Collecting The Foreign Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

Positive!! The full art ratios have definitely been upd compares to recent sets. Sets prior to bandit ring , full arts were like 1 in every 2 to 3 boxes. With bandit ring though it seems like the chance of a full art is 95% lol just go watch all the vids on YouTube of bandit ring openings. I have only seen 3 boxes not contain a FA or UR. Not to mention , i only had 2 boxes out of 20 not contain a FA.

I have been getting 8-9/10 for the last 3 sets. This set the UR count is up a lot, but a lot of UR's. I think the regular FA are actually hard to pull. I think they will be scarcer than in normal sets. Plus this set has so many SR/UR.

From what I've seen it seems the shiny full arts were added to any box that didn't have a full art ex or shiny. Like you have a better chance of pulling a shiny Rayquaza/Kyorge/Groudon and the full art Pokemon and shiny trainer's still have the 1in 3-5 box type things. I'm wondering if this won't lower the price of the shiny full arts in Japanese.

So I'm thinking in a normal production line.

Box 1: - no full art -
Box 2: Shiny Rayquaza
Box 3: Shiny Groudon
Box 4: full art Pokemon
Box 5: shiny trainer
Box 6: Shiny Groudon
Box 7: Shiny Kyorge
Box 8: - no full art -
Box 9: full art Pokemon
Box 10: Shiny Rayquaza

Like if I bought 2 boxes I'd have a better chance at getting 2 shiny Groudon then getting 2 different regular Pokemon full arts.

Last edited:
Like if I bought 2 boxes I'd have a better chance at getting 2 shiny Groudon then getting 2 different regular Pokemon full arts.

I must be lucky then :p

I finally opened that last unopened box I had (the possibility of URs was too much to pass up) aaaaaand everything in the was a dupe of something I already had. EXCEPT a Sceptile SR (at least it wasn't another Giratina)

So yeah, 4 boxes, 4 pokemon full arts. Sadly, still no UR. Guess I'll have to buy them after all.

I opened a 1st Edition Spiral Force booster box and an unlimited Thunder Knuckle booster box today.

Spiral Force :(. Definitely my worst box to date but I did order two boxes from them in the past and got full art Deoxys and Full Art Ghetsis in them so it's ok.)
Deoxys Ex
Latios Ex
8 Holos

Thunder Knuckle
Full Art Tornadus
Tornadus Ex
Latias Ex

bought a box of bandit ring
was not dissappointed

M Sceptile EX FA
M Ampharos EX
Giratina EX
Hoopa EX

Now that I'm in the States I was able to open my Bandit Ring boxes and I got some great pulls! :D

Box 1:
Giratina EX
Tyranitar EX
M Ampharos EX
M Tyranitar EX FA
6 holos

Box 2:
Machamp EX
Ampharos EX
M Sceptile EX
Shiny Primal Kyogre EX FA (!!!!!)
6 holos

VERY surprised and pleased that I didn't get any RR/SR/UR dupes between the boxes and my packs from the Hiroshima box. I was also amazingly super happy to pull the Kyogre since I wanted him so much and he is amazing and awesome. ;~; I did a little happy freak out dance when I pulled him. The only real disappointment is the hold dupes; 5 of the 6 holos from each box were the same, but the only one I'm actually missing is Gardevoir so it's not so bad.

I opened 4 Bandit Ring booster boxes today. All 4 boxes came with Entei Holo, Jolteon Holo, Porygon Z Holo, Virizion Holo and Metagross Holo and then 1 wildcard holo.

Box 1
Shiny Groudon, Hoopa Ex, Giratina Ex and Ampharos Ex
Wildcard Holo was Volcarona

Box 2
Shiny Kyorge, Kyurem Ex, Hoopa Ex and M Sceptile Ex
Wildcard Holo was Goodra

Box 3
Shiny Rayquaza, Sceptile Ex, M Tyranitar Ex and Lugia Ex
Wildcard Holo was Gardevoir

Box 4
Shiny Groudon #2, Kyurem Ex, M Tyranitar Ex and Tyranitar Ex
Wildcard Holo was Goodra

I didn't get too many duplicates, I think I'm only missing 2 regular ex's.
Was really hoping that last Goodra would be the Holo Gyarados since these wildcard holos seem to be 1 every 4 boxes but oh well. I'm glad I got all 3 shinies and i'll definitely get more boxes in the future so that I can hopefully get some of the SR's.

