Contest The Fakers' Marathon! Final Score - 153!

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

S8X9Cxh.png
Sometimes fakers just need a challenge. Perhaps trying out a new mechanic, a new blank or even a new aesthetic. But sometimes, that’s just all a breeze or simply not in your ballpark. So have a new and a fresh community challenge! How fast can PB make quality cards? Let’s find out.

Welcome to PB’s Fakers' Marathon! This is a community 7-day event where the entire PB faking community will attempt to make the most image-based cards they possibly can within a single week. Anyone can participate - the text-based to the image-based, the beginners to the advanced! All you need to do is to be a PB member and read the rules below. If you’re new to this faking business and are keen to participate, check out our faking guide here.

How this Fakers' Marathon works:
  • The aim of this marathon is to make as many cards as possible using appropriate resources and software (see this starter’s guide). These cards can be of any (yes, any) Pokemon (fakemon or official) you like. Duplicate species of Pokemon from different members are allowed.
  • Both text-fakers and image-fakers can participate! The text-fakers can provide the spoilers for the image-fakers, by simply posting them in this thread. This is an important job, since it is quicker than the image-fakers designing spoilers themselves.
  • Artists are more then welcome to make art for cards!
  • To submit cards, simply post them in this thread. For obvious reasons, it is better to bulk post rather than individually post each card. We also ask you to post a link to the card underneath the card image, so it is easier on the host to log.
  • The host will be looking over cards to make sure they abide by all rules. They also will count and log each card.
  • This marathon begins IMMEDIATELY and will last seven days, ending on Thursday, April 28th at 11:50 PM EDT.
  • Points are scored as follows:
    • non-holo cards - 1 point
    • holo rare cards - 3 points
    • ultra rare cards (e.g. EX, ex, Lv.X, Secret Rare, LEGEND) - 10 points
Rules:
  • All cards must be quality. They should not be scrappily put together. This means the correct fonts, symbols and placements should be used. The host has the right to reject any card if it is not up to standard.
  • Players may use any blank, official or custom.
  • Any form of card generators is NOT allowed, as this defeats the purpose of this marathon.
  • All cards submitted for the marathon must use this [link] symbol as the card symbol at the bottom right, created by @bbninjas.
  • All artwork used must be used with permission from the artist and be credited on the card itself. We have compiled a list of artists that give their permission to use their art here. You're more than welcome to seek other artists and not reserve yourself to the list.
  • Cheating the system by submitting replicas of cards that you’ve published online before the marathon has begun is not cool. Same situation with submitting cards that are extremely similar to ones that you’ve already submitted for the marathon. These will not be allowed!
  • You may not copy the text from the official cards. Any instances of this will lead to immediate removal of the card(s) and docking of 5 points!

ENDS APRIL 28th (11:50 PM EDT)

Special thanks to @Jabberwock for the fantastic banner!

Last edited by a moderator:

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
ATTENTION ALL IMAGE FAKERS!

Since I can't image-fake, I'm offering myself as a freelance spoiler maker! PM/Skype if interested.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
ATTENTION ALL IMAGE FAKERS!

Since I can't image-fake, I'm offering myself as a freelance spoiler maker! PM/Skype if interested.

Feel free to just post random spoilers in thread too! Image fakers can just drop by and "adopt" a spoiler (say that they are going to use it). It's quicker this way. :p

professorlight

Ice Queen
This will be interesting to watch; I have a lot of work and I probably won't be able to participate in this too much, but if there's someone who would like to see their card in my blanks, feel free to ask me; I think I could manage one or two, if they provide the art.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Feel free to just post random spoilers in thread too! Image fakers can just drop by and "adopt" a spoiler (say that they are going to use it). It's quicker this way. :p
I'll do that too, but if you want a specific one you can request a specific Pokémon. There's 720+ forms! :p

Cherrim HP: 80 [G]
420.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Cherubi
421.gif

Ability: Sunny Sky
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may search your deck for a Stadium Card or [G] Pokémon and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[G][G] Magical Leaf 30+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 30 more damage and heal 30 damage from this Pokémon.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance: [W] -20
Retreat: [C]

Manaphy HP: 70 [W]
Basic
490.png

Ability: Great Wave
Once during your turn (before you attack), when you put Manaphy from your hand onto your bench, you may attach a [W] Energy Card from your hand to 1 of your benched Pokémon. You can't use more than 1 Great Wave ability per turn.

[W] Ocean Return 20
Switch this Pokémon with one of your Benched Pokémon.

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Winchfall all the way, bb. There's just no better choice, ever. :p

I'm calling Hydreigon right now. If anyone wants to draw up a spoiler, great; otherwise, I'll get around to it this weekend.

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
I'm calling Hydreigon right now. If anyone wants to draw up a spoiler, great; otherwise, I'll get around to it this weekend.
Not quite sure about the wording but...
Hydreigon HP: 140 [N] Stage 2 (Evolves from Zweilous)

Ability: Mindless Hands
Once during your turn, if this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, you may discard all Pokemon Tool Cards attached to this Pokemon. If you do, this Pokemon's attacks do 20 more damage until the end of your turn.

[D][D][P][C] Multiple Chomps 60+
You may discard 3 Energies attached to any Pokemon you have on your Bench. This attack does 20 more damage for each Energy you discard in this way.

Weakness: [Y] / Resistance: [P] / Retreat: [C][C][C]

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
more spoilers to take!

Virizion HP: 110 [G]
Basic
640.png

Ability: Verdant Meadow
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may heal 10 damage from each of your [G] Pokémon.

