News 'Pokémon Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon' Coming in November for the 3DS!

Deck Maker Xerneas

Deck Builder
At this point, with the very limited knowledge we have with the like 30 sec trailer, the "new Pokemon" really feel like a lazy black kyurem/white kyurem rehash with necrozma and our two original cover legendaries. I could end up being entirely wrong. It's still too early to tell.

As for the alternate timeline thing. I'm on the fence. At this moment, I will say that I would've preferred a sequel, as now it feels like they didn't like the original Pokemon Sun and Moon storyline and need to rewrite it. However, I am definitely willing to stay open-minded as I have never truly been disappointed by a main series Pokemon game before.
Actually, with the release of the full artwork for the new Solagleo and Lunala, the solgaleo and lunala parts of the Pokemon seem more like illusions or projections of the Pokemon rather than the actual thing. Perhaps this is Necrozma using some sort of power to imitate the legendary Pokemon's form. Maybe it can function sort of like a better ditto or the such.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
This is the first time I'm not really excited about a new main series game. There is little information given because they spent a lot more time than necessary on Pokken for Switch. The only part of the direct I cared for was Gold & Silver coming to virtual console.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Almost took the 'Ultra' at face value, but it's clearly supposed to refer to the Ultra Beasts. Does this suggest Necrozma is a UB? It's separated from them in S&M but hmm. I wonder what kind of lore we'll see regarding the UBs.

It was stated in the game that Necrozma has been on Earth for a long time. Perhaps these games will go into detail about that. How it can fuse with Solgaleo and Lunala remains to be seen.

Lukata

Aspiring Trainer
Then again, didn't B2W2 do the same thing? It came out just about two years later, but people still loved it. The gap's a bit closer this time, but who knows? Maybe it'll be the same.

I'm personally not sure what to think of this right now; reading this as laziness on TPC's part for now.
Yeah although B&W2 did introduce new routes and towns and you started on a whole new part of unova, it wasn't just the same game with black and white kyurem added. There was 8 all new gyms etc and in my opinion it worked well as a kind of sequel to B&W

Hackzo23

Nerd? i prefer the term, intellectual badass
Is it just me or does solgaleo look like it came straight out of Zoids?
I've always thought it looked similar to the white liger especially since its shiny form is red. But with Necrozma being his "attachments", makes me think it even more so.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
This is the first time I'm not really excited about a new main series game. There is little information given because they spent a lot more time than necessary on Pokken for Switch. The only part of the direct I cared for was Gold & Silver coming to virtual console.

I'm the opposite then. I'm excited for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon but the Virtual console release of Gold and Silver bore me as I still have my copies of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
So that's why they didn't include the whole dex in Sun and Moon. Now it won't be weird for them to add new alolan forms for Pokémon that were not on the original Alola Dex. This pretty much excludes any mon that was available in the originals though. Hope all the recent GS nostalgia cash grabs make us get Johto alolan forms.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Is it just me or does solgaleo look like it came straight out of Zoids?
I've always thought it looked similar to the white liger especially since its shiny form is red. But with Necrozma being his "attachments", makes me think it even more so.
I thought the same thing. xD

Liger Zero upgrade?

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Ultra versions of Sun and Moon weren't something I was anticipating; but I was pleased to see they didn't go the whole "Pokemon [Stars] Switch" route.

I do wonder how Necrozma will fuse with Solgaleo and Lunala. Perhaps the DNA Splicers will get a second use? Probably not; they'll probably just come up with a "sister version" that does the same thing...

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Actually, with the release of the full artwork for the new Solagleo and Lunala, the solgaleo and lunala parts of the Pokemon seem more like illusions or projections of the Pokemon rather than the actual thing. Perhaps this is Necrozma using some sort of power to imitate the legendary Pokemon's form. Maybe it can function sort of like a better ditto or the such.

It seems like you're correct. The only question now is how will Necrozma be able to change formes if not by fusing with Solgaleo or Lunala.

Attachments

• DBpOusxXgAIdpum.jpg
    DBpOusxXgAIdpum.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 16

Yog

Rogue
As for the alternate timeline thing. I'm on the fence. At this moment, I will say that I would've preferred a sequel, as now it feels like they didn't like the original Pokemon Sun and Moon storyline and need to rewrite it. However, I am definitely willing to stay open-minded as I have never truly been disappointed by a main series Pokemon game before.

All it said was alternate storyline, nothing about timelines or dimensions or any of the conclusions I've seen people jump to.

As in, it won't just be the exact same story again with add-ons. e.g. B2W2 had an alternate storyline to BW. Probably just set a few years later in a slightly tweaked Alola. Maybe those empty lots have Gyms now, that kind of thing.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Here's an interesting image. Note the line "Nintendo Switch:
fgifZvyTRs6t3Mernzrw_DBpR_nOWAAAVMR3.jpg:large
TBA"...

Mitja

veteran smartass
Seeing as they're releasing two sister games for Pokemon Sun and Moon, I hope that they go along the Black & White 2 route and make them sequels that take place a couple years after the events of the original games and give us new areas to go to, maybe even a new area to start from. Maybe we'll see Lillie and Lusamine again!

Also, these Necrozma/Solgaleo and Necrozma/Lunala fusions look awesome. I wonder what the story behind this fusion is going to be about as they didn't even give us any hints unlike how they did with Kyurem. This will definitely be interesting.

Another thing, since this is a continuation of Gen 7, we won't be seeing any new Pokemon but as you can see here, we'll definitely be seeing some new formes.

they explicitly stated
-it's an alternate version of SM, not sequels taking place after
-there WILL be new pokemon we havent seen in SM

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Hard to say, but they looks super weird. It doesn't have the feeling like Black/White Kyurem have. We might actually see more Alolan form from different generations

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
If they do release US/UM for the Switch, there shouldn't be that drastic of a product change from handheld to home console.

The only thing that could be on the Switch port would be walking Pokemon; something a home console can handle better than a handheld.

That's just me.

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Way too little information here to judge these games.

Wasn't too impressed by S/M and Gen VI felt stale so these will have to be something really interesting if GF wants into my wallet again so soon.