I also got a sticker sheet in the box. It looks like an Adidas advertisement with Pokemon stickers of Pikachu playing football(soccer) and other Pokemon as well as a movie poster of the Diancie movie.

Opened a Bandit ring box today. Got a lot of Sceptiles...

Sceptile EX
M Sceptile EX
Sceptile EX FA
Tyranitar EX (Green and pointy, its probably just Sceptile in disguise)

Pulled 6 Holo cards including the Gyrados ancient trait holo which I really wanted.

sceptile.png

Am I the first person posting pulls from Legendary Holo Collection? I'm not used to being so fast! :O

As expected for a mini-set, CP2 is relatively easy to complete. I got a full-set and then some from both of my boxes. Each box contains 15 packs and each pack has 4 cards: 1 R/RR, and 2-3 commons/0-1 uncommons. There are 12 R/RR cards, but each of my boxes had 1 of each plus extras of a few; I'm not sure if it's actually guaranteed to get a full set from a box or just likely due to distribution methods. The R/RR duplicates from my 1st box were Pikachu EX, Black Kyurem, and Regigigigas; from the 2nd, Zekrom, Latias, and White Kyurem.

The nice thing about the second box is that I have plenty to trade/sell, including an entire extra full set of all cards, but I really ought to learn my lesson and just buy single boxes of these mini-sets from now on. :p

The cards themselves are very nice, though! All of the C/U cards have a full-card, star pattern holo foil, similar to Shiny Collection but a bit more subtle. All of the R/RR cards have a cool kind of crosshatch foil pattern. And of course the artwork is amazing! :D

Am I the first person posting pulls from Legendary Holo Collection? I'm not used to being so fast! :O

As expected for a mini-set, CP2 is relatively easy to complete. I got a full-set and then some from both of my boxes. Each box contains 15 packs and each pack has 4 cards: 1 R/RR, and 2-3 commons/0-1 uncommons. There are 12 R/RR cards, but each of my boxes had 1 of each plus extras of a few; I'm not sure if it's actually guaranteed to get a full set from a box or just likely due to distribution methods. The R/RR duplicates from my 1st box were Pikachu EX, Black Kyurem, and Regigigigas; from the 2nd, Zekrom, Latias, and White Kyurem.

The nice thing about the second box is that I have plenty to trade/sell, including an entire extra full set of all cards, but I really ought to learn my lesson and just buy single boxes of these mini-sets from now on. :p

The cards themselves are very nice, though! All of the C/U cards have a full-card, star pattern holo foil, similar to Shiny Collection but a bit more subtle. All of the R/RR cards have a cool kind of crosshatch foil pattern. And of course the artwork is amazing! :D

Nice. I didn't open boxes for this set I just opened a ton of the blisters with the Pikachu and Hoopa Promo so I couldn't post any pull rates. People in line were kinda looking at me as they rolled all my merchandise up on a cart when I got to the cashier.

This is supposed to be at 7-11 but I never see them there. I was hoping to buy a bunch to get the 7-11 Promos and didn't want to just buy packs. The 7-11 promos 152 and 153/XY-P might be pretty hard to find.

Yeah, the special retail promos usually are rare, or at least expensive. When Drohn was in Japan, there was an Adidas Pikachu promo being "sold" at TRU stores (for the price of a single pack you got a pack and the promo) and they were already going for US$20 or so on Ebay. I'm hoping for some kind of special promos when I make my way out to Japan for trading/resell purposes. :p

Just opened up a bunch of XY8 boxes. I was only getting a Full Art 60% of the time compared to 90% the last few sets. Not sure if I got extremely unlucky or if the Full Art rate has been lowered.

