Help The "Is There A Card That Does This?" Thread

There isn't any sort of "Rain Dance" Energy Accelerators for [G] types. Sceptile PRC is the closest Ability-based [G] type accelerator in Expanded (and Standard).

Is there a card in XY-on, or even in Expanded, that prevents switching? More specifically, preventing your opponent from switching your pokemon.

There is no cards that prevents switching. A typical counter to the disruptive effects of switching is something like Float Stone and/or Keldeo-EX, if that is your concern. :)

There is no cards that prevents switching. A typical counter to the disruptive effects of switching is something like Float Stone and/or Keldeo-EX, if that is your concern. :)

Nah, it's for Haxorus from BREAKthrough, which according to the old translation here, it's Dragon Dance wouldn't be affected by switching. Then newer translations stated it would be affected by switching. Now the actual english card is ambiguous, and I could see it being argued either way :\

I see what you mean. Your best bet in preventing switch would be having the entire bench as Omega Barrier Pokemon, which are unaffected by the "pull" switching effect, like Lysandre, as it targets the benched (i.e. the Omega Barrier). However, benched Omega Barrier Pokemon are affected by the "push" switching effect, like Escape Rope, as it targets the active (i.e. Haxorus).

Are there any cards in XY-on or even Expanded that prevent supporters from being played then? Lysandre is way more common than Escape Rope.

The only ones I can think of are Sentinel Stoutland (block Supporters while it's on the Active spot) and Blockade Exeggutor (blocks Supporters with its Blockade attack.)
They're both usable only in Expanded.

In addition to the cards Vom listed, there's also Krookodile (XY 71) which prevents Supporter use through a [D][C][C] attack, as opposed to an ability. It also requires a coin flip. Not very good, so... maybe Vom was right in not listing it. :p

Are there any Trainer cards that will return other Trainer cards back to your deck/hand?

Is there a card that lets you evolve psychic Pokemon on your first turn, sort of like Forest of Giant Plants?

Wally is the only card in the Standard format that could evolve a [P] Pokemon on your first turn. If you're wondering if there is a FoGP for [P] in the entirety of Pokemon TCG as we know it, you'll need to specify that is what you are looking for. :)

Are there any cards that can Poison, Sleep, Confuse, or Burn my opponents Pokemon through ability? I'm already aware of the new Hypno and Ariados (AOR). Can be expanded or standard, doesn't matter to me.

Haunter from BREAKthrough's Ability can confuse both Active Pokemon when you play it from your hand.

Munna from Boundaries Crossed is a Basic Pokemon with the "Long Distance Hypnosis" Ability. You flip a coin, and if heads your opponent's Active Pokemon is Asslep, but if tails, your Active Pokemon falls asleep instead.

Both of these, as well as the cards you mentioned carry the risk of inflicting the Special Condition on your own Active Pokemon in addition to your opponent's. However, these are probably the most playable cards with these effects right now.

Amoongus from Next Destinies Confuses and Poisons your opponent's Active Pokemon when you play it from your hand. It has some synergy with Ninetales from Dragons Exalted, but this deck has had some major consistency issues, often won't hit hard enough, and does next to no damage against any Pokemon with immunity to Special Conditions.

The only other card I can think of with an effect like this is Victreebel from Furious Fists, which lets you discard a Grass Energy attached to it to Confus and Poison your opponent's Active Pokemon. The problem is that it's a stage 2., so have fun getting it out. Even with Forest of Giant Plants, there's simply better options in both Standard and Expanded.

Is there a card that's kinda like houndoom ex but lets you search for fire energy in your deck

Is there a card that's kinda like houndoom ex but lets you search for fire energy in your deck
Pokemon who let you attach Fire energy from your deck to your bench are limited to Expanded, currently:

Victini-EX
Chandelure (PLF 16)

There are many [R] Pokemon who attach energy from the deck to themselves after an attack, however, if you were interested in that type of acceleration too.

Back