Bronzong Variants

In my deck I currently have 2 Cobalion EX, 3 dialga EX, 1 Aegislash EX, 1 heatran, and 1 baby cobalion with a 3-3 bronzong line. I have 2 skarmory EX that I was considering but felt that Dialga and aegislash both out class this pokemon as an attacker. I could use those two spots for mewtwo EX, or try to get raichu or beartic in the deck.

I find haxorus pretty good if you can get it set up. Its a 1 prize attacker, and with Cobalion Ex, you can deal with Seismitoad with DCE. I've had succeess with my haxorus deck online, though i havent really played it in anything serious yet.

4 energy to do 160 is quite expensive and can be hard to charge if you get knocked out every turn by a cheaper attacker.

Serperior said:
What are your thoughts on the Scizor from Boundaries Crossed?

Someone actually made top 8 (possibly even top 4) at a cities with Scizor in here. Personally I think it just makes this deck even clunkier than it already is. Most decks have ways around Scizor.

I agree with Camoclone. Scizor BCR is an okay card, but so many people run non-EX cards as counters for handicaps like Scizor and Jolteon PLF
Slashing Strike would be okay paired with Keldeo-EX/Float Stone but it's not worth creating a rogue deck just for scizor to get some recognition.

What are we gonna do next season when Keldeo is rotated out. Im building an XY-On deck so im wondering what to use. Also is Mega Metagross or Mega Aggron better for this sort of deck

Mega Aggron is probably gonna be played, almost nothing can one-shot it or with the new Shield energy even two-shot it

Can someone run me through why steel/Bronzong isn't more competitive? It has awesome acceleration, some excellent attackers, great support in the form of steel shelter. Its main type weakness is not that strong a presence-and even if fire/Pyroar is around, surely it is no worse off than VirGen, which stayed at the top despite Pyroar.

Talkingcat said:
Can someone run me through why steel/Bronzong isn't more competitive? It has awesome acceleration, some excellent attackers, great support in the form of steel shelter. Its main type weakness is not that strong a presence-and even if fire/Pyroar is around, surely it is no worse off than VirGen, which stayed at the top despite Pyroar.

Because it's best attacker is no better then Zekrom EX, which is a hardly used EX (even when it had Dynamotor to use). Every other attacker takes 3 energy attachments to hit for any significant damage, and it's energy acceleration is an ability-based Stage 1 in an environment with Garbodor and Seismitoad EX.

Also, it can only OHKO 170 HP EX's if it has 1 DCE/2 Metal (or 4 Metal), a Dialga EX, and a Muscle Band, and needs a Hypnotoxic Laser to OHKO 180 HP EX, such as Landorus EX, Lucario EX, Darkrai EX, and the aforementioned Seismitoad EX.

I'm going to experiment with Plasma Klinklang - a 2 - 1 - 2 line - and once I get the rest of the cards I need for it I'll see if it's worth running or not. I can see it working in theory but only time will tell.

I built a Deck based more around Aegislash EX that also includs Plasma steel KlinkKlang and Bronzong. It is actually more consistant than my Dialga EX Bronzong deck which seems kinda weird to me but thats what I have noticed. In my deck I run a 2-2-2 KlingKlang line with no rare candies and it has worked well for me.

Seismitoad EX dosent really hurt the metal deck because your Ideal starter is cobalion EX which slows down seismitoad EX with Cobalion EX's attack discarding a special energy.

I have been testing this deck for a while and I was wondering if you guys had any good ideas to make this deck as consistent as possible.

Ironman131 said:
I built a Deck based more around Aegislash EX that also includs Plasma steel KlinkKlang and Bronzong. It is actually more consistant than my Dialga EX Bronzong deck which seems kinda weird to me but thats what I have noticed. In my deck I run a 2-2-2 KlingKlang line with no rare candies and it has worked well for me.

Seismitoad EX dosent really hurt the metal deck because your Ideal starter is cobalion EX which slows down seismitoad EX with Cobalion EX's attack discarding a special energy.

What Pokemon do you run? 2-2-2 Klingklang and 3-2 or 3-3 Bronzong leaves so little space for anything else.

I like the idea of a more Aegislash-focused deck, along with Hammers and maybe Team Flare Grunt to take out non-special energy. But I don't quite see how to make it work with Klingklang.

