'Ancient Origins' Set List Discussion Thread

CYL

All hail Eevee!
Why did they make it a custom in the first place to have both ancient trait and regular cards of the same Pokémon in one set?

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Why did they make it a custom in the first place to have both ancient trait and regular cards of the same Pokémon in one set?

No one can really say, I think it was to make complete evolutionary lines more accesible to younger players while still having the more powerful AT cards available for collectors/competitive players.

So with M-Rayquaza EX (shiny FA)'s number confirmed, this opens up 2 several possibilities for the UR numbering section. Either P-Groudon or P-Kyogre are going to be grouped together with M-Ray after the main set of FA's or P-Kyogre and P-Groudon would be mixed in with the other FA's and all of the numbers get shifted downwards with the supporters being number 96-97.

Rhesis

Chandelure Fan
So with M-Rayquaza EX (shiny FA)'s number confirmed, this opens up 2 several possibilities for the UR numbering section. Either P-Groudon or P-Kyogre are going to be grouped together with M-Ray after the main set of FA's or P-Kyogre and P-Groudon would be mixed in with the other FA's and all of the numbers get shifted downwards with the supporters being number 96-97.

MRay is a Secret Rare Card so it has to be after the UR Cards and also Groudon P and Kyogre P so the numbers would be:

82 Sceptile EX FA
83 Mega Sceptile EX FA
84 Kyurem EX FA
85 Ampharos EX FA
86 Mega Ampharos EX FA
87 Machamp EX FA
88 Hoopa EX FA
89 Tyranitar EX FA
90 Mega Tyranitar EX FA
91 Lugia EX FA
92 Ace Trainer FA
93 Primal Kyogre EX FA
94 Primal Groudon EX FA
95 Mega Rayquaza EX FA

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
MRay is a Secret Rare Card so it has to be after the UR Cards and also Groudon P and Kyogre P so the numbers would be:

82 Sceptile EX FA
83 Mega Sceptile EX FA
84 Kyurem EX FA
85 Ampharos EX FA
86 Mega Ampharos EX FA
87 Machamp EX FA
88 Hoopa EX FA
89 Tyranitar EX FA
90 Mega Tyranitar EX FA
91 Lugia EX FA
92 Ace Trainer FA
93 Primal Kyogre EX FA
94 Primal Groudon EX FA
95 Mega Rayquaza EX FA

There are 97 cards included in the set (excluding SR's) on the set page according to WPM. If M-Rayquaza EX shiny FA was indeed a SR, wouldn't its number be higher than 97?

BugPokemonMaster316

The Bug Master
There are 97 cards included in the set (excluding SR's) on the set page according to WPM. If M-Rayquaza EX shiny FA was indeed a SR, wouldn't its number be higher than 97?
It seems that the list Rhesis posted is fairly accurate. While the initial reveal stated the set would contain 97+ cards, it's possible that the number of cards was changed. The M Raquaza FA is a SR, as indicated by the UR in the corner of the card. UR in Japan is used to label cards that are known as SRs when they are released in English.

whirlpoolm51

Aspiring Trainer
In bandit ring the 3 shinys are UR's ( Japanese's secret rares) and the full arts are all SR's ( Super rares).
this is the description from amiami....
Randomly assorted from 81 types + ???.
(Normal) Common x37 types, Uncommon x24 types
(Kira) Rare x9 types, Double Rare x11 types, Super Rare x11 types
now add in the 3 UR shinys.
If there are full art supporters in bandit ring than they would have to not make a full art from one or two of the RR's , the full art supporters are SR's.
Are you sure the 97 card count wasn't for ancient origins maybe??
there are 92 cards in bandit ring plus the 3 UR's ( Japanese secret rares)

whirlpoolm51

Aspiring Trainer

82 Sceptile EX FA
83 Mega Sceptile EX FA
84 Kyurem EX FA
85 Ampharos EX FA
86 Mega Ampharos EX FA
87 Machamp EX FA
88 Hoopa EX FA
89 Tyranitar EX FA
90 Mega Tyranitar EX FA
91 Lugia EX FA
92 Ace Trainer FA
93 Primal Kyogre EX FA
94 Primal Groudon EX FA
95 Mega Rayquaza EX FA
Mega ray , p kyogre and p groudon are the UR's , in japanese all secret rares are labeled UR and all full arts labled SR.
You also forgot giratina FA in your list so that leaves no space for a full art supporter unless they don't give one of the ex's a full art.

