Rowlet, Litten, Popplio from the Alola Region!

Also, do you think Lillie might work for the bad team, but works undercover as an assistant for the professor? You never know.

Ok so first off...Lillie for some reason I immediately thought that she could be Diantha's daughter or something. Second the rotomdex is going to finally allow us to understand what our pokemon are saying.

Also, do you think Lillie might work for the bad team, but works undercover as an assistant for the professor? You never know.

A good possibility.

Another speculation I came up with a few days ago is that we would have a friend that we battle with (Hau), but we would both have a snooty, rich rival that competes against us. Judging by the way she's dressed, Lillie could come from a wealthy family (who could possibly have connections with the evil team, hence their wealth). She's against battling, but on the other hand, so was N, but he still used Pokemon to battle you in B/W. And the expression she has in her artwork doesn't look very friendly.

TL;DR, I may not have been too far off with my initial idea.

So the dex rotom will be the first Pokemon in the main series that you own but cannot battle with?
Or maybe you can separate them somehow?
Having a smart pokedex is great, but it feels like we are getting a "dex slave"...
Maybe the game will explain that the rotom prefer this than battling.

How bout this much water IGN???

Rotom Pokédex is the best thing that ever existed. Also, Lunala gets multiscale? Team Moon FTW!

Ugh, GF managed to get me hyped for these games.

I'm quite disappointed to see both legend having Psychic type since there quite a few with that type.. Too bad Lunala have extreme dark weakness.. and their Ability completely unrelated to one another, unlike previous duos IIRC

I'm surprised by the lion legend's typing. The bat one was rather obvious. Rotom pokedex looks amazing. As for that Lillie girl, I'm betting she's connected to Alola's villainous team. There are four islands? Welp, poor everyone that complained how the region looks small when the first trailer premiered. Too bad no new pokemon were revealed. Is there a chance Coro Coro might reveal something that wasn't shown today? Anyway, very excited and hyped for this.

Oh my god,
finally.

I'm going get in trouble for being on Pokebeach right now, but this is too good.

Anyways, Solgaleo is just another Metagross it seems, but Lunala is pretty interesting because it's unique.

Welp, hope you don't mind if I toss my two cents in quickly as well!! Sorry the points are a little disjointed though, too much going on to think straight :'D

Admittedly, the typing of the legendaries caught me off guard, but I think it's pretty clever in what it's referencing ~

- For the Steel part of Solgaleo, I daresay that's referencing the core of our Sun, and stars in general. In a very brief/abridged take on things, as a star continues to produce light/heat/etc through nuclear fission, it steadily keeps creating heavier and heavier element layers within itself, until it hits Iron (aka Steel in Pokémon-verse). Iron is at the core of every star, and continues to build up until it outweighs the other elements, disrupting the fission, and causing the star to collapse under it's own gravity and either explodes into supernova or implodes into a black hole, either way, that's the sun devouring part of the lion.
- For Lunala, that's pretty easy, Ghost stories are always nighttime affairs, with the shadows only making them more powerful ~
- For both, Psychic has always been the counterpart to Dark, so I feel like this is Gamefreak saying "Psychic = Light" to possibly try and settle that rampant demand from some fans once and for all. :'D
- As for the attacks, now that's something that has me curious. Both signature moves state that they 'disregard the target’s Ability' - Unless I don't know my abilities as well as I should, I don't think there's any abilities yet that block Ghost or Steel type moves, so that may be a hint at some new abilities to come in G7??
- The map description states that one of the islands in the region is man-made, which I'm guessing is that white island smack in the middle of the map, and that it's a battle facility of sorts, more than likely a battle frontier, since they do seem to like building those out of the way of the main cities/routes.
- On the note of islands, looking at how they've depicted these islands, I'm guessing we all start on Oahu, and would progress eastwards first, through each island until we hit the Big Island, then working our way back to Kauai in the west for the climax of the game, since it seems to have major ruins there, which look kinda similar to what we see in the BG for the legendary duo.

Anyway, that's all I have for now, cheers all ~

So apparently it's been confirmed that the Nintendo Treehouse event is going to show Sun/Moon and GO news over a 3-day span. So ready for this.

