'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Super pretty card! Kind of surprising that a Legendary is a Common; I have a feeling it'll be bumped up to a higher rarity in the English release. :p

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
Gallade spotted

Pokémon's Twitter

(Pretty cool art)

Wow, i want to see this in english

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
Wow!
130 double colorless (most times)
Good ability
Amazing art
I love it! :p

the bad thing it is a stage 2 :(

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
This card seems actually really good for a stage 2! o_O The attack is surprisingly cheap and strong, and the ability is useful. I guess a difficulty is that you cant attach strong energy to its prevolutions..

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
Fighting Type.

Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick makes this card extremely good. 130 for a DCE, combined with Strong Energy, Fighting Stadium, Muscle Band ETC means you're easily hitting for 180 or more.

The ability is also pretty good.

What this also hints to me is that we're going to be getting another Ralts and Kirlia, just one set since since the last one. Hopefully this set comes with a more playable Gardevoir.

CYL

All hail Eevee!
What this also hints to me is that we're going to be getting another Ralts and Kirlia, just one set since since the last one. Hopefully this set comes with a more playable Gardevoir.

Kind of sad how we keep on getting some Pokémon and haven't seen others for a long time. :(

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Wowzas! That Gallade art is really awesome - it reminds me of Rising Rivals actually. Surprises me that 5ban made it, actually, it looks really detailed!

What makes the card so good, imo, is that the Ability has great synergy with Maxie. You can use the ability to rearrange the top cards so you can guarantee the right draw to stream Maxies. What perhaps worries is me is with such a good card there is possibly going to be a Supporter locker also released in this set.

Rozureido

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe it's just the hype from worlds, but I can definitely see a "Maxie's Gallade" deck becoming a thing. Only thing that could stop it being a tier one deck is Mega Mewtwo Y EX. A Weakness Policy tech could help though as 130 damage minimum (with a DCE and no Fighting Stadium). You could also use a Maxie to get Machamp into play easier for additional boosts.

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
Maybe it's just the hype from worlds, but I can definitely see a "Maxie's Gallade" deck becoming a thing. Only thing that could stop it being a tier one deck is Mega Mewtwo Y EX. A Weakness Policy tech could help though as 130 damage minimum (with a DCE and no Fighting Stadium). You could also use a Maxie to get Machamp into play easier for additional boosts.

Mega Mewtwo Y does not hit for Weakness. The attack specifically states to ignore weakness.

Rozureido

Aspiring Trainer
Mega Mewtwo Y does not hit for Weakness. The attack specifically states to ignore weakness.

I forgot about that. Even better than.

Unless some sort of easy to use supporter lock also comes with this set I don't see how Maxie's Gallade decks won't be tier 1 next season.