News Mythical Pokemon Collections

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
I'm having doubts now as to how good/exciting this set will be, if majority of the cards turn out to be exact reprints. It will kind of be like base set 2, though not exactly like that. You don't want to be opening these boxes and within your two packs find majority reprints.

MystikX

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, cards are all meh at best. Still buying them for collection purposes, but if there's anything I'll truly be looking for in Generations, I'll likely just buy singles online...

_roguemischief

<insert witty comment here>
I'm having doubts now as to how good/exciting this set will be, if majority of the cards turn out to be exact reprints. It will kind of be like base set 2, though not exactly like that. You don't want to be opening these boxes and within your two packs find majority reprints.
To be fair, we really don't know all that much about this set, including how many cards are actually reprints. Even so, I don't think the fact that the set will be filled with reprints would bother me really. Even if most of the cards are reprints, there are still the new EXs and Pokekyun Collection cards to look forward to. Common and uncommon cards are largely irrelevant anyway, so if they're mostly reprints it's not a big deal. Though if the reprints start flooding into the rares as well, then it might start to bother me...

The issue here is that it's significantly more expensive to get multiple Generations packs when compared to buying a booster box for any other set - you're looking at basically $7.50 per pack as opposed to around $3 per pack with a booster box (in this case, a more recent one at about $100; if Generations gets its own booster boxes at some point it's obviously a different story). As a result, it might just be more cost-efficient to buy singles of the cards you want anyway - in which case the reprinted common and uncommon cards are even more irrelevant. Literally the only reason I can see these reprints being relevant is having some potent cards in rotation for a while longer, though being more of a collector myself even that doesn't affect me much. Sure, it might have been nice to have new cards or even just new artworks for this set, but in the long run I don't see it mattering that much.

Last edited:

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
If anything, a set released in this way being mostly reprints is a good thing. If it was a 110 card set of entirely new cards, it would be incredibly difficult to get sets of things.

TheLunaticHypno

Just your average Hypno fan
I think one of the promos to be revealed will have an ability... I don't know why I just have a feeling...

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
A bit let down with Shaymin's box, would have rather it been Sky Forme, at least the pin. But I do like it anyway, really cute!

Last edited:

JadeEspeon

Straight Espeonage!
My local Walmart is already selling the Mew Collection. I don't know if this is an isolated thing, like staff error, but beneficial!

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
These all look awesome! Definitely buying Celebi! I think besides Celebi and Meloetta I'm not looking for the cards but I love all pins and expansions! So I will probably buy one of each eventually then buy more singles of the packs online. That Darkrai is gonna be so annoying when it comes out with that sleep attack.

Those Generations packs though. I got my FA Skyla I have been begging for since August. When Glaceon EX Full Art comes out my life is complete. Since Glaceon and Leafeon have not been revealed in Generations or Pokekyun I'm assuming they will be in later regular expansions (hopefully with full arts not that annoyance with Emboar Togekiss and Palkia EXs).

Ok I'm done ranting those 20th anniversary sets look absolutely amazing! Buying them all!

james800519

Aspiring Trainer
anyone know what happen these days
why so many full art cards' price on amazon and ebay rise so fast?
like lucario,darkrai,entei,raikou,mew,latias and keldeo full art

swapforce1

Shaymin lover
anyone know what happen these days
why so many full art cards' price on amazon and ebay rise so fast?
like lucario,darkrai,entei,raikou,mew,latias and keldeo full art

Lucairo : because everyone likes lucario , Darkrai : because its quite playable Entei/Raikou : Gold/Silver was according to many people the best sequel Mew : nostalgia Latias : no idea Keldeo : still playable with boundaries crossed blatoise

The Murky Waters

Aspiring Trainer
After much squinting I managed to read a few attacks...
I could be wrong on some of these but for the most part I'm sure this is what they say.

Celebi
Time Call: Flip a coin if heads search your deck for a card that evolves from 1 of your pokémon and put it onto that pokémon (this counts as evolving your pokemon) shuffle your deck afterward.
Leech Seed 10: heal 10 damage from this pokemon.

Jirachi
Precognitive Dream: Draw 3 cards. This pokémon is now asleep.
Iron Head 30x: Flip a coin until you get tails, this attack does 30 damage times the number of heads.

Manaphy
Marine Guidance: Search your deck for a [w] pokémon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
Aqua Ring 30: Switch this pokémon with 1 of your benched pokemon.

Shaymin
Aromatherapy: Heal 30 damage from each of your pokémon.
Magical Leaf 40+: Flip a coin if heads this attack does 20 more damage and heal (20?) more damage from this pokemon.

Darkrai
Dark Cutter 30
Abyssal Sleep 80: Your opponent's active pokémon is now asleep. Your opponent flips 2 coins instead of one in between turns. If either of them are tails, that pokémon is still asleep.

PTCGRadio

Aspiring Trainer
I'm kinda glad the promos aren't playable. I have a vision of all of these lined up on a shelf in my house. It is a beautiful vision :D