Be sure to read the previous news story about the next TCG set, featuring Arceus.
Arceus fainted as a result of its collision with the meteorite. This is because the shock of the impact made it lose its 16 wells of life (the Plates from the games). A man named Damos found the missing 16 wells and delivered them to Arceus. Recovered thanks to Damos’ help, Arceus made the “Life Jewel” to show its gratitude to Damos by taking the powers of Water, Grass, Ground, Lightning, and Dragon from the life wells in its own body. Thinking the soil of Michiina (which was nothing but a spreading wasteland) was something to be pitied, he lent the jewel to Damos. Damos made the ruined soil of Michiina rich by channeling Arceus’ overflowing power from the Life Jewel.
However, since the Life Jewel was only being “lent,” a pact was made between Damos and Arceus. “Until the day when the sun is extinguished,” Damos would return the Life Jewel to Arceus on the date of the next solar eclipse. Then finally, the agreed-upon day came when the Life Jewel was to be returned to Arceus…
Additionally, a scan of several pages from an “Ultimate Preview Book” manga from CoroCoro has surfaced on 2ch. The manga is an adaptation of the 12th movie, so much of what occurs in it will probably occur in the movie. Bangiras has translated the plot below, which contains previously unknown facts about the movie. The pages in the scan are mixed-up, so plot information may be out of order or missing.
- Ash and crew arrive in Michiina Town. Dawn says she’s tired and Brock suggests they take a break. It’s a typical intro.
- They eventually make it to a lake at the base of a mountain. They all marvel at the mountain and lake. Ash thinks the air smells sweet and says the clean air instantly renewed his energy. Dawn says he’s always energetic. He says he’s SUPER ENERGETIC!
- The female movie character, Sheena, is secretly watching them. She mutters to herself about the “thunder demon and its master.” Suddenly, the sky distorts, and the fish in the lake begin flopping around while Pokemon outside the lake stampede away.
- Ash says, “What the?!” and Dawn says, “The Pokemon are running away…” Brock says something and Pikachu screams. Ash says, “What’s wrong Pikachu?” and a spatial distortion appears in the sky.
- There’s a skip to after Dialga saves Ash and crew from the wave that envelops them. Ash asks Sheena, “You can control Dialga?!” She girl says “I can communicate with the hearts of Pokemon” and Ash says that’s awesome. She goes on to say that Dialga lent her its strength. She introduces herself as Sheena, the guardian of the lake temple. And the other guy’s like, “Hi, I’m Kevin.” Sheena asks them if they are unharmed as Ash and crew introduce themselves.
- There’s another skip. Giratina shows up ready to blast someone, but Ash stands in front of him. Dawn and Brock scream, “Look out Ash!” but Ash says Giratina’s name. He asks, “Giratina, did you really forget me?!!” Giratina has to think, but finally remembers Ash (from the 11th movie) and gives him a ride. Then Ash is all smiles, “Giratina, you finally remembered.” Sheena says, “Giratina’s rage abated. Now… It will be conquered! The laws of time and space!”
- Sheena is by a Time-Space model, which resembles a globe. She says, “Oh no, Arceus is appearing” and starts trembling. Ash asks her why she’s scared. She says, “Arceus bears a grudge against humanity” and that he intends to judge them. Ash says, “Huh?” and Dawn says “Judge?” Sheena goes on to say that humans betrayed Arceus and (the rest is too blurry to read). Ash is shocked as she says that a Pokemon will destroy humanity. He says, “No way! Something like that could never happen. Kevin then (in a skipped page) tells the story of how Damos stole the Life Jewel from Arceus. Ash can barely believe him, crying, “That’s heartless!”
- Kevin continues, “With the promise broken, the betrayed Arceus destroyed the temple in a rage. Then, to heal its body, it went into a long sleep. Arceus said that when it next awakens it will pass down judgment on all of humanity.” Ash says, “So he’s that angry,” while Dawn comments that “Even though it helped Miichina it was betrayed. Poor Arceus.”
- Kevin presumably gives more detail about Arceus and what happened in the past. Brock says, “The worst one is that Damos guy” and Ash says, “This is all Damos’ fault!” Sheena says, “Damos was my ancestor,” causing the kids to feel embarrassed. She walks over to a desk and shows them the Life Jewel. Ash and crew are surprised to see it.
- Ash says, “That’s the life jewel?” Sheena says, “I must return this to Arceus and calm his rage” but then the globe thing starts reacting because of Arceus. Sheena says, “Arceus… is coming!” as he tears through a hole in the sky.
- Arceus attacks Sheena and Ash says, “What do you think you’re doing?” Arceus says, “Did you say, ‘This is the Life Jewel’?” Arceus says, “This is a fake.” Sheena says, “A fake?” Ash says, “What’s he talking about?” “I don’t know… I honestly thought that was the real thing.” Dawn says, “Well, where is the real one?” Arceus says, “I won’t be deceived by humans again!” and fires an attack.
- Ash screams, “Arceus, stop!” “Piplup, Bubble Beam!” “…It didn’t hit Arceus.” “Pikachu, Thunderbolt!” But it doesn’t do anything, so Ash asks, “Did it hit him?” Kevin says, “Arceus is currently lacking 5 wells of life. As a result, it can’t defend from Electric attacks.” It seems Arceus just brushed off Pikachu’s attack and didn’t even feel Piplup’s. When Arceus is attacked by Pikachu, it has a flashback to being attacked by Damos, and he screams in anger, “You!”