That's disappointing. :< What did your full pulls look like? I'm interested in seeing the new breakdown of EX/Break/FA/etc. cards now that they've dumped so many new things in. I probably won't be getting my boxes for another week or so, myself.

That's disappointing. :< What did your full pulls look like? I'm interested in seeing the new breakdown of EX/Break/FA/etc. cards now that they've dumped so many new things in. I probably won't be getting my boxes for another week or so, myself.

Hi,

I didn't keep track and I have already sold so many of the cards. While the FA rate was lower the RR or better cards were a bit more common. I would say EX but the Break cards aren't EX and I am considering them like EX. I pulled at least 4 per box and a decent percentage had 5 per box, maybe 25% of my boxes. If you consider the Break cards like a Rare then the rate would be minus 1 per box.

Thanks for the info! My boxes are on their way so I guess I'll see what I see. Crossing fingers that you just got unlucky with your FA pulls since I'm not really interested in the BREAK cards at all...

Hello! First post here, but this thread is what lead me here in the first place so I thought I'd share.

I opened two boxes each of Red Flash and Blue Impact an averaged 4 RR cards per box, with one box having a fifth higher-rare in the form of a Full Art. Actually, I pulled a Full Art from both Red Flash boxes (Mewtwo EX and Mega Houndoom EX).. No Full Arts from Blue Impact, though. I averaged one BREAK card per box, with the last box having two, if I recall correctly. (It's been a couple of days since I opened them, I was having trouble signing in here.)

As much as I love opening packs, I've restricted myself to two boxes each this release to save on costs. I hope this can help with putting together some statistics, though.

My own XY8 boxes arrived today and I was very happy! :D

Red Flash:
Chesnaught BREAK
Houndoom EX
Mewtwo EX
M Mewtwo EX
Marowak BREAK
5 Holos (Chesnaught, Magnezone, Raikou, Mismagius, Mamoswine)

Blue Shock:
Glalie EX
Mewtwo EX
M Mewtwo EX
Zoroark BREAK
Mewtwo EX FA 65/59 UR :D
5 Holos (Typhlosion, Octillery, Gengar, Xerneas, Haxorus)

Only 1 FA and so many BREAKs was kind of disappointing, but the Mewtwo UR made up for it. :p It's a really pretty card, too. :D

My own XY8 boxes arrived today and I was very happy! :D

Red Flash:
Chesnaught BREAK
Houndoom EX
Mewtwo EX
M Mewtwo EX
Marowak BREAK
5 Holos (Chesnaught, Magnezone, Raikou, Mismagius, Mamoswine)

Blue Shock:
Glalie EX
Mewtwo EX
M Mewtwo EX
Zoroark BREAK
Mewtwo EX FA 65/59 UR :D
5 Holos (Typhlosion, Octillery, Gengar, Xerneas, Haxorus)

Only 1 FA and so many BREAKs was kind of disappointing, but the Mewtwo UR made up for it. :p It's a really pretty card, too. :D

Congrats to both of you getting Mewtwo Full Arts. Mega Houndoom EX Full Art is nice as well. All my Mega Houndoom EX cards sold out very quickly, thankfully I have restocked, but not enough.

Here in Japan prices on a lot of card are increasing, prices were way to low, and the all the Mewtwo Full Arts seem to be holding their prices. I noticed a lot of sellers that usually open a lot of product opened very little this time. I know I called it quits after I had opened half of what I planned and just concentrated on buying singles instead. Wish I had been even more aggressive.

I guess I can't really blame sellers for being conservative about purchases for the new "era" of cards until they know how well the new stuff will sell. What are the BREAK prices looking like in Japan?

I guess I can't really blame sellers for being conservative about purchases for the new "era" of cards until they know how well the new stuff will sell. What are the BREAK prices looking like in Japan?

Zoroark is selling for between Mewtwo EX and M Mewtwo EX. The others are selling for around from Glalie EX to Mewtwo EX prices. They have sold pretty well for me. I have sold out of two of them, including Zoroark. .

Back