stale so these will have to be something really interesting if GF wants into my wallet again so soon.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

Vracken, Yakkov