Bronzong Variants

Camoclone said:
This deck needs a 4-4 Bronzong line and 8 metal. 2 Aegislash EX and 2 lasers on the other hand are not necessary. I only run 1 Aegislash EX in my Metal list and it has been working pretty well for me. A 1 of Battle Compressor is amazing in this deck. Right now I'm testing a variant of this deck that plays 4 Fan Club. It's working pretty well for me.

If you dont mind me asking can you provide your decklist for comparison to the above mentioned deck list? Thanks in advance.

stazza91 said:
Camoclone said:
This deck needs a 4-4 Bronzong line and 8 metal. 2 Aegislash EX and 2 lasers on the other hand are not necessary. I only run 1 Aegislash EX in my Metal list and it has been working pretty well for me. A 1 of Battle Compressor is amazing in this deck. Right now I'm testing a variant of this deck that plays 4 Fan Club. It's working pretty well for me.

If you dont mind me asking can you provide your decklist for comparison to the above mentioned deck list? Thanks in advance.
It has changed a bit but here is some thing similar to my list (it's not exactly like my list). It is pretty much grantm1999's list.

Pokemon: 15

• 4x Bronzong
    4x Bronzor
    3x Dialga EX
    2x Heatran
    1x Aegislash EX
    1x Cobalion EX

Trainer: 34

• 4x Professor Juniper
    4x N
    2x Colress
    2x Lysandre
    1x Shauna
    4x VS Seeker
    4x Ultra Ball
    4x Switch
    3x Muscle Band
    3x Battle Compressor
    2x Startling Megaphone
    1x Computer Search

Energy: 11

• 7x Metal Energy
    4x Double Colorless Energy

Shouldn't Heatran be listed as a "good addition" in the deck list? Being able to hit for 130HP without any modifiers seems very useful.

Talkingcat said:
Shouldn't Heatran be listed as a "good addition" in the deck list? Being able to hit for 130HP without any modifiers seems very useful.

Done. It's hard to keep up with every list :p.

Will a Mega Aggron EX list be added on Feb. 4 or should we wait to see how it performs at Florida Regionals and States?

Gengar master said:
Will a Mega Aggron EX list be added on Feb. 4 or should we wait to see how it performs at Florida Regionals and States?

Mega Aggron will be added sometime soon :p. A lot of players (including me) are focusing on other regionals first. It will be added before Flordia regionals although Flordia will be a good test for some of the new decks. You can still discuss Primal Clash stuff it just won't be added to the OP yet.

So I got myself 3 aggron ex and a mega from boxes. Is he going to be the face of metal decks?
I see people play with like:

Brozong line
Aegislash
2-2 aggron
2 victory star victini
Thoughts?

HBK19 said:
So I got myself 3 aggron ex and a mega from boxes. Is he going to be the face of metal decks?

Brozong line
Aegislash
2-2 aggron
2 victory star victini
Thoughts?

I tested this deck with a friend, and it's incredibly deadly once set up. Aggron is so hard to kill. If it's active with full HP, it's more than likely going to take 3-4 prizes. And they really have to put in work to get the 2HKO. As long as you build your list correctly, it's not that slow or inconsistent either. My friend usually got Aggron set up turn 3-4, which isn't that long. His list plays 2 Aegislash, 1 Fliptini, a Heatran (for Safeguard), and 2 Shrine of Memories. The cool thing about Shrine is when your opponent does 120+ damage to your M Aggron (which they basically need to do to get the 2HKO), you can use Raging Hammer and KO an EX, while not having to flip for Megaton Slam. I think it's going to be very strong next format.

Machamp The Champion said:
HBK19 said:

Brozong line
Aegislash
2-2 aggron
2 victory star victini
Thoughts?

I tested this deck with a friend, and it's incredibly deadly once set up. Aggron is so hard to kill. If it's active with full HP, it's more than likely going to take 3-4 prizes. And they really have to put in work to get the 2HKO. As long as you build your list correctly, it's not that slow or inconsistent either. My friend usually got Aggron set up turn 3-4, which isn't that long. His list plays 2 Aegislash, 1 Fliptini, a Heatran (for Safeguard), and 2 Shrine of Memories. The cool thing about Shrine is when your opponent does 120+ damage to your M Aggron (which they basically need to do to get the 2HKO), you can use Raging Hammer and KO an EX, while not having to flip for Megaton Slam. I think it's going to be very strong next format.

I'm really interested to see how this decklist plays; it seems like pricing for other metal attackers may go down a bit because of this.

Something even more terrifying? Mega Aggron isn't OHKO'd by VirGen without 2 Deoxys on bench. Maybe it's just me not knowing how easy it is to set that up, but I think VirGen took a minor hit there.

You would need 4 Deoxys EX on the bench in order to ohko M aggron. That will likley be the toughest pokemon to knock out because there are not many pokemon that can hit those big numbers and not very many fire types that can do 120 damage.

Ironman131 said:
You would need 4 Deoxys EX on the bench in order to ohko M aggron. That will likley be the toughest pokemon to knock out because there are not many pokemon that can hit those big numbers and not very many fire types that can do 120 damage.

...for some reason I thought Gene could have both Muscle and G-Booster. Oooops.
The point stands, though; this is a terrifying card.

rauber said:
Any reason to not run the shield energies? They seen good to me.

You can't accelerate shield energy through Metal Links (Bronzong's ability). They would just clunk up the deck.

HBK19 said:

Brozong line
Aegislash
2-2 aggron
2 victory star victini
Thoughts?

Any chance to know the Deck recipe? =)

TheDoctor18 said:

You mean my deck list? There's really not much special about it. Just take the skeleton list in the original post, and add the stuff I mentioned in that post. The only other cool thing my friend played was 2 Repeat Ball and only 3 Ultra Ball. I like the Repeat Ball, as it can get our your Bronzong line very quickly. If you draw it when you would normally need Ultra Ball, the deck doesn't mind too much, as it can usually take its time setting up.

TheDoctor18 said:

You mean my deck list? There's really not much special about it. Just take the skeleton list in the original post, and add the stuff I mentioned in that post. The only other cool thing my friend played was 2 Repeat Ball and only 3 Ultra Ball. I like the Repeat Ball, as it can get our your Bronzong line very quickly. If you draw it when you would normally need Ultra Ball, the deck doesn't mind too much, as it can usually take its time setting up.

What do you against fairy decks that have already set up?

TheDoctor18 said:

You just kill what they are attacking with using M-Aggron EX. You OHKO everything they play if you flip heads. Aegislash can also wall them (if it is a toolbox fairies) or be a more consistent way of OHKO'ing (if it is a straight fairies).

Camoclone said:
TheDoctor18 said:
You just kill what they are attacking with using M-Aggron EX. You OHKO everything they play if you flip heads. Aegislash can also wall them (if it is a toolbox fairies) or be a more consistent way of OHKO'ing (if it is a straight fairies).

Question regarding victini's ability.

If I play megaton hammer then flip for 120 but it went tails, I used victiinies ability to negate the effects, will I gain the additional damage or should I flip again but this time if it went tails, I cant negate it's effect?

Back