Collecting The Foreign Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

Ordered one more box each. Didn't get exactly what I was looking for (Needed regular Houndoom EX and Marowak BREAK to finish off the standard collection) but I got some nice doubles and a FA out of each box so that's nice. I only seem to be getting one BREAK card per box. Is that looking like the norm?

Blue Impact:
5 Rares
Glalie EX
Mewtwo EX
Mega Mewtwo EX
Florges BREAK
Mega Mewtwo EX Full Art

Red Flash:
5 Rares
Chesnaught BREAK
Mewtwo EX
Mega Mewtwo EX
Houndoom EX Full Art

Got a second set of M/Mewtwo EX for Red Flash, so I guess they'll be ebay fodder. And I guess I'll be looking into buying singles for this set now.

I'm surprised BREAK are as rare as they are. The supposed saviors for Stages are not only pretty bad, but hard to pull too. I... I think they might be a ruse. Four more years of EX!

:(

I'm surprised BREAK are as rare as they are. The supposed saviors for Stages are not only pretty bad, but hard to pull too. I... I think they might be a ruse. Four more years of EX!

:(

They are double rare (RR), so the same rarity as EX'S. The Battle Festa one is going to be pretty hard to get compared to a normal EX or Break card.

Ordered one more box each. Didn't get exactly what I was looking for (Needed regular Houndoom EX and Marowak BREAK to finish off the standard collection) but I got some nice doubles and a FA out of each box so that's nice. I only seem to be getting one BREAK card per box. Is that looking like the norm?

Blue Impact:
5 Rares
Glalie EX
Mewtwo EX
Mega Mewtwo EX
Florges BREAK
Mega Mewtwo EX Full Art

Red Flash:
5 Rares
Chesnaught BREAK
Mewtwo EX
Mega Mewtwo EX
Houndoom EX Full Art

Got a second set of M/Mewtwo EX for Red Flash, so I guess they'll be ebay fodder. And I guess I'll be looking into buying singles for this set now.

I averaged just over 1 BREAK card per box, maybe 1.2 per box. I didn't keep that close track, I just counted them like an EX.

Congrats on the 100% Full Art pull rate. The Mega Mewtwo is awesome. Houndoom is a good pull as well, it has been a decent seller. Mega Houndoom is my best selling Full Art from XY8.

For you two wants, thankfully they are two of the cheaper cards.

I got 2 BREAK cards from my Red Flash box and only 1 from Blue Shock, but that was the one where I got my UR. Getting SRs/URs takes up a slot, so that may explain why your boxes were lower, though I'd prefer an FA over a BREAK card any day. :p

If you're still looking to complete sets, you should check out the PokéBeach Marketplace! :D We do have PokéBeachers (including myself :p) that sell or trade Japanese cards.

Help me please. :)

I would like to start collecting cards. I already bought 4 packs of english Primal Clash, some korean booster boxes and a japanese legendary shine collection booster box. I don't mind to collect korean editions but unfortunately I can't read the text, and Im not really pulled any ultra from those boxes. I would like to collect english sets, but that's too expensive :( (I like these because there are more cards in the english sets and higher chance to pull more rare cards I think.)
The third option is the japanese sets, these are cheaper than the english sets at least 4 times. But it has only 100 cards. (In the future I'm planning to learn Japanese though.)
But now I think I will choose the japanese ones.
So can you tell me anything about these japanese sets, anything that I might not know.

Sorry for the long post. :)

I don't really know much about Korean cards, so I can't help you there, but Japanese collecting is very nice and fun. Although you do get less cards/packs overall in a Japanese booster box compared to English, you're actually more likely (in general) to pull more good cards because Japanese pull rates are better. For Japanese packs, 1 in every 2 packs has a Holo/EX/FA/BREAK card in it, whereas for English packs it's more like 1 in 3. And because Japanese boxes are cheaper overall, you can buy more boxes to get a closer number of total cards if you wish. For myself, I usually buy 2 boxes for each set, and then trade around, though if you want to complete sets you may be better off buying more. Japanese cards also have higher production values, so you're much less likely to pull cards that are damaged or miscut.

