Your favorite anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Anime Thread

Phew, I was worried it was going to be another one of these for a second. Can't wait to see some more footage.

ShadowLugia said:
Phew, I was worried it was going to be another one of these for a second. Can't wait to see some more footage.
Yes Live Actions always ruin amazing anime series!
I have yet to see a good live action movie based off an anime..
Death Note Live Action..horrible
Dragonball Evolution... horrible
Avatar... horrible (I know it's technically not an anime but close enough)

And I know that there will be one for Mirai Nikki.. which will undoubtedly be horrible

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is an amazing anime so far! Only two episodes (of twelve) have aired but I can already really recommend it! The first episode alone is almost like a mini movie... so much development in two episodes, but I kinda doubt it can keep it up during the whole series. If it can, however, it will be one of the best anime ever.

Meatheart said:
How is GT Fake?

It's because with the most recent adaptations to the franchise aside from the new Japanese Arcade Game called "Dragonball Hoshi" there is not a single mention about the atrocity that is GT including in the recent MMORPG "Dragonball Online" which takes place thousands of years after the events of DBZ since the franchise officially ended after the Buu Saga although peer pressure from fans forced him to get that far.

There was also no Official Manga Adaptation for GT and it never even got Akira Toriyama's approval either since Toei Animation only made the series back in 1996 to help promote a PS One game called "Dragonball GT: Final Bout" which most people tend to forget. By the time Toei Animation was working on GT, Toriyama literally had no control of the series anymore.

Since then he mostly does character illustrations for the JRPG franchise "Dragon Quest" which is completely overshadowed by Square Enix's "Final Fantasy" franchise which has lost the luster it once had since it's seventh adaptation. "Final Fantasy VII" was the last good Final Fantasy game ever made since then every other sequel has been a complete train wreck.

Oh and here's a piece of advice, don't ever watch Dragonball Kai or the way Nickelodeon used the moniker, "Dragonball Z Kai". It's pretty horrible because they changed some of the original voice actors from the Original FUNimation Dub, the Opening Theme and Ending Theme in English Dub is just God awful and they also got rid of the Bruce Faulconer music that made the Dub so epic. The original Remastered version of Dragonball Z by FUNimation unfortunately doesn't have the Bruce Faulconer music either but it's still lightyears better than Dragonball Kai which is almost as bad as what 4Kids did to One Piece.

Ok so I have been hooked on Sword Art Online. I was a bit late to start watching it but wow.
I just can't keep waiting for each new episode to be aired. It is simply amazing. I love it. OMG. NEED MORE SAO NOW

Ugh, I have had no time to watch JoJo's Bizzare Adventure.
AND I WANT TO REAL BAD!

Hetalia. SO MUCH HETALIA.
I finished Madoka Magica by the way. It was amazing. If you haven't seen it, get off your butt and watch it now. I watched up to episode three of Guilty Crown, and I loved it. But I didn't finish it and started on Black Rock Shooter instead which is pretty good so far.

Vulpix-core said:
I finished Madoka Magica by the way. It was amazing. If you haven't seen it, get off your butt and watch it now. I watched up to episode three of Guilty Crown, and I loved it. But I didn't finish it and started on Black Rock Shooter instead which is pretty good so far.

I finished Guilty Crown just recently!
I absolutely loved the series.. but what I found was that you either loved it or.. hated it.
I don't see why it has so many negative reviews (also a lot good ones) because I just found it amazing. The fight scenes and art were just amazing in my opinion

Wasn't a big fan of the ending (I never really am..) but yeah.. I'm saying that there is definitely going to be a season 2

NidoJosh said:
Vulpix-core said:

I finished Guilty Crown just recently!
I absolutely loved the series.. but what I found was that you either loved it or.. hated it.
I don't see why it has so many negative reviews (also a lot good ones) because I just found it amazing. The fight scenes and art were just amazing in my opinion

Wasn't a big fan of the ending (I never really am..) but yeah.. I'm saying that there is definitely going to be a season 2

I totally agree with you. A lot of it might have come from people who don't like sci-fi, which is okay but not a good reason to dislike something. I for one loved it though. It was very well made imo.

Just recently read the latest Manga Chapter for Bleach, it's pretty epic. I won't post any spoilers for those that haven't read it yet but let's just say it's almost akin to Goku becoming SSJ1 against Frieza on Namek from DBZ...

Card Slinger, the latest bleach was rubbish (in my opinion) compared the the last few. Although a certain someone looked amazing on page 16 (http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/85527845/16). Kubo just wasted a 5-6 panels for nothing and could have developed the storyline a bit more.

Has anyone been watching Sword art Online? My friends have been recommending it, but I looked at some of the episodes and it looked at bit strange, is it any good?

miniman said:
Card Slinger, the latest bleach was rubbish (in my opinion) compared the the last few. Although a certain someone looked amazing on page 16 (http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/85527845/16). Kubo just wasted a 5-6 panels for nothing and could have developed the storyline a bit more.

Has anyone been watching Sword art Online? My friends have been recommending it, but I looked at some of the episodes and it looked at bit strange, is it any good?

Sword Art Online has developed into one of my favourite anime ever
Honestly it is worth watching it. I'm up to date at the moment and I have seriously enjoyed most of it (maybe 1 or 2 episodes that were boring..) but the whole concept of the anime is really interesting

<- Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai, go watch it. [size=-3]And watch Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun too while you are at it. Both are airing atm.[/size]
....I
....v

I have to say the newest Gintama episodes are beautiful. I'm so glad it's back.

Gintama is amazing. The crazy episode count kinda turns me down, but one day I will definitely have watched the whole series.

See, that's my problem with anime for me. I'm usually only able to watch a 24 episode anime at most, unless it's something like Hetalia which has around 55 3 to 5 minute episodes. Which I'm almost finished with, by the way.

Teal said:
<- Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai, go watch it. [size=-3]And watch Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun too while you are at it. Both are airing atm.[/size]
....I
....v

I can vouch that Chuunibyou is pretty good. There's only three episodes so far and I'm already interested. c:

iTvtIHrMNCmdi.gif

miniman said:

What can I say, I'm a sucker for dramatic entrances in Shonen series and Ichigo's was pretty cool which took me back to watching Dragonball Z. But aside from that yeah Kubo could've done better.

Teal said:
Gintama is amazing. The crazy episode count kinda turns me down, but one day I will definitely have watched the whole series.

I've really been wanting to get into this series.. being rated as the top anime on MAL..
But I really don't want to try and play catch up on the episodes which isn't helped due to my large schooling commitments (trying to get into med..). Plus I am also trying desperately to catch up on Naruto Shippuuden at this moment so.. but who knows I will probably end up watching it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back