TCG Fakes thegrovylekid's Fake Cards - Pokédex Project! (Text Based)

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Wow, only 3 Grass types left.

MEGA UPDATE!!

[part 1]

Skiddo HP: 50 [G]
Basic
672-1.png
[] Baby-Doll Eyes
the defending Pokémon can't attack during your opponent's next turn.

[G][C] Horn Leech 30
Heal 30 damage from this Pokémon for each [G] energy attached to this Pokémon but not used to pay for this attack's cost.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance: [W] -20
Retreat: 1
Gogoat HP: 110 [G]
672.png Stage 1: Evolves from Skiddo
o Stop: Prevent all effects of your opponent's abilities done to this Pokémon.
673.gif

Ability: Lead
Once during your turn, [before you attack] you may search your deck for a supporter card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. You can't use more than 1 Lead ability per turn.

[G][C][C] Herd Charge 60+
This attack does 10 more damage for each Skiddo and Gogoat on your bench.

Retreat: 2
Fennekin HP: 60
Basic
653-1.png
[R] Singe 10
flip a coin. If heads, the defending Pokémon is now burned.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance:
Braxien HP: 80 [R]
653.png Stage 1: Evolves from Fennekin
654-1.png
Ability: Illusory Flames
Each player plays with their hand revealed at all times.

[R][C] Singe 20
Flip a coin. If heads, the defending Pokémon is now burned.

Resistance:
Delphox HP: 100 [R]
654.png Stage 2: Evolves from Braxien
655.png
Ability: Confounding Flames
Once during your turn, [Before you attack] when you play Delphox from your hand to evolve one of your Pokémon, you may use this ability. Your opponent can't play any item cards from his or her hand during his or her next turn.

[R][R] Massive Blaze 60+
This attack does 10 more damage for each [R] Pokémon on your bench.

Resistance:
Eevee HP: 50 [C]
Basic
133.png
Ability: Eevee DNA
This ability can only be used if there is an evolution of Eevee on top of Eevee. Return that evolution of Eevee to your hand. If you do, search your deck for a different evolution of Eevee and put it onto this Pokémon. [this counts as evolving Eevee] Shuffle your deck afterward.

[C] Tackle 10

Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance:
The mega update will continue throughout the day, so stay tuned!

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Mega Update Part 2!

Shellder HP: 40 [W]
Basic
090.png
[W] Clamp 10
Flip a coin. If heads, the defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

[W][C] Shell Smash
Until the end of your next turn, Shellder's attacks do 20 more damage and Shellder takes 10 more damage.

Weakness: [M] x2
Resistance:
Cloyster HP: 90 [W]
090.gif Stage 1: Evolves from Shellder
091.png

Ability: Icicle Spears
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve one of your Pokémon, place 1 damage counter on each of your opponent's Pokémon.

[W][C] Ice Shatter 60
Discard all energy attached to both active Pokémon.

Weakness: [M] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: 2
Helioptile HP: 60 [L]
Basic
∆ Plus: When this Pokémon knocks out one of your opponent's Pokémon, take 1 more prize card.
694.gif

[L] Spark 10+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 10 more damage.

Resistance: [M] -20
Heliolisk HP: 90 [L]
694.png Stage 1: Evolves from Helioptile
695.png
Ability: Solar Generation
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve one of your Pokémon, you may use this ability. Attach up to 3 [L] energy cards from your hand to this Pokémon.

[L][C][C] Parabolic Charge 60
Heal 30 damage from this Pokémon for each [L] energy attached to this Pokémon.

Resistance: [M] -20
Slakoth HP: 60 [C]
Basic
287.png
Ability: Truant
If this Pokémon attacked last turn, this Pokémon can't attack this turn.

[C] Scratch 30

Resistance:
Retreat: 3

Last edited:

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Vigoroth HP: 90 [C]
287.gif Stage 1: Evolves from Slakoth
288.png

[C][C] Hyperactive Slash 50+
This attack does 20 more damage for each damage counter on the defending Pokémon.

[C][C][C] Running Tackle 70+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 30 more damage.