Talkingcat said:
Ironman131 said:

What Pokemon do you run? 2-2-2 Klingklang and 3-2 or 3-3 Bronzong leaves so little space for anything else.

I like the idea of a more Aegislash-focused deck, along with Hammers and maybe Team Flare Grunt to take out non-special energy. But I don't quite see how to make it work with Klingklang.

Aye. The problem is that Klinklang and Bronzong together means you need a whole lot of setup. I built versions of the deck that could get you set up quick, then drew dead when it came time to attack. I built versions of the deck that attacked really well, provided the opponent left you alone for seven turns while you got everything in place.

The other problem is that everything has a high retreat cost, you don't have room for too many switches; my Klinklang would get catchered and killed before I could do anything about it.

My best advice is to run the deck with one or two Klinks and see if you can spook your opponent into targeting those rather than the bronzongs or your attackers.

I understand this is a Bronzong variants thread so I'll try not to stray too far off topic.

You can't run Bronzong and Klinklang. It doesn't work, or rather, when it does work it'll be spectacular, and the other 90% of the time it will be a miserable mess. I made Top Cut at a Cities with a PlasmaKlang deck (gotta love Cities where anything goes ha). You pretty much run a beefy line of Klinklang (3-2-3 at the lightest), and then Cobalion EX and Aegislash EX. It's extremely effective, although kind of boring and not very fun. Your opponent can't do anything, and if they're the ornery type they'll just stall for time and you get a tie (which almost kept me out of Top Cut). Definitely not a deck I'd consider for Regionals. Far too slow for best of 3 format. Pretty much an autoloss to Pyroar also (obviously).

PM me if you have any questions.

I have played it many times and it has worked about 85-90% of the time. My pokemon list includes 2-2-2 Klingklang, 3-3 Bronzong, 2 Aeigislash EX, 1 Cobalion Ex, 1 dialga EX, 2 Heatran. Most of the time I start with a bronzong or a klink, I also play multiple pokemon fan club to help get everything out quickly. I havent really played against any pyroar with the deck but yeah it does have a bad matchup against pyroar and any other fire tye pokemon. Im ok with taking an autoloss to a single deck especially one that isnt played much currently if I have a good matchup against most other decks.

Ironman131 said:
I have played it many times and it has worked about 85-90% of the time. My pokemon list includes 2-2-2 Klingklang, 3-3 Bronzong, 2 Aeigislash EX, 1 Cobalion Ex, 1 dialga EX, 2 Heatran. Most of the time I start with a bronzong or a klink, I also play multiple pokemon fan club to help get everything out quickly. I havent really played against any pyroar with the deck but yeah it does have a bad matchup against pyroar and any other fire tye pokemon. Im ok with taking an autoloss to a single deck especially one that isnt played much currently if I have a good matchup against most other decks.

I really doubt it is as consistent as you say it is. Almost every popular deck has an out to Klingklang. I see no reason to sacrifice consistency (the deck already has consistency problems) for something that doesn't help against a fair portion of the meta.

Dark: Baby Yveltal and sometime Garb
Donphan: Donphan...
Aromatisse: Cobalion EX or baby Xerneas
Seis: Garb
Night March: Any marcher
Pyroar: Pyroar
VirGen: G-Booster and Red signal
Fighting: Garb or Crobat
Manectric: Most play a non-attacker

I never said the deck was the best metal deck there was. I know stage 2 decks are often inconsistent. The Klingklang deck i play is consistent where i get turn 2 Bronzong out with turn 3 Klingklang out. In decks that use reliy heavily on non EX attackers like night march, and donphan i dont even set up the klingklang so i dont have to waste a bench space on something that will have no effect. And against other decks that focus on more Ex attackers i take out the no EX attackers as soon as I can. And most of the other decks you mentioned play special energy where in my deck i have aeigislash EX which can slow some of there attackers down. garbador really isnt played that often anymore either.

What are people's thoughts on the usefulness of Steel Shelter and Max Potion. I haven't been able to play many match-ups, but space is so tight in this deck.

Part of me wants to go a similar route to Fairy Toolbox, and sacrifice some of the OHKO options for versatility, and abuse of Max Potion. I think that might be a better option for consistency, and since it's pretty difficult to set up the OHKO anyways.

Back