News Mythical Pokemon Collections

PacNat

Breathing World Champion
Woah, next week's the 1st of July? And to think that I don't even have Manaphy and Jirachi yet...

I BETTER SAVE UP MY MONEY TO WASTE ALL ON SHAYMIN

swapforce1

Shaymin lover
With Shaymin ( land ) being my Favorite Pokemon of all time and FINALLY a Pokebeach artical starring the adorable lil hedgehog I feal contractually oblagated to write a extremly heartfelt review of everything Shaymin land. So here it is.

The Movie : Shaymin is a sort of sassy but really cute Pokemon who wishes to go the the flower garden to fly off as sky form. Shaymin gets emotionaly close to Dawn ( My Pokegirl crush ).

The Cards
Shaymin Lv.X 126-127 ( The only Shaymin I need )
Im guessing it was verry playable because you can easily attach energy and do more damage for doing so.

Shaymin 27-127
The art is cute but I don`t think it saw any play.

Shaymin 14 - 127

The art is cute but I don`t think it saw any play.

This promo :
The art is DOWNRIGHT ADORABLE but unfortunatly it wont see play. Maybe a proxy for Shaymin ex

The game :
Im not a competive player so I dont know how good Shaymin is.

The best qoute from the movie : Thanks to me your all safe and sound arn`t you grateful im around.

As you guys can tell Im a drop dead fan of Shaymin but unfortatly the 16.00 usa translates to 20.00 can. meaning that my 40 bucks I have cant go to the Steam Seige pre-release instead it must go the the cutest hedgehog of them all : SHAYMIN

MechanicalMarine

Princess Peach
Wow, Pokémon card scalpers.
Never thought I'd live to see the day.
We've went from little plastic figurines to pieces of cardboard.

nice

ZygardeChronicles

PMD5 when
I like the art. It's very cute and beautiful. But I have yet to get Manaphy because it has been sold out literally everywhere.
EDIT: Finally got a Manaphy collection. Pulled just another Gardevoir EX

Last edited:

chella182

Aspiring Trainer
Not out until the 17th here :( I almost missed out on Manaphy but my awesome local card shop managed to get me one (for RRP as well, not double the price), so I'm hoping they can do the same with Shaymin. I've already pre-ordered all the rest to avoid future disappointment!

I've mentioned it a few times before in threads like this one, but the price difference between the US and UK is absolutely astounding. So these boxes retail for $12.99? They retail for £11.99 here, which is about £3.50 more expensive (probably worse since the £ has just tanked thanks to us leaving the EU!). I guess there's less demand here so they charge more? Idk.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I've mentioned it a few times before in threads like this one, but the price difference between the US and UK is absolutely astounding. So these boxes retail for $12.99? They retail for £11.99 here, which is about £3.50 more expensive (probably worse since the £ has just tanked thanks to us leaving the EU!). I guess there's less demand here so they charge more? Idk.

That's mostly because of taxes. IIRC, Britain is like the EU in that products for sale in stores or online already include VAT. Not only is VAT in Europe higher than American sales tax, but the US$12.99 MSRP is a pre-tax price, since different regions in the US have different tax rates (and you can often buy stuff online without having to pay sales tax). If you assume that approximately 20% of the price is VAT, then the UK and US prices are much more similar.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
That Shaymin plush looks SOOOOOO huggable, I might be tempted to get one if GAME gets them in stock. Only time I've seen them with the plushes in store so far was Mew and Darkrai

chella182

Aspiring Trainer
That's mostly because of taxes. IIRC, Britain is like the EU in that products for sale in stores or online already include VAT. Not only is VAT in Europe higher than American sales tax, but the US$12.99 MSRP is a pre-tax price, since different regions in the US have different tax rates (and you can often buy stuff online without having to pay sales tax). If you assume that approximately 20% of the price is VAT, then the UK and US prices are much more similar.
You know, I didn't even think about VAT and stuff. I guess because all advertised prices here include it like you say. And Britain is in the EU ;) well, for now!
I didn't know that $12.99 would be a pre-tax price either though - I've never been to the states - so I guess that makes sense.

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
Went to Toys r Us today to get the Shaymin figure, they didn't get any in. But they did have 6 of the plushes on the shelf.

Is Shaymin not as wanted as others? Gamestop usually only get's 2 plushes in and they are gone pretty quick, same with every other Pokemon before sold at TRU.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Arceus's first attack would have been better as a Poke-ability.

For the first time ever I actually found the plush that gets released for this.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
I really wish it had the attack of the previous Arceus we got, for the purpose of yelling taste the rainbow after powering it up off togekiss.

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.
Just got all this stuff today! Also, Gamestop has the 2" figure in the Master Ball...along with Arceus lanyards, keychains and t-shirts. They're going all out for this promo like with Darkrai.