If you have any other specific questions about Japanese cards not related to pull rates, you're welcome to ask in our Card Collector Help thread. :) We have a good number of people here who collect Japanese cards that would be happy to help you.

I don't really know much about Korean cards, so I can't help you there, but Japanese collecting is very nice and fun. Although you do get less cards/packs overall in a Japanese booster box compared to English, you're actually more likely (in general) to pull more good cards because Japanese pull rates are better. For Japanese packs, 1 in every 2 packs has a Holo/EX/FA/BREAK card in it, whereas for English packs it's more like 1 in 3. And because Japanese boxes are cheaper overall, you can buy more boxes to get a closer number of total cards if you wish. For myself, I usually buy 2 boxes for each set, and then trade around, though if you want to complete sets you may be better off buying more. Japanese cards also have higher production values, so you're much less likely to pull cards that are damaged or miscut.

If you have any other specific questions about Japanese cards not related to pull rates, you're welcome to ask in our Card Collector Help thread. :) We have a good number of people here who collect Japanese cards that would be happy to help you.

It's settled then, I will collect the japanese set. Now I have to check the ship rates between Amiami and Ebay, because unfortunately I live in central Europe.

Thank you for the helpful and fast reply. :)

PS: I hope I'm didnt make any mistakes, because I ordered two boxes from amiami each for 2550 yen but I dont know how much will be the shipping fee :/

Last edited:
Every Japanese XY9 breakpoint box I have seen is 1 break, 2 ex, 1 ex FA, ~6 holos. Seems like you get 1 less RR per box but SR guaranteed almost compared to blue shock/red flash.

I opened 1 Red Flash and 1 Bandit Ring box

The Red Flash box
Mewtwo ex
Houndoom ex
M Houndoom ex
Chesnaught Break
5 holos

It was pretty terrible, I think 10 holos is the norm but I got 9, also no full art.

Bandit Ring

My 3rd Primal Groudon full art, I'm at 5/5 on these shiny full arts in Bandit Ring and am starting to think the other full arts aren't available...
I also got M Ampharos, Giratina and Sceptile ex. Still no Gyarados holo though.

I opened 2 Red Flash, 2 Blue shock finally.
Red:
Chestnaught Break (2)
Houndoom EX (2)
Mega Houndoom EX (1)
Mewtwo EX (2)
Mega Mewtwo EX (1)
Mega Mewtwo EX FA (1)
Holo (11)

Blue:
Glalie EX (1)
Mega Glalie EX (1)
Mewtwo EX (2)
Mega Mewtwo EX (2)
Zoroark Break (2)
Florges Break (1)
Brigette FA (1)
Holo (10)

I wanted more FA's instead of the Break cards ><

My XY9 boxes came in today! \o/ Based on how long it took them to arrive last year, I wasn't expecting them for another week or so at least, but I guess customs came through.

Box 1:
6 holos
Espeon EX
Scizor EX
M Gyarados EX
Trevenant BEAK

Box 2:
6 holos
Scizor EX
Manaphy EX
Trevenant BREAK
Gyarados EX FA UR

A combination of good and bad luck, so I can't complain, really. I'm 2 for 3 now on UR pulls in the Break Era, and I managed to get all of the holos in only 2 boxes without trading (which can be difficult), but the RR duplicates are disappointing, and I honestly would have preferred to pull an Espeon FA. Still, I'll take it. :p Considering I wasn't even sure if I wanted to buy this set before, I guess I'm decently pleased with how it turned out.

Nice pulls :) I hope my boxes will arrive before 31st. I really want the Espeon and the FA Manaphy :D

Opened finally 2 XY9 boxes:

Ho-Oh EX
Manaphy EX
Gyarados EX (2)
Raticate BREAK
Darkrai EX
M Gyarados EX
Trevenant BREAK
12 Holos, all of them except Garchomp :/

Unfortunately no espeon EX or FA :(

I opened 2 boxes of Rage of the Broken Heavens

Box 1: Ho-Oh FA
Gyarados Ex
M Gyarados Ex
Greninja Break

Box 2: Manaphy FA
Ho-oh Ex
M Scizor Ex
Trevenant Break

Box 2 also contained 2 holos that weren't in box 1, Greninja and Dragalge. I pulled 8 different holos and 4 duplicate holos.
17_zpsxvmqpmsf.jpg

18_zpsjmiikhek.jpg

Really happy with a few things, one I pulled a full art in each box, two I didn't pull any duplicate exs or breaks and I think I pulled every holo.

