Your favorite anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Anime Thread

Spoil episode one? LOL
Go ahead.

(Edit: Looked it up quickly and the first impression is that it's not a good anime. ;P)

Okay, if I must. (it's been a while since I watched it, so I'm describing it from memory)

A boy named Ryuuji is at school when suddently his cousin Eriko comes to pick him up to steal (or rather steal back) a treasure known as a "Lost Precious" from a gang named Fang, however there is no treasure inside the suitcase, instead they find a girl who can shoot fire out of her hand and for some reason knows Ryuuji. He then decides to protect the girl from Fang by using his powers as a Relic Handler.

Now I'll copy and paste ANN's description.

Ryūji Kisaragi is a normal high school boy whose peaceful life is turned into an adventure by the return of his second cousin Eriko Nanao. Ryūji and Eriko seize a relic box from a black broker, and in the box they find Rose, a red dragon girl. In order to protect Rose from the black organization, Ryuji decides to fight using his power as a relic handler.

The two descriptions are almost the same, mine is just worded differently.

EDIT: Forgot to mention it gets really mixed reception.

I'm currently watching "Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage"
I really enjoyed the first season so I have high hopes for this one ^.^
Has anybody else watched this anime?

Black Lagoon's pretty entertaining. Gotta love Revy.

Right now I'm currently watching the first Lupin III series, Paranoia Agent and Bakemonogatari. And I'm also rewatching FLCL for the billionth time. :lol:

Re-watching right now
Code Geass: Lelouch of Revolution
DeathNote
Bleach
all in Japanese english subbed.

Anime I've Been Watching Lately:

* Cardfight!! Vanguard (Sub/Dub)
* Dragonball Z (Remastered Dub)
* BeyBlade: Metal Fusion (Dub)
* Casshern Sins (Dub)
* Pokemon BW: Rival Destinies (Dub)

Planning to move onto Guilty Crown next.
I have really high expectations for this anime so I hope it's good!

After that I plan to watch:
- Zetman
- FMA: Brotherhood

My plan to watch list is larger than my actual planned anime >.> Stupid school

NidoJosh said:
Planning to move onto Guilty Crown next.
I have really high expectations for this anime so I hope it's good!
Whoops! Look out for the pit!

I have heared that Gulity Crown is really bad.

In theory, Guilty Crown should be awesome. It's an anime about a boy who obtains a special power, directed by the guy who directed Death Note and written by the guy who wrote Code Geass, both of which are awesome anime that are also about guys obtaining special powers.

But... I've also heard it's pretty bad, from people who loved both Death Note and Code Geass and whose opinions I trust.

I'll be watching it eventually, just to be able to judge it for myself. But... not any time soon. :p

I thought guilty crown was quite good, but no where near as good as it coulve have been or as code geass and death note but it was still pritty good to watch.

What does everybody think of the anime "Zetman"
I've recently finished the series.. but I think that it had so much more potential.
I seriously love the idea behind it, but idk I think that the execution could have been a bit better, or maybe dragged it out a bit longer.

Ok, I have watched all TV episodes of Kokoro Connect now (13 episodes), and I have to say that I just love it and if you like the "a person's identity" as a theme you should totally watch it. It is everywhere advertised as a "body switching" anime, but body switches are just the first arc and the anime will go through other supernatural themes that reveal more about the character's identities and pasts too.
Looking forward to episodes 14-17 (Blu-ray release). Seriously tempted to read the light novel series.

WATCH IT IF: A person's identity is an intriguing theme to you and you like well-written, multilayered characters.

DON'T WATCH IT IF: You are searching for a mindless moe anime or exploding action. If you don't like realistic anime (characters).

Teal said:
Ok, I have watched all TV episodes of Kokoro Connect now (13 episodes), and I have to say that I just love it and if you like the "a person's identity" as a theme you should totally watch it. It is everywhere advertised as a "body switching" anime, but body switches are just the first arc and the anime will go through other supernatural themes that reveal more about the character's identities and pasts too.
Looking forward to episodes 14-17 (Blu-ray release). Seriously tempted to read the light novel series.

WATCH IT IF: A person's identity is an intriguing theme to you and you like well-written, multilayered characters.

DON'T WATCH IT IF: You are searching for a mindless moe anime or exploding action. If you don't like realistic anime (characters).
I am very intrigued by this anime
I read some reviews on MAL and had a look at the overview of it
It definitely looks interesting, so I will probably watch it after I finish Guilty Crown (which I've been putting off for ages..)

I recently finished an amazing 12-episode anime called Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I was really surprised to have enjoyed it as much as I did, considering its a magical girl anime (although it appears to look less and less like one as the story progresses, haha!). I really haven't enjoyed an anime this much for years! I know it looks kind of cutesy and that might turn some of you off but it really is worth the watch.

I heard the manga for it was pretty good as well although I never read it. I think I might since I heard Kyubey was a million times creepier in the manga. Not to mention, there is usually more detail in the manga.

Has anyone else watched the dub of Baka & Test? I've watched 7 episodes so far and I love it! I have a feeling episode 8 will make a Neon Genesis Evangelion reference!

TofuFishy said:
Not to mention, there is usually more detail in the manga.
However, Madoka was originally an anime that was adapted to a manga. Saying it just so you know.

Anybody looking forward to the new DBZ Special next year in 2013? I saw the Teaser Trailer for it and it was amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veTVm2a-S0w

Thank God Dragonball GT is fake...

Card Slinger J said:
Anybody looking forward to the new DBZ Special next year in 2013? I saw the Teaser Trailer for it and it was amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veTVm2a-S0w

Thank God Dragonball GT is fake...

How is GT Fake?

Oh man I am so pumped for this movie.
I've recently been rewatching the original Dragon Ball and it's so inappropriate.
Also, when Goku does his first kamehameha, he has two right hands. Look it up, it's crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back