News Mythical Pokemon Collections

6123bd_722489_big.gif

[C] Time Call
Flip a Coin. If heads, search your deck for a card that evolves from one of your Pokémon and put it onto that Pokémon. This counts as evolving that Pokémon.) Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[G] Leech Seed 10
Heal 10 damage from this Pokémon.

Isn't its first attack just a risky evosoda? With evosoda, you don't have to flip a coin and can still do a damage-attack...

It says that it counts as evolution, so probably not.
The "it counts as an evolution" is there only to say that it looses special conditions and all effects except damage on the new evolution. For instance, Pokemon with accession can use the attack if it was placed down that turn and still evolve even though it says it counts as evolving.

It says that it counts as evolution, so probably not.
You could use this on a Pokemon that just came into play.

It counts as evolution meaning it removes Status Conditions, etc.

You can't evolve from your hand the turn a Pokemon comes into play, but other effects can allow you to get the next Stage into play, e.g. Zorua with Ascension or this attack.

Isn't its first attack just a risky evosoda? With evosoda, you don't have to flip a coin and can still do a damage-attack...

Well the great thing about that is you don't have to skip the next turn for mega evolutions (if you don't have the link, of course) and can be done on your first turn, granted you go second. Kind of a slow alternative but still quite useful, in my opinion.

Well the great thing about that is you don't have to skip the next turn for mega evolutions (if you don't have the link, of course) and can be done on your first turn, granted you go second. Kind of a slow alternative but still quite useful, in my opinion.

Oh, yeah, I see where you're going :) it can be useful then indeed to put a copy of it in your deck :)

true you don't have to skip your turn, but you loose your opportunity to attack :p the one time it would be useful is if it's beneficial to mega evolve T1 but you go second and don't have a better attack or active pokemon available. Unless I'm missing something of course :)

If you're desperate enough to play M charizard, Venusaur, etc. Then this card can work fine, granted you go second.

Out of all the new boxes, I think darkrai is the best. For 3 energies, you can put them to sleep, and then they don't really have a good chance to wake up. Does trick coin work for this? Or only effects that deal with your pokemon/your side of the game

Darkrai being the best goes without saying. Most of the others are unplayably bad. I mean, the next best is Jirachi, and even that's barely usable. (If Celebi didn't have that coinflip, it would probably be better than Jirachi, though still not great.)

That being said, Darkrai isn't THAT good, either. Though the two-flip sleep is nice, and has been criminally underused. (Why is Poison the only Special Condition that gets buffed often?) 80 for 3 is about as mediocre as you can get for an attack worth considering. If Yveltal didn't exist, I could have seen this maybe taking the role of non-EX Darkness attacker.

I'd expect Arceus and Genesect to be better than Darkrai. Possibly Keldeo and Meloetta, too.

Out of all the new boxes, I think darkrai is the best. For 3 energies, you can put them to sleep, and then they don't really have a good chance to wake up. Does trick coin work for this? Or only effects that deal with your pokemon/your side of the game
Trick Coin only works for attacks of the Pokemon that has it attached.

Yeah... this Darkrai is going to be really annoying.

Back