Resistance:

Rakkis157

Aspiring Trainer
You know, if you're going to give something a Drawback Ability, at least make the Pokemon powerful in return. (look at the pi set Piplup I made for reference)

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
You know, if you're going to give something a Drawback Ability, at least make the Pokemon powerful in return. (look at the pi set Piplup I made for reference)
Why? Doing exactly this is what makes things creep up in power, which is not healthy. Plus, there are numerous ability blockers that can be exploited - as well as other ways around the problem - which prevents how good an ability nuke is. If you're talking about things like the Slakoth, most real Slakoth have a drawback, most often the 'flip a coin, this attack does nothing' type of thing.

Rakkis157

Aspiring Trainer
Why? Doing exactly this is what makes things creep up in power, which is not healthy. Plus, there are numerous ability blockers that can be exploited - as well as other ways around the problem - which prevents how good an ability nuke is. If you're talking about things like the Slakoth, most real Slakoth have a drawback, most often the 'flip a coin, this attack does nothing' type of thing.

I was talking about the Slakoth. My bad for not being clear about it.

Yes, I agree that power creep isn't good, but I'm of the opinion that if you are planning to reverse the creep, don't start on the Pokemon that are hurt by it most to begin with. One of the biggest problems stage 2 Pokemon face is that even if the highest form is worth using, the overall strength of its line is quite terrible as the final evolution has to bear the weight of 3 cards instead of 1, and imo, making them weaker than they already are is not something you should do.

Also, there aren't any Slakoth with the "flip a coin, this attack does nothing" drawback, unless you count sleep as one. In fact, IIRC most Slakoths have Flail, an attack to make someone asleep, and one had Amnesia for an attack. I believe there was one all the way back in the EX sets that had the effect of the Truant ability on its attack, but why must we design them as weak as TPC does again?

At least bump the attack up to 30, so it is actually capable of doing *something*.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Slaking HP: 150 [C]
288.png Stage 2: Evolves from Vigoroth
289.png
Ability: Truant
If this Pokémon attacked last turn, this Pokémon cannot attack this turn.

[C] Slack off
heal 50 damage from this Pokémon.

[C][C][C][C][C] Mega Punch 170

Resistance:
Retreat: 5

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Hey Guys, Sorry for the complete lack of updates. I've been wanting to do image faking, but I have no clue how. If someone could show me how or help me, that would be great. Thanks.

Sceptile HP: 130 [G]
253.gif Stage 2: Evolves from Grovyle
254.png
Ability: Leaf Generation
When you play this card from your hand to evolve your active Pokémon, you use this ability. Look at the top 4 cards of your deck, choose as many [G] energy as you like, and attach them to this Pokémon. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[G][G][C] Life Force
Discard all energy attached to Sceptile. Then, heal all damage from all of your benched Pokémon.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Hey Guys, Sorry for the complete lack of updates. I've been wanting to do image faking, but I have no clue how. If someone could show me how or help me, that would be great. Thanks.

I'm not a great/common image-faker, but I do know how to get started! That is, I know a great tutorial to get started! Find it here. The tutorial literally has all the steps you need to get started. A note for there, you can find XY/ORAS blanks at #PokemonCardResources on DeviantArt; I personally use Aschefield's blanks.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
I'm not a great/common image-faker, but I do know how to get started! That is, I know a great tutorial to get started! Find it here. The tutorial literally has all the steps you need to get started. A note for there, you can find XY/ORAS blanks at #PokemonCardResources on DeviantArt; I personally use Aschefield's blanks.
Wow!
Just one tiny little problem
imgres.jpg

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Sweet. I had no idea when I first started! I eyeballed a lot of stuff, and depending on who's blanks you use, there may be a font guide for ya. I do hope you're not starting off with an EX btw...
I don't use EXes, I hate them. I hate them all! [Except Mewtwo, Love Mewtwo EX] I'm starting with Treecko.

I give up. I have no clue how the heck to do anything, I'm sticking to Text-Based.

Last edited by a moderator:

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
I am so angry right now it's not even funny.
Buneary HP: 50 [C]
Basic
427.png
[C] Frustration 10x
This attack does 10 damage times the number of damage counters on Buneary. Buneary does 10 damage to itself.

[C][C] Return 10+
If Buneary has no damage counters on it, this attack does 40 more damage.

