Bronzong Variants

Saryn

Life, don't change my fate. God, entomb my hate
Shield Energy are not bad options, but are weak to Bronzong's Ability and Trainers that aim for Special Energies.

I like to use Golduck BCR #35, it's a thing to use against Pyroars. A Water-type Pokémon with Amnesia for one Colorless and free retreat, I like it.

asdjklghty

-------------
TheDoctor18 said:
Camoclone said:
You just kill what they are attacking with using M-Aggron EX. You OHKO everything they play if you flip heads. Aegislash can also wall them (if it is a toolbox fairies) or be a more consistent way of OHKO'ing (if it is a straight fairies).

Question regarding victini's ability.

If I play megaton hammer then flip for 120 but it went tails, I used victiinies ability to negate the effects, will I gain the additional damage or should I flip again but this time if it went tails, I cant negate it's effect?

I don't understand your question. If you decide to reflip using Victory Star and get heads, you will get the additional 120 damage.

JediofBazinga

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys what do you think of the bronzong variant at the moment and for the future? Which do you like the most and/or is the most fun (dialga or Mega-Aggron)? I think it mega aggron might get better since it its the number to OHKO that mega rayquaza.

MrIronGolem27

Primal Dialga!
I dunno. M Aggron might be a bit slow due to the crazy support needed for it. Much of it rotates out soon. It simply might not get a chance.

RequiemCrysis

Aspiring Trainer
Is Seismitoad EX good addition on this deck? From my try, this deck feels slow and no good early attacker(except Cobalion EX, but I don't have one).

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz
Personally, I don't mind having an attacker that does 30 damage at the beginning. When you get rolling later on with your Dialga and Aegislash EXs, the early 30 damage helps you a lot so you aren't missing 10-30 damage from a KO.
About the Toad, I can see him being in the deck, but I don't like the idea too much. You have to use a DCE on him for his attack T1 right? But the deck isn't centered around him; it's centered around Aegislash and Dialga EX. They both need DCE, and assuming 1 is prized then it puts you in a tighter spot later on. With Trump it might be Okay, but many metal decks don't run it. For now, he's not a bad replacement for Cobalion EX, but if you get one I'd suggest running it in the deck against Toad decks (it's crucial to beating them).

MrIronGolem27

Primal Dialga!
I think a whole part about this deck's matchup against Toad is

1) Knocking off the Energy attached to Toad using Cobalion-EX
2) Walling damage (but not the item lock) of Toad using Aegislash-EX
3) Getting up in the prize trade with Heatran-PHF, which can really hurt
4) Using Dialga-EX to block Toad from attacking.

Using Toad to beat Toad just doesn't work, especially when you can devote ZERO support to it.

tototavros

Aspiring Trainer
I think a whole part about this deck's matchup against Toad is

1) Knocking off the Energy attached to Toad using Cobalion-EX
2) Walling damage (but not the item lock) of Toad using Aegislash-EX
3) Getting up in the prize trade with Heatran-PHF, which can really hurt
4) Using Dialga-EX to block Toad from attacking.

Using Toad to beat Toad just doesn't work, especially when you can devote ZERO support to it.
The reason why this deck works so well against Toad is that it accelerates from the discard. I'm not sure about the whole EX-* era, but I'd guess that Blaziken/Delcatty decks were pretty good against energy denial decks (if they existed) due to most energy denial decks sending energy into the discard. It also helps that Steel Shelter exists, thus negating a little less than 40% of Toad's damaging power (a little less than 60% if we count poison going into your turn then out of your turn).

MrIronGolem27

Primal Dialga!
The reason why this deck works so well against Toad is that it accelerates from the discard. I'm not sure about the whole EX-* era, but I'd guess that Blaziken/Delcatty decks were pretty good against energy denial decks (if they existed) due to most energy denial decks sending energy into the discard. It also helps that Steel Shelter exists, thus negating a little less than 40% of Toad's damaging power (a little less than 60% if we count poison going into your turn then out of your turn).

