Your favorite anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Anime Thread

Btw. I have watched 38 episodes of Gintama. Gintama... it's actually kinda like my art thread or my new story here. Like them if you look at the tiles, that is. Absolutely random. Gintama is so random, but so funny. I... I really want to watch it now again.

"One series has, however, defied all the conventions, and has become one of the greatest comedy anime of all time. Incorporating elements from some of the best comedy of both East and West, the series has an anarchic streak that, at times, is more reminiscent of Monty Python, The Simpsons and Family Guy."

I caught up with all the episodes when it was on the hiatus before the one it was just on and it was time well spent. If you have a spare few hours to kill, 5-6 episodes of Gintama will make the time fly.
It doesn't just do comedy well either, the story arcs are actually quite awesome.

I probably shouldn't be asking this on this thread but do any of you guys know where I can watch the Original 1988 VHS English Dub of Akira Online? Every website I go to they have the crappy Pioneer Dub with Johnny Yong Bosch that was released on DVD in 2001. I'm not sure If the Pioneer Dub was released on Blue Ray yet or not but I'd much prefer the Original VHS Dub by Kodansha that was also Streamlined cause it was the Original and the Best.

One of my friends who I've known for nearly 10 years told me that he's seen the Original Dub by Kodansha and alot of people tell me that it's much better than the Pioneer Dub which is God awful. The one thing I hate about English Dubs is when they switch companies they screw up the whole experience for you especially in the Opening and Ending Credits sometimes. If worse comes to worse I'll try to find an Original Akira VHS bootleg tape on Amazon or eBay.

This season I'm watching:
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Little Busters!
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Shinsekai yori
Teekyuu
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Wooser no Sono Higurashi

And when I have time I'll watch:
Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de

All are really good so far.
:D

I just started watching K-ON! last monday. Yeah, there is no plot or whatever, but I love it. C: <- I smile like that during every episode.

Haters gonna hate.

I saw FLCL recently and minus the few very perverted scenes, it was very good. I felt it was very memorable and had a great soundtrack, too. It was funny and cool at the same time.

I'm currently watching SAO and I was wondering if anybody could tell me when new episodes come out? It took me 3 days to watch all the released episodes with school and everything going on.

Trainerhan1 said:
I'm currently watching SAO and I was wondering if anybody could tell me when new episodes come out? It took me 3 days to watch all the released episodes with school and everything going on.

Hey Trainerhan1 new SAO episodes come out on either Saturdays or Sundays.

On that topic, I'm caught up on SAO. It's one of few animes I've been able to fully enjoy in a long time. Atm I'm reading the light novel series since I'm terrible at waiting. :F

HNNNG!
Joseph Joestar in next episode of JoJo's. And a new intro. I can't wait!

TDL either downloaded it or is reading it online because I really doubt it has been officially translated. Also lol SAO ranobe. I have heard the most famous line. :B

miniman said:
TDL did you buy the light novels or are you reading them online somehow?

lol buy. good one.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online#Volume_3_-_Fairy_Dance_.28Full_Text.29

omahanime said:
Has anyone watched Tiger & Bunny?

Watching it on Neon Alley. Actually with the holiday buzz forgot about it so thanks for remind me.

I picked up Lucky Star and plan to watch it

Although I watch anime for a pretty long time, I haven't seen any series through yet. Here's what I've seen:
Bleach
Dragonball Z
Fairy Tail
But there is one anime I am crazy about. One Piece. It's plain awesome.
What did you say! It ain't that good? *shoots* This subject's closed.

Has anyone here watched Sankarea? I currently am, and it's pretty entertaining and only 12 episodes I think.

Create an anime topic for the anime you want to discuss in Entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back