I am interested about Lillie. She has green yes, in japan culture green yes or hair point that the person naive and simple-minded. Also in island pictires: when close look on first one definately can see that the standing alone house on beach - Kukui house.

This is just my opinion but the artificial island in the middle could be the Pokemon League because I can't see any other locations that could be the Pokemon League. Another place that peaks my interest is the giant tree as that seems to be the location of a legendary (or something else).

Notice in the video thumbnail that the male trainer is wearing that mysterious yellow diamond on his wrist instead of a mega stone!

Wouldn't it be interesting if they tried to implement a BREAK type appearance alongside mega evolutions? Granted, the girl's bracelet has a blue diamond, but what if the gold diamond made one of your Pokemon (any non-mega evolution) turn gold and this raised its stats and HP for a short period of time? That would be a cool TCG/video game crossover.

This was a very nice birthday present! I was a bit surprised to see Solgaleo being Psychic/Steel instead of Fire, but like @ittybittyskitty said, the core is of iron so it made sense to me. Love the region, and I cannot wait to get out exploring it with my very own lil Rowlet :D

This is just my opinion but the artificial island in the middle could be the Pokemon League because I can't see any other locations that could be the Pokemon League. Another place that peaks my interest is the giant tree as that seems to be the location of a legendary (or something else).

I think that tall stone platform on the far left island looks like a good "reaching for the sky" monument. That's where my money is at for legendary hunting. :D

I think pokemon league take a place on island, that covers with snow on mountains. I don't understand why so many pokemoncenters. Literally at every step. Island on the middle look empty and abandoned.

so looking at the 2 trailers it looks like the north most island is where we start, as you can see the platform the 3 starters were shown on, the big building by the platform is likely the professor's house and the 3 below are likely yours/hau/lillie

a little north of the platform looks like a path into a forest so that's likely the typical starting forest all the games have where you encounter the early bug pokemon.

the first/second gym is likely the schoolyard looking area in the middle of the first island next to a pokemon center, alternatively it could be in the bottom left of the island below the other pokemon center. (as there are 4 island they should have 2 each though one may have 3)

there appears to be 12~ towns with pokemon centers and likely 13-16 total towns which is about the same average as the other games.

Psychic/Steel ?

Psychic/Dark ?

Nice types you got there, it would be a REAL shame if somebody pursuit trapped you....

- For the Steel part of Solgaleo, I daresay that's referencing the core of our Sun, and stars in general. In a very brief/abridged take on things, as a star continues to produce light/heat/etc through nuclear fission, it steadily keeps creating heavier and heavier element layers within itself, until it hits Iron (aka Steel in Pokémon-verse). Iron is at the core of every star, and continues to build up until it outweighs the other elements, disrupting the fission, and causing the star to collapse under it's own gravity and either explodes into supernova or implodes into a black hole, either way, that's the sun devouring part of the lion.

First off, its nuclear fusion, not fission. Fission is the process that creates nuclear bombs, fusion is the process that provides a sustainable energy source.

Some other things, many stars do not contain Fe in their core. Depending on the stars size, H and He fusion may never produce elements as heavy as Fe, as such the death of a star is constrained by the amount of H left to fuse, and not with how much Fe is being produced. When a star runs out of H, it expands as it tries to salvage its energy source by fusing the heavier elements (which is why it expands to begin with, as the fusion of heavier elements releases more energy, expanding the stars surface area). This process of expansion and fusion of heavier elements is often when drives stars to even create Fe.

Once there is simply no more fuse-able elements left in the star, it then collapses under its own gravity as the energy released from fusion is what was keeping the star large.

I like to think the Steel typing is simply a typing that they are associating with space and meteors. Jirachi is based on a wishing star and while those are not actual stars, it appears that Solgaleo isn't an actual star either, but more of a meteor/comet that encircles the sun. Meteors are rich with metals and Psychic is the type of choice for space related things so Psychic/Steel is a type that makes sense in a round-a-bout way.

Still would have preferred some variation of Fire or Electric typing, but I am a fan of Solgaleo's signature move.

Back