Rhesis

Chandelure Fan

Mega ray , p kyogre and p groudon are the UR's , in japanese all secret rares are labeled UR and all full arts labled SR.
You also forgot giratina FA in your list so that leaves no space for a full art supporter unless they don't give one of the ex's a full art.
Then this will be the list:

82 Sceptile EX FA
83 Mega Sceptile EX FA
84 Kyurem EX FA
85 Ampharos EX FA
86 Mega Ampharos EX FA
87 Machamp EX FA
88 Hoopa EX FA
89 Tyranitar EX FA
90 Mega Tyranitar EX FA
91 Giratina EX FA
92 Lugia EX FA
93 Primal Kyogre EX FA
94 Primal Groudon EX FA
95 Mega Rayquaza EX FA
96 ??? Gold (Reprint) Item
97 ??? Gold (Reprint) Item

It seems that we won't have an Ace Trainer FA...

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Well, the information I was basing this off of was from this ad that was translated to the Bandit Ring set having 97 cards excluding secret rares. So if the information about the set has changed so that this image is now incorrect, I retract my earlier statements for numbering.

bandit-ring.jpg

whirlpoolm51

Aspiring Trainer
Well, the information I was basing this off of was from this ad that was translated to the Bandit Ring set having 97 cards excluding secret rares. So if the information about the set has changed so that this image is now incorrect, I retract my earlier statements for numbering.

bandit-ring.jpg
That's weird lol it has to be wrong because than that would mean , including the secret rare shinys , that the set would be 100 cards lol

whirlpoolm51

Aspiring Trainer
okay , so the poster has to be wrong because ralts is numbered 53/81 so after 81 starts the full arts ( i.e 82/81 , 83/81 etc etc) So after the 11 full arts comes the 3 UR's so that in fact does end up being 95 cards total including the secret rares. There are not 97 in the set so they must have changed it or messed up.
82/81 Sceptile EX FA
83/81 Mega Sceptile EX FA
84/81 Kyurem EX FA
85/81 Ampharos EX FA
86/81 Mega Ampharos EX FA
87/81 Machamp EX FA
88/81 Hoopa EX FA
89/81 Tyranitar EX FA
90/81 Mega Tyranitar EX FA
91/81 Giratina EX FA
92/81 Lugia EX FA
93/81 Primal Kyogre EX FA
94/81 Primal Groudon EX FA
95/81 Mega Rayquaza EX FA
This should be it for the SR and UR part of the set list.
Now they could have messed up the poster and actually put the full number of cards that are in the set meaning we could see 2 more UR ( secret rares) but I highly doubt it

Frosty

Bleh.
okay , so the poster has to be wrong because ralts is numbered 53/81 so after 81 starts the full arts ( i.e 82/81 , 83/81 etc etc) So after the 11 full arts comes the 3 UR's so that in fact does end up being 95 cards total including the secret rares. There are not 97 in the set so they must have changed it or messed up.
82/81 Sceptile EX FA
83/81 Mega Sceptile EX FA
84/81 Kyurem EX FA
85/81 Ampharos EX FA
86/81 Mega Ampharos EX FA
87/81 Machamp EX FA
88/81 Hoopa EX FA
89/81 Tyranitar EX FA
90/81 Mega Tyranitar EX FA
91/81 Giratina EX FA
92/81 Lugia EX FA
93/81 Primal Kyogre EX FA
94/81 Primal Groudon EX FA
95/81 Mega Rayquaza EX FA
This should be it for the SR and UR part of the set list.
Now they could have messed up the poster and actually put the full number of cards that are in the set meaning we could see 2 more UR ( secret rares) but I highly doubt it
Where is the Supporter FA?
EDIT: NVM just looked at a few posts above.

WhoopsyDaisy

Aspiring Trainer
I am very upset about Ace Trainer. I was planning on Gourgeist being a possible tier 1 deck as soon as N rotated but Ace Trainer is gonna be a 4-of as well.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I don't think we're going to be getting any gold item cards. Our SRs appear to be the shiny EXs, am I right?

whirlpoolm51

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think we're going to be getting any gold item cards. Our SRs appear to be the shiny EXs, am I right?
Well this is the case for bandit ring , who knows what they will do with English set.
So yes , there are no gold item cards in bandit ring and evidence is mounting that there will be no full art supporter cards either. Maybe in ancient origins there will be FA supporters but who knows lol