[G][C] Meadow's Might 10+
This attack does 30 more damage for each of your benched [G] Pokémon.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance: [W] -20
Retreat: [C][C]

Keldeo HP: 110 [W]
Basic
647.png

Ability: Rushing Water
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may move a [W] Energy attached from 1 of your [W] Pokémon to another one of your [W] Pokémon.

[W][C] Ocean's Might 10+
This attack does 30 more damage for each of your [W] Pokémon.

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

Free for use as long as you credit me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Palutena

The Queen
@Professor Palutena - design me a Gastrodon, please? :3
tfw you realize there hasn't been a Gastrodon card since Rising Rivals...

So I'll do you one better!

Gastrodon [West Sea] - 130 HP - [F]
Stage 1 - Evolves from Shellos [West Sea]

Omega Barrage: This Pokemon may attack twice a turn. (If the first attack Knocks Out your opponent's Active Pokémon, you may attack again after your opponent chooses a new Active Pokémon.)

Ability: Defense Mechanism
If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon and is damaged by an opponent's attack, put 2 damage counters on the Defending Pokemon. Then, switch this Pokemon with one of your Benched Pokemon.

[C] Aqua Heal
Discard as many Energy attached to this Pokemon as you like. For each Energy discarded in this way, heal 20 damage from this Pokemon.

[W][C][C] Enraged Hydro Wave 40+
Does 10 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokemon.

W - [G]
R - [L]
RC - 3[/COLOR]

Gastrodon [East Sea] - 120 HP - [W]
Stage 1 - Evolves from Gastrodon [East Sea]

Alpha Growth: When you attach an Energy card from your hand to this Pokémon (except with an attack, Ability, or Trainer card), you may attach 2 Energy cards.

Ability: Slug Lord
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move an Energy attached to 1 of your Gastrodon to another of your Gastrodon.

Ability: Wave Rise
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may attach an Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokemon. Heal 20 damage from this Pokemon if you attach an Energy card in this way.

[C] Find Friends
For each Energy attached to this Pokemon, search your deck for a Gastrodon and put it on your Bench as a Basic Pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

W - [L]
R - [F]
RC - 2

Gastrodon [West Sea] BREAK - 160 HP - [F]
BREAK Evolution - Gastrodon [West Sea] BREAK retains the attacks, Abilities, Ancient Traits, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of its previous Evolution.

[W][C][C][C] Slug Crossing 50+
Does 10 more damage for each Shellos on your Bench, plus 20 more damage for each Gastrodon on your Bench, plus 40 more damage for each Gastrodon BREAK on your Bench.

Gastrodon [East Sea] BREAK - 150 HP - [W]
BREAK Evolution - Gastrodon [East Sea] BREAK retains the attacks, Abilities, Ancient Traits, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of its previous Evolution.

[W][W][W][W] Water Rage 10x
Does 10 damage for each damage counter on each of your Gastrodon.

Never know when you'll need to wait another 7 years to see them again, so better make it count!

Last edited:

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
This is great! Going to make one right away!

EDIT: Looking for a Sawsbuck spoiler, since that is what random pokémon generator told me to make. (Spring Sawsbuck)

Last edited:

Professor Palutena

The Queen
This is great! Going to make one right away!

EDIT: Looking for a Sawsbuck spoiler, since that is what random pokémon generator told me to make. (Spring Sawsbuck)
This sounds like a fun one!

Sawsbuck - 90HP - [C]
Stage 1 - Evolves from Deerling

Ability: Spring's Arrival
Each of your Stage 1 Pokemon in play is now [G] in addition to their original types.

[G][C] Blooming Buds
Flip a coin until you get tails. For each heads, search your deck for a Basic Pokemon and put it on your Bench.

[G][C][C] Verdant Blast 40+
This attack does 20 more damage for each [G] Pokemon on your Bench.

Weakness: F
Resistance:
RC: 1

and while I'm here, might as well do all of the seasons!

Sawsbuck - 90HP - [C]

Ability: Eternal Summer
Each of your Stage 1 Pokemon in play is now [R] in addition to their original types.

[R] Solar Flare 10
Flip a coin until you get tails. For each heads, discard an Energy card attached to one of your opponent's Pokemon.

[R][C][C] Unyielding Heat 120-
This attack does 10 less damage for each Energy card attached to your opponent's Pokemon.

Resistance:

Sawsbuck - 90HP - [C]

Ability: Fall's Farewell
Each of your Stage 1 Pokemon in play is now [D] in addition to their original types.

[D] Fading Leaves
Discard as many cards as you like from your hand. Then, draw that many cards.

[D][C] Autumn's Revenge 40+
This attack does 10 more damage for each Pokemon in your discard pile.

Resistance:

Sawsbuck - 90HP - [C]

Ability: Winter Solstice
Each of your Stage 1 Pokemon in play is now [W] in addition to their original types.

[W][C] First Snowfall
Flip a coin until you get tails. This attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Pokemon for each heads.

[W][C][C] Painful Blizzard
Double the number of damage counters on each of your opponent's Pokemon.

Resistance:

Thought a lot of these could be really interesting. Fall Sawsbuck would be cool in expanded with Darkrai and Dark Patch, as well as Dark Claw. Spring allows every Stage 1 access to Giant Plant Forest. Water and Fire don't have much in the way of type support, but Summer Sawsbuck could be cool with a denial deck with hammers and Winter Sawsbuck sounds interesting with Crobat.