I opened 2 boxes of Rage of the Broken Heavens

Box 1: Ho-Oh FA
Gyarados Ex
M Gyarados Ex
Greninja Break

Box 2: Manaphy FA
Ho-oh Ex
M Scizor Ex
Trevenant Break

Box 2 also contained 2 holos that weren't in box 1, Greninja and Dragalge. I pulled 8 different holos and 4 duplicate holos.
17_zpsxvmqpmsf.jpg

18_zpsjmiikhek.jpg

Really happy with a few things, one I pulled a full art in each box, two I didn't pull any duplicate exs or breaks and I think I pulled every holo.

Very nice boxes. I would have opened up a few more cases if I was getting a FA a box. The BREAK cards you opened are also 1.5-2 times the price of the normal EX's and you pulled 2 of the best Rare in the set. Price has dropped but I was getting 1900 yen for a set of 4 Garchomps, around 1400 yen now for a set of 4. Congrats on the nice pulls.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just glad the full arts were different, I opened 5 Bandit Ring boxes and pulled 3 of the Primal Groudon full arts, 1 Rayquaza and 1 Kyogre.

In both of my boxes the Break card was in the 7th pack from the top, I wonder if it's like that in every box.

PokéKyun box, get! I only ordered 1 this time around, since mini-set boxes give you so many duplicates. I knew I'd be missing a few RRs, but thanks to distribution, I might still end missing 1 or 2 even with 2 boxes, and didn't want to take the risk. Here are my pulls:

Sylveon-EX
Flareon-EX
Gardevoir-EX FA
M Gardevoir-EX FA
Sylveon-EX FA (!!)
At least 2 of all C/U (usually 3)

Honestly, I couldn't be happier. :D I'd been hearing that 3 FAs was the expected ratio of the box, and these FAs are the ones I wanted the most, with Sylveon-EX FA being top of the list. I'm missing Flareon-EX FA and Pikachu FA, but I still have a PokéKyun Premium Box on the way (mostly for that deliciously cute Shaymin-EX <3), so there's a chance I might get either (or even both?!) in that; otherwise, I can trade for them or buy the singles.

The cards themselves are all really very nice. They've definitely improved the background holo design from the last mini-set, and I especially love the charms and the individual patterns given to the U cards. The artwork is by and large stunning; I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few of these end up on my "favourite art" list for my upcoming living Pokédex project.

XY10 boxes arrived today! Sadly, I had the most disappointing pulls I've had from Japanese booster boxes since basically ever. :\

Box 1:
Bronzong BREAK
Genesect EX
M Altaria EX
Altaria EX
6 Holos (Delphox, White Kyurem, Mew, Zygarde, Tyranitar, Lugia)

Box 2:
Omastar BREAK
Alakazam EX
M Alakazam EX
Genesect EX
6 Holos (White Kyurem, Mew, Zygarde, Tyranitar, Lucario, Lugia)

Soooo many dupes (only 7 unique holos >.<), no FAs, and no Eeveelutions at all.

Part of me wants to order another box; part of me wants to cut my losses and run with my tail between my legs.

EDIT: Looking at the list, I guess there only are 7 unique holos in this set. Go figure. Just way too many EXes/BREAKs I guess. Still salty about the rest of it, though.

Last edited:
My boxes came today too,

2 Box:
BREAK:
- Delphox
- Bronzong
Holo:
W.Kyurem , Zygarde x2, Lucario x2, Tyranitar x2, Lugia x2, Delphox x2, Mew
EX:
-Glaceon x2
- Altaria
- Mega Alakazam