Collecting The Foreign Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Hey, you still got an FA and a UR, which is much better than I can say. :p I did end up breaking down and ordering a 3rd box...

thewileycoyote

Aspiring Trainer
I just opened a few boxes of the new Premium Champion Collection boxes. While there is no rarity the cards are packaged based on their old rarity. I am too busy to double check the rarity of the first cards, so I am just going to list the last 3 cards. The first 7 cards are all uncommon to rare. Every pack was this pattern.

8 RR-Double Rare. Break/EX/M EX
9 Trainer- this is the only slot I opened a trainer card in.
10 Engery

There are no Full Arts in the set.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Sweet, thanks for sharing. I had a feeling it would be something similar, specifically with each pack containing an RR since there are so many of them.

What is the mirror pattern like? I'm guessing it's similar to the RHs from EBB?

It'll be a while before I get my boxes since they're above the customs limit here and I had them sent to my US address instead, but I'll be getting a couple of the Blastoise packs in a week or so, and those come with one of the new packs each, so I'm looking forward to seeing the new cards. :D

thewileycoyote

Aspiring Trainer
Sweet, thanks for sharing. I had a feeling it would be something similar, specifically with each pack containing an RR since there are so many of them.

What is the mirror pattern like? I'm guessing it's similar to the RHs from EBB?

It'll be a while before I get my boxes since they're above the customs limit here and I had them sent to my US address instead, but I'll be getting a couple of the Blastoise packs in a week or so, and those come with one of the new packs each, so I'm looking forward to seeing the new cards. :D

The cards just like like shiny versions of the original card. More shiny then a regular EX. The BREAK cards have a weird pattern, really hard to scan.

CuriousCleffa

Aspiring Trainer
I opened 3 boxes of XY10 (and since it's been a while since they've been uploaded on my YT channel), here are the pulls from the 3:
Box 1:
6 Holos: Tyranitar, Lugia, Delphox, White Kyurem, Zygarde, Lucario
3 EXs/Breaks: Alakazam EX, M Alakazam EX, Delphox BREAK
1 FA/SR: Team Rocket's Handiwork FA

Box 2:
6 Holos: White Kyurem, Delphox, Lucario, Lugia, Zygarde, Mew
3 EXs/Breaks: Lugia BREAK, Alakazam EX, Umbreon EX
1 FA/SR: M Alakazam EX FA

Box 3:
6 Holos: Lucario, White Kyurem, Mew, Zygarde, Lugia, Tyranitar
4 EXs/Breaks: Kingdra EX, Genesect EX, M Alakazam EX, Delphox BREAK
0 FA/SR: None

Pretty happy with the 2 FAs from my 3 boxes though :)

Whitefinch

IG: rotomcollector
I like older Japanese sets so I bought a "Bonds to the End of Time" booster box - it arrived today but my pulls were slightly disappointing:

Holos
Roserade
Floatzel x2
Frosslass x2
Luxray
Heat Rotom (yay)
Mismagius x2
Rampardos
Lucario
Shiftry x2
Jirachi x3
Bastiodon x3
Pikachu (reprint, yay)

Lvl X's
Flygon
Hippowdon

I'm very happy with my Heat Rotom but the Rotoms are my favourite part about this set, so it would have been great to get another one instead of a Pikachu. Also the Lvl X's I pulled are my least favourite from the set. I also didn't get an Arcanine or Flygon holo.

I love the set so I'm not too disheartened. But it does mean I'm searching for everything I'm missing so if anybody has these for trade, please get in touch!

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I like older Japanese sets so I bought a "Bonds to the End of Time" booster box...

If you don't mind my asking, where did you order the box from and how much did you pay for it? I would love to pick-up some older Japanese booster boxes, but whenever I come across them they seem to be super expensive.

vrine

Zapdos
Not a box, but I'm getting 12 Russian Roaring Skies packs in the mail this week. Anyone interested in pull results?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Not a box, but I'm getting 12 Russian Roaring Skies packs in the mail this week. Anyone interested in pull results?

I can't speak for everyone, but I would surely be interested! :D We have a separate thread here where you can report non-box pulls.

Whitefinch

IG: rotomcollector
If you don't mind my asking, where did you order the box from and how much did you pay for it? I would love to pick-up some older Japanese booster boxes, but whenever I come across them they seem to be super expensive.