Oh, yeah, that too. Heck, that's the biggest thing about it.

Sadly, Bronzong PHF is going to be SLOW against M-Ray decks...

yahmobethere1

Aspiring Trainer
Sadly, Bronzong PHF is going to be SLOW against M-Ray decks...

I'm looking at making my metal deck more cobalion ex and aegislash ex centered, so I can get early DCEs discarded with cobalion or stall with aegislash. Mega ray ray relies on those DCEs to attack.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrIronGolem27

Primal Dialga!

I'm looking at making my metal deck more cobalion ex and aegislash ex centered, so I can get early DCEs discarded with cobalion or stall with aegislash. Mega ray ray relies on those DCEs to attack

Yeah, but they only give up a turn of attachment to go the long way around. Furthermore, Mega Turbo helps alleviate if not negate the need for DCE.

Raksha

Resident Rare Hunter
i have been testing a special variant with scizor prime as his pokebody allows special energy attackers useless,
my question is that
a. how would you guys get past scizor as a good portion of decks do use atleast dce
b. what are the usual issues with attempting to use bronzong in unlimited compared to standard
note: i have been doing testing online

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
i have been testing a special variant with scizor prime as his pokebody allows special energy attackers useless,
my question is that
a. how would you guys get past scizor as a good portion of decks do use atleast dce
b. what are the usual issues with attempting to use bronzong in unlimited compared to standard
note: i have been doing testing online
I'm not especially knowledgable about unlimited or Scizor Prime in particular, but I /do/ know that Aegislash-EX is effectively the same thing in Standard format, and is not overly difficult to play around with Lysandre and the simple ability to not play a DCE down.

Talkingcat

Aspiring Trainer
Everyone see that a Bronzong deck won Canadian Nationals?

I only caught the stream for a bit, but the deck had Toad, Mewtwo EX, Aegislash EX and Heatran. Didn't see if it had Dialga.

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz
Everyone see that a Bronzong deck won Canadian Nationals?

I only caught the stream for a bit, but the deck had Toad, Mewtwo EX, Aegislash EX and Heatran. Didn't see if it had Dialga.
It had Dialga-EX. It wasn't techy in any way, literally just a straight Metal build.

exxtrooper

Spooky spooky tree
How would bronzong fair with the new Metagross coming with ancient origins? It does more damage than dialga.

exxtrooper

Spooky spooky tree
It has changed a bit but here is some thing similar to my list (it's not exactly like my list). It is pretty much grantm1999's list.

Pokemon: 15

• 4x Bronzong
    4x Bronzor
    3x Dialga EX
    2x Heatran
    1x Aegislash EX
    1x Cobalion EX

Trainer: 34

• 4x Professor Juniper
    4x N
    2x Colress
    2x Lysandre
    1x Shauna
    4x VS Seeker
    4x Ultra Ball
    4x Switch
    3x Muscle Band
    3x Battle Compressor
    2x Startling Megaphone
    1x Computer Search

Energy: 11

• 7x Metal Energy
    4x Double Colorless Energy

How does the deck work without Keldeo? Does it just rely on 4 switch?

exxtrooper

Spooky spooky tree
That was a long time ago (before Seis was huge). It works ok but until Keldeo is rotated Keldeo is superior.
I just noticed the date i seem to have missed that. Is pure metal decks still in the meta? It doesnt seem like Dialga Ex do enough damage for its ex status with it unable to take down all the megas pokemon that seem to run the mill now.

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
I just noticed the date i seem to have missed that. Is pure metal decks still in the meta? It doesnt seem like Dialga Ex do enough damage for its ex status with it unable to take down all the megas pokemon that seem to run the mill now.
It actually won Canada's Nationals :p. It's pretty decent but I think the general consensus is that playing Metal with M Rayquaza-EX is better.