- In the last panel, Arceus says, “Receive the judgment of justice!” and Sheena is screaming “Stop!”
Someone on the Pokeani forums has also posted plot information from the missing pages of the manga. The information is translated below, thanks again to Bangiras. It provides even more new information about the movie.
- Thousands of years ago, an enormous meteor was headed toward this country (the movie’s location). Arceus sacrificed itself to stop the meteor, which would have killed many Pokemon.
- Arceus lost the plates which were the source of its life in the impact with the meteor, and it life force began to wane.
- Damos rescued the dying Arceus by collecting the scattered plates and returning them to Arceus.
- In gratitude Arceus took the powers of Water, Grass, Ground, Lightning, and Dragon from its own body and combined them to create the Life Jewel, which it loaned to Damos.
- Damos did not return the jewel on the promised day and betrayed Arceus, using Pokemon to attack it in its weakened state.
- Enraged that Damos betrayed its trust, Arceus destroyed the temple, and went into a long sleep to heal its injuries, saying “I’ll descend to judge humanity.”
- Damos’ one reason for betraying Arceus appears to be that he thought if the jewel was returned, Michiina would revert to its original ruined state.
- Damos’ line to Arceus: “I don’t have any kind of Life Jewel to return to you!”
- Arceus is a Pokemon who created everything.
- Arceus refers to itself as “Watashi,” which means a neutral “I” in Japanese.
- Arceus’ 16 wells of life can render an opponent’s moves useless, but now while it lacks the Life Jewel it can’t defend against Water, Grass, Ground, Electric, and Dragon attacks.
- Arceus sees Damos in Sheena, since he is her ancestor.
- When the Life Jewel that Sheena presents is revealed to be fake, Arceus anger towards humans grows even greater and it attacks.
- Sheena is a protector of the ruins and a descendant of Damos. She has the ability to communicate with Pokemon and the hearts of other people. (“Conquer it! The laws of time and space!”)
- Kevin is also a protector of the ruins, like Sheena.
- When Ash and co. are about to be sucked up by a sudden distortion in space, Sheena summons Dialga to save them.
- When space distorts a second time and Pikachu and Dialga are about to be sucked in, she summons Palkia to save them. Then, Sheena resolves the dispute between Dialga and Palkia.
- Sheena can’t use her power to communicate with anyone whose rage is intense, including Giratina when it’s initially summoned (Ash calms it though, as mentioned above).
- Sheena is terrified that Arceus will appear, and tells Ash and co. that Arceus will pass down judgment on all of humanity, then possibly destroy it.
- Sheena presents the Life Jewel to Arceus and apologizes, but since the Life Jewel is a fake, Arceus grows even more incensed. Sheena didn’t know the jewel was fake.
- Arceus is causing the spatial distortions as it awakens.
- As for the meeting of Dialga and Palkia, who were “never supposed to meet,” the energy swirling around the awakening Arceus created spatial distortions. This caused Dialga and Palkia’s two dimensions to touch, and each thought the other was invading its territory (the 10th movie). Thus, Arceus was responsible for Dialga and Palkia’s battle in the 10th movie.
- Dialga and Palkia lend Sheena their power after Sheena communicates with their hearts.
- Giratina, who was hunting Dialga, persistently attacks Dialga, but when it remembers Ash and their previous encounter in “The Sky Bouquet – Shaymin” its wrath is extinguished. Then, Sheena uses her power to clear up the misunderstanding with Dialga.
- Dialga and Palkia stand up against the enraged Arceus, wanting to protect humanity.
- Michiina’s old legend: “Back then, the thunder demon and the demon’s master changed this town’s destiny.”
- Long ago, Michiina was a desolate place, the power of the Life Jewel that Arceus gave them made the earth rich.
- The “Time-Space Model” is in the basement of the ruins in Michiina’s mountains.
- It is an item that shows the condition of the constantly changing time and space worldwide.
- It displays “this world’s space”, “the reverse world”, “Dialga’s space”, “Palkia’s space”, and “Arceus’ space”.
So, Arceus talks, it is responsible for the fight between Dialga and Palkia and indirectly Dialga and Giratina, the Life Jewel was replaced with a fake one, and there is a “thunder demon and its master.” Who could this thunder demon and its master be? The master is said to be Damos above, since he attacked Arceus with Electric Pokemon. But couldn’t it be Gishin and his Pokemon with their “magical devices?” Maybe Gishin tricked or controlled Damos and his Pokemon. But who is the Electric demon? A random Pokemon? Notched-Ear Pichu? Shiny Pichu? Zapdos? A brand new Pokemon? An actual demon? Who knows? This movie seems to have more plot than any previous Pokemon movie. I can’t wait to see it when I go to Japan in July! :D
As mentioned months ago, an Electric-type Pokemon would save the day. Now that we know the shiny Pichu that will be available for download to people who pre-order their movie tickets has the moveset of Charge, Volt Tackle, Endeavor, and Endure, could it be possible it will take down Arceus or whoever the real bad guy turns out to be? It uses Endure, which, when attacked by Arceus, will reduce its HP to 1, then Endeavor, which reduces Arceus’ HP to 1 as well. Then a Water, Grass, Ground, Lightning, and Dragon attack from another Pokemon like Pikachu, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, etc. would take it down. Sounds like it could work!