Of course! I got it on amazon - it wasn't cheap but it was the cheapest of the older sets I could find. I paid £70 for it with free shipping.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001JEQ3MA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There's lots of Japanese Platinum era sets on amazon so it's worth a look! :D

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
Opened 2 XY10 boxes today

Box 1
Alakazam UR
Altaria Ex
Alakazam Ex
Bronzong Break
6 holos including Mew Holo instead of Zygarde

Box 2
Kingdra SR
Altaria Ex
M Alakazam Ex
Lugia Break
6 holos including Zygarde instead of Mew

Both boxes had holos of Lugia, Lucario, Tyranitar, Delphix and White Kyurem.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Finally opened my Premium Champion Pack boxes today! Between 2 boxes and the loose packs from my Blastoise Packs, I pulled the following:

EX/M/BREAK:
Beedrill EX
Sceptile EX
M Sceptile EX
Seismitoad EX
M Manectric EX (x2)
Gengar EX
M Gengar EX (x2)
Wobbuffet BREAK
Hoopa EX
Groudon EX
Lucario EX
Xerneas EX
Giratina EX (x2)
Rayquaza EX (x2)
M Rayquaza EX (x2)
Shaymin EX (x2)

I also pulled at least one of all non-EX/M/BREAK Pokémon, all energy except Metal, and a good assortment of trainers (definitely not all since you only get one per pack and there are a bunch).

The mirror holos are definitely a nice high quality! They remind me a lot of the ones from EBB. I especially like how it looks on the energy cards, trainer cards, and Colorless Pokémon. :D

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Took what felt like a really long while for my XY11 boxes to come in this time, but pulls were pretty impressive :D

Explosive Fighter:
Volcanion-EX
M Steelix-EX
Xerneas BREAK
Volcanion-EX FA
6 holos, including 2 dupes which I didn't even know what possible (2x Volcanion, 2x Pyroar, Xerneas, Chandelure)
Photo!

So, the lesson I learned is that Volcanion really likes me...

Cruel Traitor:
Magearna-EX
Gardevoir-EX
Yanmega BREAK
Hydreigon BREAK
6 holos (Infernape, Ampharos, Bisharp, Yveltal, Hydreigon, Hoopa)
Photo!

Overall, pretty pleased. :D

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
My CP5 box came in today! Much faster than I expected, too. :)

I pulled:
  • 2 full sets of all regular Pokémon (with some triples/quadruples)
  • 1 full set of all FA Pokémon
  • Doubles of FAs: Manaphy, Mew, Meloetta, Jirachi, and Arceus
  • 2 Pokémon-EX: Hoopa-EX and Latios-EX

Overall, very pleased with my pulls. :D Mostly what I was looking forward to getting was the FAs, so I was very happy to snag a full set with just the one box. Concept Packs are fun, but so easily to end up with millions of duplicates and be still missing some, which is why I've learned to just stick with a single box with these. :p

Loaf of Slakoth

BREAD is loafing around!
Anyone know what the pull rates are for Japanese Collection Moon booster boxes? I might get one because I can't really wait long enough for 'Sun and Moon' to come out in the US.

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
Anyone know what the pull rates are for Japanese Collection Moon booster boxes? I might get one because I can't really wait long enough for 'Sun and Moon' to come out in the US.

Both Sun and Moon boxes have pretty much the same pull rates as previous sets... even though you get more booster packs, you still only get 4 ultra rares. And those can either be 3 Pokémon GX with 1 SR/HR/UR or... 4 Pokémon GX, which no one wants.

It's pretty annoying since the prices went up a bit just so they could throw in more holos and not more ultra rares.

Holos to me aren't really worth much so I don't pay much attention to them so I don't know how many I got from each box but I do know.

Sun Box 1: Espeon, Gumshoos and Lapras. UR: Metal Energy
Moon Box 1: Umbreon, Lurantis and Tauros UR: Item Switch

Sun Box 2: Lapras, Espeon and Solgaleo UR: Ultra Ball
Moon Box 2: Umbreon, Tauros and Lunala HR: Lurantis

Sun Box 3: Lapras, Espeon and Solgaleo SR: Lapras
Moon Box 3: Tauros, Lurantis and Lunalda UR: Nest Ball

Moon Box 4: Tauros, Lurantis, Lunala and Umbreon No SR or Ultra rare.

Kinda ridiculous how I got more UR than SR and HR. And I hate all of them except the Ultra Ball. Grr.

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
Did anyone ever open a Korean GX Ultra Shiny booster box?

Because they sell for 23 € + 6 € shipping on Ebay, while the Japanese are ~70 € + shipping. However, if their pull rates are as bad as from other Korean boxes, there might only be 1 shiny card per box and then it's not worth it.