Resistance:

Now that I'm in a better mood [PM me or ask on my status if you want to find out why]

Lopunny HP: 90 [C]
427.gif Stage 1: Evolves From Buneary
428.png

Ability: Sensitive Hearing
If this Pokémon would be damaged by attacks, flip a coin. If heads, prevent that damage.

[C][C] Return 30+
If this Pokémon has no damage on it, this attack does 60 more damage.

Resistance:

LEVEL X HYPE!!!

Lopunny Lvl. X HP: 120 [C]
LEVEL UP: Put Onto Lopunny
428.gif
[C][C] Power-Up Punch 10+
this attack does 10 more damage each consecutive turn you use it.

[C][C][C] High Jump Kick 130
Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does no damage and Lopunny Lvl. X Takes 60 damage.

Put this card onto your active Lopunny. Lopunny Lvl. X can use any attack or ability from it's previous level.

Resistance:
Retreat: 0

Sceptile Lvl. X HP: 160 [G]
LEVEL UP: Put onto Sceptile
254.gif
Ability: Forest's Gift
When you Play Sceptile Lvl. X from your hand onto your active Sceptile, you may use this ability. Search your deck for 2 [G] energy and attach them to this Pokémon. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[G][C] Leaf Blade 60+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 30 more damage.

Put this card onto your active Sceptile. Sceptile Lvl. X can use any attack or ability from it's previous level.

Retreat: 0

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Oooooh, very nice! I like how you've chosen Base Set blanks for this, although I assume this is XY power and wording?

On the technical side, I think (take this with a grain of salt) I think the attack energy costs are a bit too small. Have you compared them against other cards from the same era? That is one of the best ways to check placements and etc. I'm not actually sure if placements and everything are good though. Photosythensis /does/ have the incorrect font, so you probably should change that. Grass and Colourless should also be the actual silhouetted symbol, which you can find here.

On the wording side, Growth should say:
"Search your deck for a Basic Energy card and attach it..."

Photosynthesis:
"Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your discard pile for a [G] Energy card and attach it to this Pokémon."

Forest's Force:
"This attack does 10 more damage for each [G] Energy attached to this Pokémon."

Leaf Storm:
"Discard as many Energy attached to your Benched [G] Pokémon as you like. This attack does 30 damage times the number of Energy cards you discarded.

String Shot:
"Flip a coin. If heads, during your opponent's next turn, the attack cost of each of the Defending Pokémon's attacks is [C] more.

Images are certainly better! ^_^ Just watch all the grammar and other formatting mistakes, as well as actual wording, as they all really do degrade from the actual card quality when they're wrong, and add if they're correct.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Oooooh, very nice! I like how you've chosen Base Set blanks for this, although I assume this is XY power and wording?

On the technical side, I think (take this with a grain of salt) I think the attack energy costs are a bit too small. Have you compared them against other cards from the same era? That is one of the best ways to check placements and etc. I'm not actually sure if placements and everything are good though. Photosythensis /does/ have the incorrect font, so you probably should change that. Grass and Colourless should also be the actual silhouetted symbol, which you can find here.

On the wording side, Growth should say:
"Search your deck for a Basic Energy card and attach it..."

Photosynthesis:
"Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your discard pile for a [G] Energy card and attach it to this Pokémon."

Forest's Force:
"This attack does 10 more damage for each [G] Energy attached to this Pokémon."

Leaf Storm:
"Discard as many Energy attached to your Benched [G] Pokémon as you like. This attack does 30 damage times the number of Energy cards you discarded.

String Shot:
"Flip a coin. If heads, during your opponent's next turn, the attack cost of each of the Defending Pokémon's attacks is [C] more.

Images are certainly better! ^_^ Just watch all the grammar and other formatting mistakes, as well as actual wording, as they all really do degrade from the actual card quality when they're wrong, and add if they're correct.
That's actually the massive hole in this image plan. the site I'm using to create cards doesn't allow me to put energy symbols into the attack or power text, and only allows base set blanks. http://www.pokecard.net/ is what I'm using because I can't figure out GIMP at all, so this is the best I've got.

Okay, let's try this.
Caterpie_Deckromancer.jpg
Metapod_Deckromancer.jpg