Rowlet, Litten, Popplio from the Alola Region!

Bulbakool

Aspiring Trainer
Anyone else find it ironic that the Pokemon of the sun is x2 weak against fire it being a psychic/steel type and the Pokemon of the moon is x4 weak against dark, it being a psychic/ghost type.
I think there is something to it. Cause it seems pretty weird that the sun Pokemon which in theory should be associated with fire is weak to it and the moon Pokemon which should be associated with darkness is weak to dark. Maybe something in the story will explain this. And seeing as how solgaleos attack says it crashes down like a meteor it could be based off of meteorites that move around the sun or something and as we know jirachi is based off of a shoting star wish is a meteor and it's psychic and steel

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
Maybe this gen will finally introduce a big fat amount of new moves..
It also got me thinking.. gen 6 brought us Mega evoulutions, which boost the stats and often change types and abilities. So what can they do now? A new mechanic (maybe called break evolution lol) that allows the new form to use more than 4 moves. As with mega Pokemon, such a new feature will be restricted to 1 per team. I think that would be intersting for a valid alternative for Mega evolution when choosing your team in a competitive battle.

Who knows? I'd say its a interesting mechanic. That and I am banking on the chance there's going to be a lot of Dual-type moves and/or moves with special type coverage, like Flying Press and Freeze Dry, plus moves with special effects to bypass Abilities.

Last edited:

Chocolate Death

I should be the Water Trial Captain now!
The wrist bands...
Lillie...
Serperior in the QR...
What does all this mean?! Find out on the next exciting episode of Sun and Moon News!

Keraunos

Aspiring Trainer
Is it getting hot in here or it's just Professor Kukui's HOTNESS? Wowee! ;-) (I'm sorry Shizui-sama!)

I'm really surprised about the lion legendary's typing. I can't tell if I'm disappointed in their typing or not. Anyway, I'm pumped to play that male character, looks cool. The girl, on the other hand, her hat looks so ridiculous!

PS; Nice reference to Malasada, so good! I'm really excited to play the Alola region since Hoenn, the RS *winks* I hate D/P SO much. B/W are okay. XY are lot of fun to play but still disappointing. Alola, please don't disappoint me! <3

Chrono

Ragin' Cajun
Psychic/Ghost. Wow, two different 4x weaknesses to relatively common types is gonna render this thing all but useless. That's really quite a pity because I like its design quite a bit. Interested to see both of their movesets and stats, though.

Purrloin

Given how many random QR code generating websites exist, I give it about a week before the Pokemon community compiles codes for the entire Pokedex.

HEZ

Aspiring Trainer
No big fat chibi heads in the overworld, no ugly round bases under Pokemon in battle. It looks SO much better this way! *___*

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
I think there is something to it. Cause it seems pretty weird that the sun Pokemon which in theory should be associated with fire is weak to it and the moon Pokemon which should be associated with darkness is weak to dark.

While Solgaleo's steel typing will possibly be the question for years to come (even though some explanations I've heard make sense), Lunala's typing made the most sense as Dark type isn't about actual darkness since in Japan it is known as the "evil-type".

Chocolate Death

I should be the Water Trial Captain now!
I was just thinking about an old idea I had for my own fakemon games, it was a feature to replace megas. It was a Solar form and Lunar Form (note: this was back when X and Y were out for 5 months), but I was wondering... What if that's what those watches are? Or maybe they're some kind of dial to navigate in some way?

Numelz Numelz

Ariadoney Clear Nail Polish
Has got to be the easiest Dex to fill by a Russia length. Welcome to the Internet people! Fill your pokedex before route 1!

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
I like the attention to detail for the region map. I can actually tell which island is which based. I know it probably won't matter to most people not from hawaii. But it's nice.

Also ice is not unheard of in hawaii. I want to say that is haleakala on Maui. Then again that should be the big Island. Either way, It gets cold up there, it has hailed. I myself have seen frost up there. They just exaggerated it a bit. I think its nice they added that an ice area.

Last edited:

ittybittyskitty

WannabePkmnProf
We have wonder guard :)

Anyways, I like the typing of Solgaleo. Did not expect that! Rotomdex looks awesome too. I like this a lot. Can't wait for release :D

I suppose that would count, but even then, Moongeist Beam would slip right through it without even having to ignore it, wouldn't it? :'D

First off, its nuclear fusion, not fission. Fission is the process that creates nuclear bombs, fusion is the process that provides a sustainable energy source.

That's what I get for typing things out at 4am in a hurry without thinking to double check. Thanks for correcting the science ~

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
If we're going to expand Rotom's possessions, then we need the next Sonic crossover to be in pokemon!

Attachments

• Rometalsonic.png
    Rometalsonic.png
    516.6 KB · Views: 2
  • RotomBrawl.png
    RotomBrawl.png
    353.1 KB · Views: 3

Nahiri

Never gonna be President now
Okay since no one's pointed it out; that island smack dab in the ocean looks an awful lot like something we've seen before...

And for dual-typed moves, the TCG could be hinting at this with Steam Siege having dual-typed Pokemon again. Coincidence that it just so happens to be the set Magearna debuts in? :p Flying Press was probably just a test to see how well it ran, and since everyone's Hawlucha and their mother runs it, well. Totally not just for convenience, nah.

Just dear GOD, don't give us those stupid Re-BURST forms.

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Okay since no one's pointed it out; that island smack dab in the ocean looks an awful lot like something we've seen before...

And for dual-typed moves, the TCG could be hinting at this with Steam Siege having dual-typed Pokemon again. Coincidence that it just so happens to be the set Magearna debuts in? :p Flying Press was probably just a test to see how well it ran, and since everyone's Hawlucha and their mother runs it, well. Totally not just for convenience, nah.

Just dear GOD, don't give us those stupid Re-BURST forms.

Actually, that building is on the top-right most island (the island that most closely resembles Maui but with an active volcanic flow)
Alola-Region-Island-2.jpg

Along the left side of this island, you can see the white and blue building with the fountain courtyard down the street from a Pokemon Center.

Spectre_Makoto

Elon Musk is Steve Jobs' Nobody!
Oh my god, you get a little buddy in your Pokedex. I love it!! I hope the Rotom dex is like another companion for Ash in the anime, considering it's a sentient being. Pretty convenient that Professor Oak has a Rotom don't you think...? I kinda wish it floated along with you as you're walking, or if it sits in front of you during battles as like a heads-up display. I mean in the manga they used their Pokedexes to keep tracks of HP and moves, etc. so it's not so far-fetched (no pun intended).

I don't know. I just love the idea in general. I like little buddies. I shall name it Edison and you can't stop me.